CPA @ MILAN let's get it started

thedawg44

I know that is your opinion but after really looking at CPA schedule who are their quality wins other than GP and PC? Granted they beat them twice each, but we beat a very good Westview team twice and also got the W against a team playing the Maplewood team you mentioned. CPA is a good team no doubt but I really don't think their strength of schedule is tougher than Milan's

I believe if you follow this link to Sonny Moore's Power Ratings, you'll see that CPA's strength of schedule is rated as tougher than Milan's.

Sonny Moore's Power Ratings

Edited by sportsnutdad

Posted by DANR on Saturday - I have not seen Milan play this year, but looking at schedules it seems CPA is more battle tested. Milan really hasn't played very many tough teams. CPA has played PC twice, GP twice, and a whole lot of 4a teams, including Maplewood. Each team has one loss. Milan to eliminated 1a huntington, CPA to semi finalist 4a maplewood.

I believe if you follow this link to Sonny Moore's Power Ratings, you'll see that CPA's strength of schedule is rated as tougher than Milan's.

Sonny Moore's Power Ratings

I acknowledge the fact that CPA is rated 2 whole slots ahead of Milan in the Sonny Moore Power Rating but really? C'mon Man!!! I made my initial statement on page 1 or 2 based on DANR stating Milan hasn't played anybody. Really? Now we haven't played the hardest schedule in the state or even close to it but CPA's slate of teams isn't much different or harder. Go ahead and talk all you want but the proof will be in the pudding. CPA and Milan will give all they have Friday night. When it is over I think Milan will still be standing and CPA will still have a power rating better than Milan by 2 whole slots. :roflol::roflol::roflol:

Milan by 7-10 points at least.

When you get this far in the playoffs, does it really matter who you've played in week 2 or 3.

What matters the most IMO is how are you playing now, what key injuries you have, and what

you do in practice. If Milan continues to practice and play like they have over the last three

weeks, the Bulldogs and CAK will be playing for the Title.

When you get this far in the playoffs, does it really matter who you've played in week 2 or 3.

What matters the most IMO is how are you playing now, what key injuries you have, and what

you do in practice. If Milan continues to practice and play like they have over the last three

weeks, the Bulldogs and CAK will be playing for the Title.

We decided not to practice or play over the last three weeks, so I have no idea how we got this far :roflol:

So who are Milan's top players? Are they mostly a running team? Looks like they have some good fullbacks (29 & 34?)after watching the Fairview TV highlights from last week.

Arkel Coleman (#29) is the MVP of this team. Had around 130 tackles or so as a So. last year. I'm sure he has over a 100 this year and is in the neighborhood of 20 TDs. TB is kind of by committee. I think Jr. Kevius Finch (#3) and So. Trey Belew (#22) get most of the carries. Both are extremely quick/fast. I'd put Finch up against any return man in the state. I'd be surprised if CPA kicks to him. Jr. Caleb Powell hasn't had near the year most of us expected him to, but we saw him throw for almost 300 yards and 4 TDs in the semis last year against GP. I would say Milan's LB's are as good as any group in the state at any level. The RB's are up there too. The O-line is mediocre and secondary is the achilles heel. I would also put Milan's special team against anyone in the states. Kicker/punter are both top notch, and I already spoke of Finch's returning capabilities, and Milan does block some kicks/punts.

I watched some of the CPA/GP game last night, maybe a little practice wouldn't be a bad idea.

I think Milan will win by double digits.

I agree. How we ever beat a PC team twice that beat 4A semifinalist Maplewood is a fluke. CPA's whole season at 12-1 has been a fluke, especially considering we never practice. <_<

The interesting thing is I have been doing this CoachT thing long enough to remember these same Milan posts prior to the Goodpasture game they lost. :thumb:

I agree. How we ever beat a PC team twice that beat 4A semifinalist Maplewood is a fluke. CPA's whole season at 12-1 has been a fluke, especially considering we never practice. <_<

The interesting thing is I have been doing this CoachT thing long enough to remember these same Milan posts prior to the Goodpasture game they lost. :thumb:

swingjuice is a world class idiot CPA4Ever. That says it all right there. Sometimes he needs to swing some juice to his peanut sized brain because he gets on here weekly and shoots off at the mouth trying to stir up other posters and their teams.

Your memory does serve you correct. I am hoping that our playmakers won't be as lost in the moment as they were early last year. That 20 point hole we dug ourselves was a little too deep to climb out of in 48 minutes.

Obviously you guys are gonna be well coached. Do you think CPA gets a case of the nerves when the ball kicks Friday night? We have been to 4 straight Semifinals and I am hoping that helps the Dawgs.