Covington @ Maplewood

CHARGERFAN

Our Covington Chargers are looking forward to coming to your place to play a semi-final game this coming Friday. Let's get the discussion started.

First, I know that quite a few of our Charger faithful will be traveling up I-40 to Nashville for the game. I googled your address. Do you have a football field at the school, or do you play elsewhere? If elsewhere, please provide the street address of the field.

Second, I have used the Massey and the Sonny Moore websites to get a feel for this matchup. Massey says Maplewood wins 28 to 22. Sonny Moore predicts about a 7 point victory for you guys based on his rankings plus 3 points for home advantage. That is OK with me, because we do very well as an underdog. What the websites can't measure is our conditioning that helps us late in games, and our heart.

Third, we are a wing-T team. We will run the ball almost every play. If you see 3 passes from us in one game, that is highly unusual. Instead, we have a powerful running attack. We unleash 3 backs who can score on any carry, and we pile up lots of rushing yards. Of course, your coaching staff will see all of this on the film, so it is no secret. Our defense will bend some, then will rise up and get a stop or a turnover when we need it most.

Fourth, I would like a quick recap on your team so that we understand what kind of team we will be facing.

looking forward to seeing y'all next week.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

congrats to mwood and big props to covington on the come from behind victory...didnt think u had it in u...

how is #20 from maplewood...was reading in the other thread that the had to leave the game early...hopefully he can return and play at full strength this week...no point in laying claim to beating a team that isnt full strength...

i think this will be a great game...the covington wing t vs the speed and size of maplewoods linebackers and front 3...

maplewood is a great place to watch a game...field was right across the street from the school...easy to find...

best of luck to covington and coach wheeler...keep up the hard work...

Yes, I actually have seen Covington play. I got there Milan game in my DVD player right now.

OK, that's fair. Now I have not seen Maplewood play, so what is their advantage over Covington? What do they do well enough to beat us by 13? I'm not trying to argue with you as much as I am just trying to get a feel for what their team is like.

OK, that's fair. Now I have not seen Maplewood play, so what is their advantage over Covington? What do they do well enough to beat us by 13? I'm not trying to argue with you as much as I am just trying to get a feel for what their team is like.

They are physical up front. They are very similar to Milan but with a better defense and better lineman. They have a TB who will be the fastest guy in the field and is very tough to see behind his O-Line.

They are physical up front. They are very similar to Milan but with a better defense and better lineman. They have a TB who will be the fastest guy in the field and is very tough to see behind his O-Line.

Hey, thanks for the rundown. They do sound like a tough opponent. I will trust Marty Wheeler and staff to make the right calls to negate their advantages. We'll see a week from tonight how that turns out.

As I said last week, both these teams are great. You don't get this far if you're not. Dk much about Maplewood but I know they beat Liberty and when you shut out a team in the quarterfinals, you have to be great. As I have continually said, one thing about this group of Chargers that stands out is their heart. They have great talent of course, but their heart is what has put them over the top. They have been down at some point every week so far and refused to lose. Should be a great game between two great teams. Good luck Chargers!