Milan VS CAK

Slim88

Lets not get carried away here...The Farmers Almanac has predicted very windy weather for next season! Alcoa will be back as the very powerful F-5 we are used to seeing. Next years Tornadoes will be a lot better than this years version, with a high scoring offense!

Anyway, congrads to state championship participating teams! Since I am familiar with both programs, I will try and give a prediction here:

CAK - 49

Milan - 14

Wow, thanks for the love, but I seriously doubt we will score 49 points in a state championship game against a defense as acclaimed as Milan's, but I will take it, ha. I will say this, IF, either team holds the other to just 14 pts. then they will be the state champions. We have never played West beyond Nashville due to stormy weather (F-5's) but I'm interested to see if there is a defense out there that is any tougher than what we typically face twice each year from Alcoa. Now Polk & AE can play some D as well, but it sounds like Milan will be a challenge. I will personally take you to dinner, gladly, if your score holds up :hungry:

Edited by FootballDad

If CAK watches that fairview film they will see Coleman with that one handed pick. He controls the middle of the field, seams and drags. The kids an animal. Milan has 7 INT's this postseason. 2 returned for TD's. 5 by LB's on slot recievers/TE's. 2 by FS.

That is a very impressive stat, and a great point. When you throw the ball as much as CAK, the potential for game changing interceptions is very real. IMO, this is the key for CAK: Be patient and don't force the ball.

Here is why I say that. Without any smack talk, every skill player on the field for CAK offense is a legitimate threat. 3-4 receivers, RB, QB, FB. It is very hard to defend every thing on every play. If CAK makes the right decisions, there will be SOMETHING open on most plays. High must be willing to run when that is what the defense gives him, and he is very capable. Coach Bradley must be willing to hand it to FB #22 or RB #32 when that is what they are giving him. CAK is entirely capable of a slow, methodical march down the field, and IMHO, they need to be patient and not try to get it all at once if that is what the defense is dictating.

On the opening drive last week, CAK marched down the field systematically but had an interception near the goal line. Fortunately, one turnover was all the Warriors gave up. Any more, and Warrior fans would quite possibly have different plans for this Friday night.

That is a very impressive stat, and a great point. When you throw the ball as much as CAK, the potential for game changing interceptions is very real. IMO, this is the key for CAK: Be patient and don't force the ball.

Here is why I say that. Without any smack talk, every skill player on the field for CAK offense is a legitimate threat. 3-4 receivers, RB, QB, FB. It is very hard to defend every thing on every play. If CAK makes the right decisions, there will be SOMETHING open on most plays. High must be willing to run when that is what the defense gives him, and he is very capable. Coach Bradley must be willing to hand it to FB #22 or RB #32 when that is what they are giving him. CAK is entirely capable of a slow, methodical march down the field, and IMHO, they need to be patient and not try to get it all at once if that is what the defense is dictating.

On the opening drive last week, CAK marched down the field systematically but had an interception near the goal line. Fortunately, one turnover was all the Warriors gave up. Any more, and Warrior fans would quite possibly have different plans for this Friday night.

Milan for sure hasn't seen a passing game like CAK's this year, CAK on the other hand has played

against some pretty good defenses. If Milan can keep the score around 14-17 at half and 28-31

at the end, then we have a chance to win. I don't think we can win in a shoot-out, with scores

in the 35-42 range. The lower the score the higher the odds of a Milan victory.

Wow, thanks for the love, but I seriously doubt we will score 49 points in a state championship game against a defense as acclaimed as Milan's, but I will take it, ha. I will say this, IF, either team holds the other to just 14 pts. then they will be the state champions. We have never played West beyond Nashville due to stormy weather (F-5's) but I'm interested to see if there is a defense out there that is any tougher than what we typically face twice each year from Alcoa. Now Polk & AE can play some D as well, but it sounds like Milan will be a challenge. I will personally take you to dinner, gladly, if your score holds up :hungry:

WOW is right FootballDad. Obviously Deion thinks CAK is better this year than Alcoa has ever been as they couldn't scored 49 points against Milan! Great compliment for you'uns. Looking forward to a classic ball game..!!!

WOW is right FootballDad. Obviously Deion thinks CAK is better this year than Alcoa has ever been as they couldn't scored 49 points against Milan! Great compliment for you'uns. Looking forward to a classic ball game..!!!

If you all can't get pressure with your front four (middle pressure) then it could very well be 49. With that being said, if you all play keep away and create a couple of turnovers and we cant contain 29 and 3 you all could have huge night and score 49. Good luck and hope everyone travels safe. Go Warriors.

Vanilla? You must not have seen Milan's defense play this year. -9 total yards in the second half against CPA. And don't tell me it was because their quarterback was out. I hate that he got hurt, but who do you think put him out of the game, MILAN'S DEFENSE. I suppose your team will play better defense this Friday night, right? Oh, I forgot your team is not playing.

Big P....you rock.....

milan bulldogs, from your neighboring henry countians, we have faith in you and will be routing you on to bring the gold ball back to west tn. expect many henry countians to be there in the stands with yall pulling for the bulldogs. good luck!! see yall friday night!!

classy post Pat....win or lose, alot Milan fans will stick around to cheer on the Patriots...

Can't wait to the game starts Friday. I have wanted to see these two teams square off for years. A bold statement is don't let Milan fool you they will play good defense but the playbook is about to get opened up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tend to agree with you on above ,with Milan becoming better each game thro-out the season..Morris may very well open it up ..

GO BULLDOGS !!!