Giles at Greeneville!

DevilMan03

Whio wins?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Greeneville?
    • Giles?

I think if Giles line had been able to withstand the pounding it was taking in the second half this one would have gone down to the wire. Greeneville had no answer for Cobb as long as his line held...the wheels fell off for the Cats in the second half when we came out with a big dose of Big Mel...That kid played 4 quarters of rumble and smash on both sides of the ball. The conditioning of Greeneville's big boys is unbelievable. There should be no question of whether these kids can go hard for 4 quarters. If that's what a diet of so-called cupcakes does for you then all I can say is "more please". Didn't make it home in time to here the stats from this one.I don't walk as fast as I used to. Can someone fill me in?

Edited by barb

I think if Giles line had been able to withstand the pounding it was taking in the second half this one would have gone down to the wire. Greeneville had no answer for Cobb as long as his line held...the wheels fell off for the Cats in the second half when we came out with a big dose of Big Mel...That kid played 4 quarters of rumble and smash on both sides of the ball. The conditioning of Greeneville's big boys is unbelievable. There should be no question of whether these kids can go hard for 4 quarters. If that's what a diet of so-called cupcakes does for you then all I can say is "more please". Didn't make it home in time to here the stats from this one.I don't walk as fast as I used to. Can someone fill me in?

Jamel Hall and Tanner Stewart made a statement in the first drive of the second half. They just refused to go down. That was the 'heart' the team lacked at times in the first half. Something tells me the halftime speech got their attention.

As usual this time of the season comes down to who makes the least amount of mistakes. Gville won that battle. Bobcats played their hearts out tonight, great season for all involved. Had a great time tailgating with the guys and girls on the hill. The only other bad note on the night besides the loss was the village idiot that got loose from somewhere on our side. Back home the guys in the orange jump suits are usually on lock down, I see one got loose. But spent 2 hours in Applebees with all of Greene nation and nothing out of line was said. Good Luck next week, as for me looks like I am Arizona Bound!

Giles County was a really good team. Just not alot of depth and that showed in the 2nd half. I've said all season that a passing team would hurt us and that showed tonight. I am still wondering about some of the Giles Co. play calling though....why run the same play after a penalty when the D saw what play it would be? Not to mention the big hit my Jamel and a fumble deep in your territory? Or the pick that Thorton got on the same pass play they rsn earlier in the drive? Anyway if you want to beat Greeneville you have to throw the ball

As usual this time of the season comes down to who makes the least amount of mistakes. Gville won that battle. Bobcats played their hearts out tonight, great season for all involved. Had a great time tailgating with the guys and girls on the hill. The only other bad note on the night besides the loss was the village idiot that got loose from somewhere on our side. Back home the guys in the orange jump suits are usually on lock down, I see one got loose. But spent 2 hours in Applebees with all of Greene nation and nothing out of line was said. Good Luck next week, as for me looks like I am Arizona Bound!

That was one of the best high school football atmosphere's ever. Sorry I missed you up on the hill, but my boys back home in SC were playing for the state championship and I was in the stands listening to it on the internet...it was a good night for my teams. If that Cobb kid can learn when to stay with a play and when to get rid of the ball or take a sack, he'll be another Giles County Mr.Football. He's a play-maker for sure, but a couple of those int's were the direct result of forcing a play when he should have just thrown it away...the same with the fumbles. You can tell he's an intense competitor and he's definitely a dangerous weapon. Yall are gonna be scary good next year...hopefully on the other side of the bracket. Safe travels friend.

Good luck at the state, will be there pulling for you all to bring home the gold ball. :thumb:

And then hope to watch our Rebels win the 6A title :D

Looks like East Tennessee has a pretty good chance at bringing home a significant amount of hardware next weekend...Good Luck to South Pittsburg,CAK,Powell,Maryville, and of course my Devils...

BVDevil and all the other Greeneville fans ... a Fulton Falcon fan will be pulling for the ETteams to bring back the gold to ET .. we all know Maryville and Alcoa have held their end up most years .. my Falcons brought home 3 Golds and 2 Silvers from 2002 - 2008 .. and the Devils will bring home their 2nd gold in 3 years ... here's to S Pitt -1A, CAK-3A , Devils-4A, Powell -5A and the Rebs 6A ... Falcons will be pulling for ya !! Dont give Middle or West TN Nothing but Silver.

Congrats to Greeneville , If it's the same as last year 1A, 3A,&5A on Friday evening , then 2A, 4A, & 6A on Sat. A lot of us Maryville fans will try to get there early enough to cheer you guys on , Good luck ! :thumb:

Please do. I know a lot of us Greene devils stayed for your game last year and we will be staying again this year. We have nothing but respect for your program and want to keep all the gold in east TN. Good luck Rebels!