Giles at Greeneville!

DevilMan03

Whio wins?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Greeneville?
    • Giles?

The crowd chanting "holding.....holding.....holding" is the highlight of my night. What a bunch of excuse makers!

[/quote

ive been workin on my video, so i just now read this comment and if someone has already responded to it, my appologies, but the crowd was actually chaning " ALL IN ALL IN ALL IN "...i thought they were chanting holding too, ( and some of them were) but the chant was for " ALL IN " did you notice the " ALL IN " sign they were holding up...check out my vid when it gets uploaded...at the time it happened, i thought they were chanting HOLDING too...which there was a TON OF IT tonight, just not called...not making excuses, Giles was well prepared and I thought played us tooth and nail for 3 quarters

BVDevil and all the other Greeneville fans ... a Fulton Falcon fan will be pulling for the ETteams to bring back the gold to ET .. we all know Maryville and Alcoa have held their end up most years .. my Falcons brought home 3 Golds and 2 Silvers from 2002 - 2008 .. and the Devils will bring home their 2nd gold in 3 years ... here's to S Pitt -1A, CAK-3A , Devils-4A, Powell -5A and the Rebs 6A ... Falcons will be pulling for ya !! Dont give Middle or West TN Nothing but Silver.

i dont know a thing about Maplewood other than they gave us our best challenge last year and im just taking a shot in the dark here, but i would venture a guess that they are quick and fast. If they have a passing game, it might be a da...uh...heckuva game. IF they try to pound it on us...game over. If we do anything other than line up in the power set we used the entire second half I will be amazed. I was very impressed with the Giles team, as I figured I would be. Cobb is "sumpin spashul" for sure and was very gracious in defeat when I spoke to him after the game, as were most of the Giles kids I patted on the back and wished well. Fine bunch of youngins yall are raising down there also.

i dont know a thing about Maplewood other than they gave us our best challenge last year and im just taking a shot in the dark here, but i would venture a guess that they are quick and fast. If they have a passing game, it might be a da...uh...heckuva game. IF they try to pound it on us...game over. If we do anything other than line up in the power set we used the entire second half I will be amazed. I was very impressed with the Giles team, as I figured I would be. Cobb is "sumpin spashul" for sure and was very gracious in defeat when I spoke to him after the game, as were most of the Giles kids I patted on the back and wished well. Fine bunch of youngins yall are raising down there also.

Had a great time BVDevil and tell Dr. Stroud thanks once again for letting me stand up there with a handfull of you guys.That's the best ever view of a Greeneville high football game.She is not only doing a great job at Greeneville but is a great fan as well .It's not every day you can high five the principal and watch your alma mater win a state semi-final football game.She called the fake punt all the way for Greeneville at the 35,I told her they would punt unless someone was on a pass pattern.She was 100% right.The member of the coaching staff that I met was a super guy as well.I hope the Giles fans and team get's back safe.They played a great game and have my respect for fighting right up until the end.Go Devils !! Bring it back next week !!

Congrats GC! Played your heart out tonight. Just a few plays were the difference tonight but you made a lot of big plays as well. GC 8 seniors Gv 27 seniors. I'm proud as heck of our 8 and all the under classmen that have stepped up all season. Next year is very bright for the Cats and this group of seniors end the year with the second most sccessful season ever for GC and the most wns for any class of Cats. Our future is very bright!

Congratulations to Greeneville on a hard fought victory. It was a heck of a game. Giles left it all on the field tonight. The great players and depth of the Devils was just too much in the 4th quarter. Giles just could not stop the Devils running game in the 2nd half. Good job by the Greeneville staff in sticking to what you do best. Unless your bus breaks down the Gold Ball is yours.

Cats. You lost to a great team tonight. As usual, OC's teams never quit. You fought hard all night long as we knew you would. Making the '2011 season 14 games long was a huge accomplishment. '12 starts in the weight room now. Bigger. Stronger. Faster. You will make a lot of noise next year! :ph34r:

Congratulations to Greeneville on a hard fought victory. It was a heck of a game. Giles left it all on the field tonight. The great players and depth of the Devils was just too much in the 4th quarter. Giles just could not stop the Devils running game in the 2nd half. Good job by the Greeneville staff in sticking to what you do best. Unless your bus breaks down the Gold Ball is yours.

Cats. You lost to a great team tonight. As usual, OC's teams never quit. You fought hard all night long as we knew you would. Making the '2011 season 14 games long was a huge accomplishment. '12 starts in the weight room now. Bigger. Stronger. Faster. You will make a lot of noise next year! :ph34r:

WOMG, aside from one idiot GC dude that thought i was " rubbing it in " by shaking hands and congratulating your players as they went to the locker room after the game, I found every GC fan i met to be very nice and coordial. Was really hopin to meet you ,but i guess your cane was wore out from all that driving...your boys fought like the dickens and darn near took out our " Cane ". good luck next season. That offense wasnt just "multiple" it came real close to "Subtracting" a really fine football squad from winning a second consecutive gold ball...now hop on the Cane train and help cheer us on past the Wooden Maples.....safe travels back OM.

Crappy officiating

I guess the officiating got better in the 4th quarter. Didn't read any complaining after Greeneville got the lead for good. It amazes me how IF a team plays with Greeneville, it is bad officiating. As far as holding calls not being penalized, I think holding could be called on about a third of the plays in high school football. Games would last 4 hours if they called all of them. Greeneville players and coaches work their butts off to be successful and I don't think it does them justice to make excuses when things are not going as planned. They obviously learned something from that 09 game and never wanted to have that feeling again. They did not make excuses, they just worked harder and decided not to let each other down. I am glad they left the complaining to the fans. Congrats Greeneville players and coaches! Good luck next week in Cookeville!

Giles County, you played great and actually kept it closer than 90% of the people on this board thought you would. I saw where you didn't have many seniors so the future looks good for you guys.

Edited by gcfball

I guess the officiating got better in the 4th quarter. Didn't read any complaining after Greeneville got the lead for good. It amazes me how IF a team plays with Greeneville, it is bad officiating. As far as holding calls not being penalized, I think holding could be called on about a third of the plays in high school football. Games would last 4 hours if they called all of them. Greeneville players and coaches work their butts off to be successful and I don't think it does them justice to make excuses when things are not going as planned. They obviously learned something from that 09 game and never wanted to have that feeling again. They did not make excuses, they just worked harder and decided not to let each other down. I am glad they left the complaining to us the fans. Congrats Greeneville players and coaches! Good luck next week in Cookeville!

Giles County, you played great and actually kept it closer than 90% of the people on this board thought you would. I saw where you didn't have many seniors so the future looks good for you guys.

I take it you weren't in attendance last night? The officiating was bad! Never made excuses, just had bad officiating.

Congrats GC! Played your heart out tonight. Just a few plays were the difference tonight but you made a lot of big plays as well. GC 8 seniors Gv 27 seniors. I'm proud as heck of our 8 and all the under classmen that have stepped up all season. Next year is very bright for the Cats and this group of seniors end the year with the second most sccessful season ever for GC and the most wns for any class of Cats. Our future is very bright!

My how you have changed your tone, but you still show the devils no respect.