Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

I don't have a dog in the hunt for either one of these teams so this is truly an unbiased opinion on the game. Terriffic game by both teams and alot of class by both involved so congratulations to each team. There was quite a few points left out on the field by both teams due to turnovers and costly penalties especially in the red zone. But I also feel there was points left on the field by the referees... the Powell quarterback definitely scored a touchdown on that run and it was obvious while I watched it live and on the replay and the ref was standing right there with a perfect view of the play. Regardless of that call if you can't score from the 1 yard line (even if you shouldn't have had to due to the call) due to penalties will haunt these seniors and coaching staff for a long time. I'm not trying to be critical of the team but I really felt Powell got robbed in that situation after a great individual effort. Great game to watch and once again congratulations to all the kids involved.

Is it still so obvious?

What is your comment now that you've seen the above image, OSU? Not trying to harass you, just want to know if you have a different opinion.

I trust that you aren't trying to harass, but 7 out of the last 9 posts all regarding the same clip might suggest otherwise. Like I said, it was a very tough call for the official, especially during live action. I was in the press box during the game, and we didn't have a monitor in our booth. He looked short during live action. My twitter feed was blowing up this morning, with a number of local fans asking about that call. After rewatching the game on ESPN3 this morning, I slowed down the frames, and it was a very close call - hence, "tough call by the official." In the very next frame, McPhetridge has the ball in the end zone, 2 feet across the goal line, with both knees touching the turf.

Based on your screenshot, he made the right call. No argument from me. Kudos to the officiating crew last night, because I thought they did a standup job.

HC won the title, and rightly so. I think the Powell/Knoxville faithful have been very gracious in defeat. I didn't realize that I was going to get ganged up on for bringing that call up. The News-Sentinel definitely appreciates your interest though. I guess having the gold ball in your possession isn't enough for some. I was not suggesting that Powell lost because of that call or any other call.

I trust that you aren't trying to harass, but 7 out of the last 9 posts all regarding the same clip might suggest otherwise. Like I said, it was a very tough call for the official, especially during live action. I was in the press box during the game, and we didn't have a monitor in our booth. He looked short during live action. My twitter feed was blowing up this morning, with a number of local fans asking about that call. After rewatching the game on ESPN3 this morning, I slowed down the frames, and it was a very close call - hence, "tough call by the official." In the very next frame, McPhetridge has the ball in the end zone, 2 feet across the goal line, with both knees touching the turf.

Based on your screenshot, he made the right call. No argument from me. Kudos to the officiating crew last night, because I thought they did a standup job.

HC won the title, and rightly so. I think the Powell/Knoxville faithful have been very gracious in defeat. I didn't realize that I was going to get ganged up on for bringing that call up. The News-Sentinel definitely appreciates your interest though. I guess having the gold ball in your possession isn't enough for some. I was not suggesting that Powell lost because of that call or any other call.

Very well stated. I just don't want to spend the next 10 years hearing that Henry County has a gold ball they won from a bad call. Sorry, but it's a big deal to me and to us.

7 out of the last 9 posts were posted due to this ONE Fact.

Your posts have been very fair. I apologize if you think I went over the top on this. Having the gold ball is enough for some, but not if there's some question whether we really earned it. The call was correct. You know as well as I that whatever comments, right or wrong, were made in newspapers and other media today will never be recanted. It is my intent that these posts will provide adequate documentation that there no questionable calls costing Powell this game.

There was no confidence lacking in the posts I challenged. Do you now question their exuberance, or is it only mine?

Very well stated. I just don't want to spend the next 10 years hearing that Henry County has a gold ball they won from a bad call. Sorry, but it's a big deal to me and to us.

7 out of the last 9 posts were posted due to this ONE Fact.

Your posts have been very fair. I apologize if you think I went over the top on this. Having the gold ball is enough for some, but not if there's some question whether we really earned it. The call was correct. You know as well as I that whatever comments, right or wrong, were made in newspapers and other media today will never be recanted. It is my intent that these posts will provide adequate documentation that there no questionable calls costing Powell this game.

There was no confidence lacking in the posts I challenged. Do you now question their exuberance, or is it only mine?

Just a suggestion, but sometimes it's just not worth fighting those who are unwilling to budge. You proved your point, and those of us with a good pair of eyes can see what you guys were getting at. A thread like this could go on for 100+ pages, just to try and prove your point to every single non-believer.

You guys are state champs, and ultimately, that's all that matters. Even if video evidence had shown that McPhetridge was "jobbed," it doesn't mean that Powell was jobbed in the end. Powell still had an opportunity to score on that drive, and they didn't cash in. Plus, there was a whole quarter and a half left to play. A LOT can happen when circumstances change, for both teams.

Bottom line, HC won the title, they earned it, and they deserve it.

A couple of you guys said you were TTU alums, and I must admit that I was impressed with their campus and facilities (what little I saw). What I was wondering is what is the capacity for their stadium? It really says something when Henry County, 3 1/2 hours away from Cookeville (or more depending on who's driving :roflol:) fills up 75% of their sidelines and was as loud and active as any game I've ever seen from them.

It's between 16,500-17,000...so 8,500ish a side.

Tech's also an amazing academic school as well. You'll receive an amazing education for a very reasonable price.

It was something special that my high school alma mater won at my undergraduate alma mater. It'd be nice to do that a few more times.

It's between 16,500-17,000...so 8,500ish a side.

Tech's also an amazing academic school as well. You'll receive an amazing education for a very reasonable price.

It was something special that my high school alma mater won at my undergraduate alma mater. It'd be nice to do that a few more times.

If that's the case then Henry County brought approximately 6000 fans. That's just an incredibly insane number for a school that far away.

If that's the case then Henry County brought approximately 6000 fans. That's just an incredibly insane number for a school that far away.

I had heard right before the game that we sold over 4,000 tickets. A lot of people from Milan stayed to support us as well as some from Dresden who came early.