Rankin going to Catholic?

falconvol

OOhhh what a surprise that everyone is in for next year! :thumb::ph34r:

My comments regarding Wall were an evaluation of what I saw early in the season in 2011. After getting some experience, refining his game, and possibly growing a few inches in the offseason, I'm sure Wall will be ready to lead Alcoa in the 2012 season. He's an underrated runner too. He's not an Oggs, but he is athletic and capable of keeping drives going with his feet.

As long as Rankin is coaching, I don't think Alcoa will throw the ball much. He seems to lean on playing good defense and not making mistakes on offense... turnovers are more likely when you pass. I went to the Fulton-Alcoa game in 2006, and I don't remember Alcoa passing a lot with Cobb either. Did Cobb throw the ball much at Alcoa?

My comments regarding Wall were an evaluation of what I saw early in the season in 2011. After getting some experience, refining his game, and possibly growing a few inches in the offseason, I'm sure Wall will be ready to lead Alcoa in the 2012 season. He's an underrated runner too. He's not an Oggs, but he is athletic and capable of keeping drives going with his feet.

As long as Rankin is coaching, I don't think Alcoa will throw the ball much. He seems to lean on playing good defense and not making mistakes on offense... turnovers are more likely when you pass. I went to the Fulton-Alcoa game in 2006, and I don't remember Alcoa passing a lot with Cobb either. Did Cobb throw the ball much at Alcoa?

Randall threw the ball more than any of our last few QB's but Wall is more of a Tebow clone, very coachable and catches on very quick.

Well well well, I should have seen this one coming a mile away. Rankin loses some and his ego is needing some serious strokin once again by pulling the ole "Rankin was seen interviewing routine." Guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Actually he must be needing to score a nice lil Christmas bonus that he does not share with his assistants. We folk in Rutherford County saw this played out time and time again. They even had the nerve to call ME once and ask for $500.00 to keep him at Riverdale! The joke is that my roots are with OAKLAND and there is probably no one in the state that gets my goat worse than rankin. After he lost to OR in the semis that last yr, no one was willing to "give" to the fund.

When the recriting rug was getting ready to be pulled out from under him, he bailed. He said he wanted to go to a school that would be a challenge for him. Yet, he chooses a team like Alcoa? Yeah right. Let's see him win at Red Boiling Springs and I will salute the guy. I could go on and on but I feel my blood pressure starting to rise......

Let's face it, just about anyone would love to coach at Alcoa and they could win in an open zone environment just like he did.

Well well well, I should have seen this one coming a mile away. Rankin loses some and his ego is needing some serious strokin once again by pulling the ole "Rankin was seen interviewing routine." Guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Actually he must be needing to score a nice lil Christmas bonus that he does not share with his assistants. We folk in Rutherford County saw this played out time and time again. They even had the nerve to call ME once and ask for $500.00 to keep him at Riverdale! The joke is that my roots are with OAKLAND and there is probably no one in the state that gets my goat worse than rankin. After he lost to OR in the semis that last yr, no one was willing to "give" to the fund.

When the recriting rug was getting ready to be pulled out from under him, he bailed. He said he wanted to go to a school that would be a challenge for him. Yet, he chooses a team like Alcoa? Yeah right. Let's see him win at Red Boiling Springs and I will salute the guy. I could go on and on but I feel my blood pressure starting to rise......

Let's face it, just about anyone would love to coach at Alcoa and they could win in an open zone environment just like he did.

Just for argument sake, its something Ive always thought of. If Alcoa is such a great job (which I believe it is) why is it in the past 15 years only one coach (Meadows) has not left for another high school? Sometimes it feels more like Alcoa is just a stepping stone then an elite coaching position. <_<

Just for argument sake, its something Ive always thought of. If Alcoa is such a great job (which I believe it is) why is it in the past 15 years only one coach (Meadows) has not left for another high school? Sometimes it feels more like Alcoa is just a stepping stone then an elite coaching position. <_<

In this case at least it is about TWO things. Ego and MONEY. Simple fact ONE school cannot pay as much as a school (private/another state) AND a state pension at the same time.

Like a Mafia Boss once told me, "If you want to know why someone is doing anything, FOLLOW the MONEY.". <_<

-Coach Ironside: Saw the writing on the wall and knew it was time to move on or get fired.

-Coach Meadows: Won a State Championship in 2000, going 15-0. After the 2001 season Left in the summer for a UT Grad. Asst. coaching job. After a couple of months, He wanted to come back. Alcoa school system turned him down after issues of lack of discipline with some the players. These issues cost Alcoa a State Championship in 2001.

-Coach Dalton: Came out of retirement to coach the football team one year to allow the School System time to find a permanent Coach. Team went 3-7.

-Coach Reid: Started the rebuilding and laid the foundation for the success Alcoa has now. first year team went 10-4. Second year: 14-1, State Champions, Third year: 14-1, State Champions. Coach Reid went to the School system wanting some Vol. coaches brought on as full time coaches. Plus, he ask for some facility improvements, mainly team locker room. After both where denied, he went looking at Coaching positions in GA. Coach Reid has done some great things at East Paulding High School in GA.

-Coach Rankin: Continued the winning ways, bringing in even more discipline. He made a great decision in keeping most of Coach Reid's Coaches. Also bringing in Coach Riley was a great addition. Coach Rankin was allowed to bring on the same Coaches full time that Coach Reid was denied. This has allowed Alcoa to keep one of the best DC in Coach Nix that was teaching at Maryville.

No one in the Alcoa Community would blame Coach Rankin if he left Alcoa for a private school. He could retire from the TN school system, draw his retirement and continue coaching Football at a Private school. It would be a perfect situation for him.

IMO, the situation at Alcoa is different concerning Coach Rankin's possibility of leaving. I don't see the School System throwing big money at Coach Rankin to stay. The Alcoa Community, the School System and the current Coaching Staff know that the winning will continue with or without Coach Rankin. Alcoa won a bunch of Championships before Coach Rankin and will continue if Coach Rankin wants to move on. Fact!

I won't dispute the fact that Alcoa would still win "BIG" if/when Rankin leaves. I will say that the Alcoa football program has only gotten stronger since Rankin's arrival in 2006.

I wish there would just be a decision made already because the "rumor mill" is starting to bore many people at this point....

As been previously stated, Alcoa won before Gary, has one with Gary, and will win after Gary. He has been a good leader of the program and I personnally like the man. The rumor mill spins every year. If Gary leaves then best wishes but until I see it he's our coach.

Im not affiliated with your school but I will have to disagree with whoever thinks that you could win with any coach. It don't matter what you have done in the past if you have a good coach you better find a way to keep him happy.your school has won a whole lot of games over the years and you have been blessed with good coaches to, probably more than any school in the state.you just never know what kind of coach you will end up with if Rankin does leave.it take a good coach head coach to win like you all have over the years and If I were a supporter for your school I would do everything I could to keep that guy around because not every coach can do what he has done on a public school salary.good luck to you guys.

Im not affiliated with your school but I will have to disagree with whoever thinks that you could win with any coach. It don't matter what you have done in the past if you have a good coach you better find a way to keep him happy.your school has won a whole lot of games over the years and you have been blessed with good coaches to, probably more than any school in the state.you just never know what kind of coach you will end up with if Rankin does leave.it take a good coach head coach to win like you all have over the years and If I were a supporter for your school I would do everything I could to keep that guy around because not every coach can do what he has done on a public school salary.good luck to you guys.

Spoken like a really good agent, or wife! :roflol:

OK Boosters, its time to 'find' this years Christmas Present.

The more things change, the more some things remain the SAME! <_<

You can disagree, but you are wrong, IMO. Does it help to have an outstanding coach?...sure it does, and I do think there are some awful coaches out there that could probably mess things up. With that being said, Alcoa is not going to hire one of those awful coaches, they would probably go with their DC, and Alcoa would continue to win. Even if they decide not to go with their DC, they would have to hire a pretty awful coach to mess those athletes up, and they are not going to do that. Now, if they were playing 5A or 6A ball, then they would have to rely a lot more on the coaching.