St. George's vs USJ

thegood

Clearly, the St. George's team I saw get shut out against SBEC is NOT the same team that just steamrolled Ezell, got a solid win on the road at Donelson, and went nuts offensively and solidly beat a good Harding team. If the team I saw was playing the USJ I saw, the Gryphons would be getting tattooed today.

I will also say the USJ team has been consistently outstanding on offense ALL YEAR and they've been better than you'd think on defense and very opportunistic...reminds me a bit of the Saints (NOLA, not Briarcrest) in that regard. I think they even took it up a notch against Webb and that's saying something b/c they've dynamically, ruthlessly, cold-blooded efficient on offense all year.

The game, by all rights, should be closer than 31-7 based on where the teams are right now. I don't know what's going to happen. I'd say a USJ squad that can put up a clean sheet with no turnovers will be incredibly hard to beat and I'd give them a decent advantage...but I didn't see the Webb/USJ game result coming at all (particularly not the margin) so what the heck do I know!?! I wish I could be there.

Good health, good competition, safe travel to all, and play to glorify your Lord boys.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic