Giles at Greeneville!

DevilMan03

Whio wins?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Greeneville?
    • Giles?

Barb I must say you have taught your fellow Gdevil posters well, none of them would give you up. They all said "Man none of us know who she is" Big Trey said. Hopefully if we play you guys next year it will be in Cookeville or the BRICKYARD. Got plenty of room down here for tailgating. One question, would you guys have set the fireworks off if we had won? It was nice I liked it. Not a real fan of the home team sitting on visitor side, esp if you are going to wear a dead cat on your head and an orange jump suit. Good luck saturday I am secretly pulling for you guys so dont tell anyone!

We always have a few on the visitors side, and we had plenty of fans from our 4 neigboring county schools as well as quite a few from upper east TN schools and ALL of them become Greeneville fans the day after Thanksgiving. You might have noticed the home stands were jam-packed. I started to come up on the Hill and visit...I had an offer from BVD to buy me dinner, but I have spent too many years cultivating my anonymity on CoachT and I really was listening to a SC State Championship game on my iphone( Abbeville Panthers...back to back State Champs!) I know it is only a matter of time before we sell our home in Greeneville and it will become less convenient to travel back to see my boys play. Maybe then I'll let my secret out. I hope you enjoyed "dead cat guy", it could have been much worse. You could have had "big dinner at the Bean Barn guy" sitting in front of you like I did. Didn't shake that tll I was halfway home...

Still don't know about the Devil vs Wood match-up. I do believe the Devils may have the edge. It's hard to get back to flat ground after a game like last night. I met #5's daddy. If #5 is anything his pop he is a fine young man. I thought the refs did a good job of letting them play. Looked like equal opportunity infractions to me. We had good zebras through the play-offs. Met your principle. Very nice professional lady. Great atmosphere. My only complaint is the lighting. For such a nice facility the lumen s are lacking. Good luck next week to Greeneville.

Bobcats. Way to play Giles football. The program you have helped build will continue to improve because of your efforts and hard work. Greeneville has a home field advantage because they like to create a intimidating atmosphere. You were calm and blue collar all night. Respect but no fear. Almost 350 yards against a fine defense tells how you fought and scratched all night long. Every week this young team got better. 14 out of 15 games possible. What a year. '12 will be even more exciting.

To the 10 seniors. Your efforts will always be remembered. You helped confirmed that Giles does not rebuild. Giles is reaching the reload status. Many counted you out at the beginning of the season. You proved them wrong. Time & time again. :ph34r:

My question is this: was it bad just for Greeneville or for both teams?

My main point is this: Greeneville has great players with great determination. They also have a great coaching staff. These kids and adults work extremely hard! It is crazy how excuses are made when they have a close game or lose. Sometimes the other team may just have a good night against you. I don't think we teach these kids any life lessons (which are most important) when we make excuses when things don't go as planned.

It was bad for both teams. Two times refs picked up flags. One of them I thought was roughing the passer on Greeneville for sure. (Devil fan here) There was more than once I thought Giles QB was beyond the line of scrimmage when he threw. (He is great by the way) The regs came across as very indecisive and there were alot of non-calls both ways. Greeneville had a couple of clips that were not called that I remember. Also, maybe it is allowed now but when I played one lineman could not "lay down" behind a defender while another lineman hit him high. Can't remember what it was called but I saw the Giles center do it multiple times last night. Looked like something kids used to do on the playground.

Yeah the guy that had the dead cat on his head and the orange jump suit on was sitting directly in front of me.He was hilarious and having a good time.And the only one sweating besides the players on the field.Don't know if he's always that into the game or if he had some liquid encouragement?It was fun.

He is really a great guy. He is a local entertainer that sings and plays the piano. Just likes to have fun and he had the Greeneville fans cracking up. Actually he was our QB back in the mid 80's and his dad played for the Detroit Lions. As for the Greeneville fans sitting on the visitors side, we have always sat on one end of that side. The center of the home side is reserved an students and band sit on one end of them not leaving many other seats. Even our Mayor sometimes sits on the visitors side. I always sit there. The Bobcat fans were great. I'll have to eat a little crow, never thought the Bobcats would be that good. Cobb was tremendous, very elusive and tough. He took some hard shots. I thought the Devils would start the game in the power set and use Hall alot more. They made that adjustment at the half and started to take control with the help of a couple of take aways. The cream finally began to rise to the top. Bobcat fans should be proud of their team. They have a great outlook. Oh, was that a cat hat? I thought it was just a fur hat.

You know. Coach Thompson will delete this, but truth is, he is biased against Giles County. I would be too if I were a 6 a team, beat by a 4 a team, on a regular basis. If it's not bad language, or threatening someone, then don't cut it. You guy's allowed all the crap against O'C from Holt fan's, but then cut others. Whats up Bobcat012, hadn't heard from you. Where you at? Oh, you with Coach Holt working on the backdoor move. :unsure:

Edited by aintskeered

We always have a few on the visitors side, and we had plenty of fans from our 4 neigboring county schools as well as quite a few from upper east TN schools and ALL of them become Greeneville fans the day after Thanksgiving. You might have noticed the home stands were jam-packed. I started to come up on the Hill and visit...I had an offer from BVD to buy me dinner, but I have spent too many years cultivating my anonymity on CoachT and I really was listening to a SC State Championship game on my iphone( Abbeville Panthers...back to back State Champs!) I know it is only a matter of time before we sell our home in Greeneville and it will become less convenient to travel back to see my boys play. Maybe then I'll let my secret out. I hope you enjoyed "dead cat guy", it could have been much worse. You could have had "big dinner at the Bean Barn guy" sitting in front of you like I did. Didn't shake that tll I was halfway home...

Barb, what do you mean by those last two statements?

Still don't know about the Devil vs Wood match-up. I do believe the Devils may have the edge. It's hard to get back to flat ground after a game like last night. I met #5's daddy. If #5 is anything his pop he is a fine young man. I thought the refs did a good job of letting them play. Looked like equal opportunity infractions to me. We had good zebras through the play-offs. Met your principle. Very nice professional lady. Great atmosphere. My only complaint is the lighting. For such a nice facility the lumen s are lacking. Good luck next week to Greeneville.

Bobcats. Way to play Giles football. The program you have helped build will continue to improve because of your efforts and hard work. Greeneville has a home field advantage because they like to create a intimidating atmosphere. You were calm and blue collar all night. Respect but no fear. Almost 350 yards against a fine defense tells how you fought and scratched all night long. Every week this young team got better. 14 out of 15 games possible. What a year. '12 will be even more exciting.

To the 10 seniors. Your efforts will always be remembered. You helped confirmed that Giles does not rebuild. Giles is reaching the reload status. Many counted you out at the beginning of the season. You proved them wrong. Time & time again. :ph34r:

i just want to say to the giles co kids you have a great program and you guys played the devils the best game all year hands down . your alls qb is super as well as your team you all are very well coached that is evidant by your composure while on the field - congrats to you on making it to the semis you all will be a force next year no doubt! hope we get to meet you all again!