Milan VS CAK

Slim88

I was looking at these depth charts. This could very well be the matchup for two years. Both teams only list 1 senior starter.

CAK has one starter on offense (not counting the S who goes in as the 4th receiver in the 4-receiver spread), but has some seniors on defense--a few DL, one LB and S are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Living in Middle Tennessee I am familiar with the tradition of Milan. Milan and Humboldt are in West Tennessee what Alcoa and Maryville are in East Tennessee. Really good tradition and excellent fundamental football. That being said I have never seen such a prolific passing game in Tennessee high school football like that of CAK. CAK has statistically the #3 passer and #5 receiver in the nation. All i know is it is going to be a great game.

Living in Middle Tennessee I am familiar with the tradition of Milan. Milan and Humboldt are in West Tennessee what Alcoa and Maryville are in East Tennessee. Really good tradition and excellent fundamental football. That being said I have never seen such a prolific passing game in Tennessee high school football like that of CAK. CAK has statistically the #3 passer and #5 receiver in the nation. All i know is it is going to be a great game.

That receiver missed 2 full games and 3 qtrs. of another one, all due to injury and along with the QB didn't play a snap in the 2nd half in 2 or 3 other games due to big scores. That makes his numbers even more staggering. :D

That receiver missed 2 full games and 3 qtrs. of another one, all due to injury and along with the QB didn't play a snap in the 2nd half in 2 or 3 other games due to big scores. That makes his numbers even more staggering. :D

Glad you mentioned that. I was at that Lavergne game and thought that was a possible turning point.

Edited by checkerboard

Milan's vanilla defense will be picked a part, only chance for them is to get out of zone every now and then. CAK by atleast 2 scores

Mixing up coverages is typically a good strategy against a good QB and passing attack and I would expect Milan to do that. However; CAK has seen practically everything thrown at them to stop the pass from some very good teams and coaches and so far the Warriors have had an answer. We've seen rushing 3 & dropping 8, rushing 2 & dropping 9, cover zero and bring the house, corner blitzes, bracket coverage, zone/man combo, press, etc... Honestly I believe it comes down to this... your D line must whip our O line and get to the QB quickly or maybe our guys just have a bad day. Our Mr.Football winning QB has had a game or two that his passes seemed to sail on him and he over threw and gave up some INT's. Errant passes, tipped balls, penalties or drops have been the things that have slowed the passing attack the most other than weather and bad field conditions. The most lethal defense we have seen in the past few years against our passing game came from Alcoa when they had the DB's that could man up and cover the entire field combined with monster pass rushing DE's like D.Warren and I forget the other guy.

Hey, I would be worried about this passing game as well if I were you, BUT, we are not Tom Brady and the NE Patriots. We are good, but so is Milan's defense. It will be a classic battle. Conventional wisdom says that great defense beats great offense. This game will put that to the test. For CAK's sake I hope that wisdom doesn't apply in this game. CAK can play defense as well, we just are known more for our offense.

Edited by FootballDad

Glad you mentioned that. I was at that Lavergne game and think that was a possible turning point.

LaVergne was a pivotal point for this team. We LOST. That hurt several of our players to the core because they expected to win even though LaVergne is a 6A team. Our guys had to decide whether or not they were going to dig deeper and find a way to compete with Alcoa the next week or use the bumps and bruises from the LaVergne game as an excuse. I was proud of what they decided. So far that mentality has carried over through the playoffs. :thumb:

I was looking at these depth charts. This could very well be the matchup for two years. Both teams only list 1 senior starter.

Lets not get carried away here...The Farmers Almanac has predicted very windy weather for next season! Alcoa will be back as the very powerful F-5 we are used to seeing. Next years Tornadoes will be a lot better than this years version, with a high scoring offense!

Anyway, congrads to state championship participating teams! Since I am familiar with both programs, I will try and give a prediction here:

CAK - 49

Milan - 14

Milan's vanilla defense will be picked a part, only chance for them is to get out of zone every now and then. CAK by atleast 2 scores

Vanilla? You must not have seen Milan's defense play this year. -9 total yards in the second half against CPA. And don't tell me it was because their quarterback was out. I hate that he got hurt, but who do you think put him out of the game, MILAN'S DEFENSE. I suppose your team will play better defense this Friday night, right? Oh, I forgot your team is not playing.