Milan VS CAK

Slim88

First off...congrats to CAK for your first state title game and victory! If my Dawgs have to tote the silver back to the west, I'm more than proud that your team gets to make their first trip back up the mountain with the Gold! I pulled for y'all many times against Alcoa because of families ties at CAK. So congratulations Warriors.

With that being said...this is NOT the team I have watched the past few weeks...but it's the team that showed up today. Unfortunately, I think the loss today was a complete and utter coaching failure! I'm beside myself as to why we wait until the fricken state championship game to try to be a passing offense! Blows my mind...

I know the haterz are gonna hate...but the way I look at it...y'all didn't even get a door prize for your efforts! So I'll gladly tote my silver ball back to the west...and proudly decorate my purple and white tree with silver balls!

As far as private vs open zone vs public...doesn't really matter because Milan is gonna play whoever, whenever and give it their all! Tradition NEVER Graduates...and something Alcoa...CAK...not even Maryville can say is that they have the tradition of Milan! 29 consecutive years of being in the Tennessee state playoffs....after next year we'll make that 30! So until next year...BullDawgGirl03 out! GO DAWGS!!!

29 consecutive year in playoffs is great. I do not know the answer but when was the last time Alcoa or Maryville missed the playoffs? CAK has only played football for 12 or so years so no they do not have a Tradition, but they do have a gold ball this century. AS far as Alcoa and Maryville they have a great history/Tradition in football in the my life time(44 years) and more gold balls then I can count.

29 consecutive year in playoffs is great. I do not know the answer but when was the last time Alcoa or Maryville missed the playoffs? CAK has only played football for 12 or so years so no they do not have a Tradition, but they do have a gold ball this century. AS far as Alcoa and Maryville they have a great history/Tradition in football in the my life time(44 years) and more gold balls then I can count.

2002 for Alcoa, 1996 for Maryville

Like I said above 26 State Titles > 29 Consecutive Playoff Appearances.

I could say, "I told you so," to all of you, who just about popped a vein, when I said that this years Milan team was not as good as the past years; but I wont. I could say that "I told you so" to all of those people, who just about fell over backwards, when I said that 3A was down this year; but I wont.

Instead, I'll just say congrats to a very good CAK team. Your QB and WR#16 are really, really good. Your defense seemed to suffer after big, #81 went down at the end of the first quarter with an ankle injury. But, your boys fought hard and won the gold.

Congrats Milan on a good season.

First off...congrats to CAK for your first state title game and victory! If my Dawgs have to tote the silver back to the west, I'm more than proud that your team gets to make their first trip back up the mountain with the Gold! I pulled for y'all many times against Alcoa because of families ties at CAK. So congratulations Warriors.

With that being said...this is NOT the team I have watched the past few weeks...but it's the team that showed up today. Unfortunately, I think the loss today was a complete and utter coaching failure! I'm beside myself as to why we wait until the fricken state championship game to try to be a passing offense! Blows my mind...

I know the haterz are gonna hate...but the way I look at it...y'all didn't even get a door prize for your efforts! So I'll gladly tote my silver ball back to the west...and proudly decorate my purple and white tree with silver balls!

As far as private vs open zone vs public...doesn't really matter because Milan is gonna play whoever, whenever and give it their all! Tradition NEVER Graduates...and something Alcoa...CAK...not even Maryville can say is that they have the tradition of Milan! 29 consecutive years of being in the Tennessee state playoffs....after next year we'll make that 30! So until next year...BullDawgGirl03 out! GO DAWGS!!!

You have seriously got to be kidding me... Bear Bryant couldn't have coached that Milan team to a win today. I love how Milan fans blame Morris for every loss. Just admit your team was dominated top to bottom by better talent. Period, end of story.

cak is an awesome team with an awesome qb. ya'll will definitely be the big dog on the block in 3a for the next couple of years unless ya'll go to d-II WHICH IS EXACTLY WHERE YOU SHOULD BE.no way milan will ever compete with the privates and open zones unless we open our zones up. hard to pull gold ball talent from a town of

less than 7800 people. pretty easy to do it when you live in or next to a city of 200,000 plus. i know i'm gonna catch grief for this but i don't care because it's the truth and the privateers and OZ'S know it's the truth and i'm THEDAWG so put that in your peace pipe and smoke it. i'll try not post any more unless some idiot really tics me off.

congrats milan on a great season that a lot of people didn't expect. you've got 4 silver balls but you've also got 4 gold balls. not bad for a little ole team from a little ole town in the great state of tennessee. :thumb:

Just be proud of of your team and quit your belly aching. This is the way it's gonna be from now on. Teams like CAK, Grace and Catholic will always play D1......ENUF SAID.

Congrats to CAK on the big win tonight. Great job! :thumb:

You have seriously got to be kidding me... Bear Bryant couldn't have coached that Milan team to a win today. I love how Milan fans blame Morris for every loss. Just admit your team was dominated top to bottom by better talent. Period, end of story.

You know, I was gonna be done with my original post for the season, but I couldn't pass this one up. First let me say, I have grown up with Milan football, not as a sport, but as a way of life! I've known Tucker, Bland, and Morris Milan Football! I lived it for five years while I was out there busting my butt every Friday night, under appreciated by the fans, but still there kick off to buzzer, in the band. I KNOW Milan football....and I would be willing to bet my next paycheck that in some media about today's game, Jeff Morris himself will step up and admit that this game was lost because of a COACHING FAILURE!!! Did I ever say CAK didn't deserve the win??? Nope....did I ever say Milan wasn't dominated by better talent??? Nope...but you didn't see Milan's TRUE talent shine through tonight! #29 was limited on carrying the ball...especially in the first half. Why?...play calling by the coaches....coaching failure. #3 only had one big breakout run...why?...play calling...coaching failure...eh oh and he got hurt but play calling was a big part too. Please go back and read ALL the posts from during the game...Fairview and CPA fans made mention many times that this team was NOT the team that beat them in weeks prior!! So YOU have seriously got to be kidding ME if you think coaching failures didn't have anything to do with the loss today!

I love how all these Milan haters come out of the woodworks when we lose to a team that NO ONE else in 3A could touch either!

Edited by BullDawgGirl03

Congratulations CAK. :thumb:

I have to admit I was pulling for Milan due to close ties with a friend from there, but y'all played a really good complete game. I was not expecting that level after having watched the LaVergne game. You can take real joy in that you not only proved me wrong, you have cost me money as I owe another friend a BIG DINNER! :roflol:

Enjoy your Victory as you now have a big target on your back from EVERY team you play.

Milan, you represented your town well. Now back to work as I have a feeling you two will see each other again in the future.

Congrats to CAK. There are things like size, talent and height. Milan was not even close in those 3 areas. as I have said all year, this is not one of Milan's better teams. The west was down this year, as a whole. A few things, game was 7-0, Milan lost the ball on the kickoff. 9-0. Game over. Milan would never be able to catch up from 2 scores down. Horrible coaching call to throw a pass 2nd down and goal. Milan played the typical game they have played all year. Untimely penalties, fumbles. Have not played anyone good enough to take advantage of it. As I have said all year, Milan's pass defense is horrible. It showed. Milan actually over acheived getting the silver and should be happy to get it. CPA would have given CAK a better game, as they had more secondary size and talent. Milan could have gotten S. Gibson, Westview, Huntingdon, Ripley, Gibson County and Humboldt and put a team together and would not have beaten CAK. Coach Tucker had the same issues in the 80's with Brentwood and MUS. With CPA on the rise, Milan may not ever see the opportunity for another silver ball, until the alphabet schools move on.

If you have to tell people you are great, You probably are not very good.

Milan is 0 for life against the F5 and now you can't beat a little private like CAK.

Maybe you should run out your OZ players and drop down in classification?

Bulldoggrl03 should be along soon...

people tell me i'm great, i tell me i'm great yada yada yada! seems to me the f-5 couldn't beat thaT little ole private either. guess ya'll will have to hit the recruiting trail a little harder. believe me if it was in my power to open milan's school zones i would do it. then i would run them down alcoa's 2012 recruiting class throat.

----NO SOUP FOR YOU ALCOASPUNKYBREWSTER---- :twisted:

Congrats to CAK. There are things like size, talent and height. Milan was not even close in those 3 areas. as I have said all year, this is not one of Milan's better teams. The west was down this year, as a whole. A few things, game was 7-0, Milan lost the ball on the kickoff. 9-0. Game over. Milan would never be able to catch up from 2 scores down. Horrible coaching call to throw a pass 2nd down and goal. Milan played the typical game they have played all year. Untimely penalties, fumbles. Have not played anyone good enough to take advantage of it. As I have said all year, Milan's pass defense is horrible. It showed. Milan actually over acheived getting the silver and should be happy to get it. CPA would have given CAK a better game, as they had more secondary size and talent. Milan could have gotten S. Gibson, Westview, Huntingdon, Ripley, Gibson County and Humboldt and put a team together and would not have beaten CAK. Coach Tucker had the same issues in the 80's with Brentwood and MUS. With CPA on the rise, Milan may not ever see the opportunity for another silver ball, until the alphabet schools move on.

agree with your last sentence.

seems to me the f-5 couldn't beat thaT little ole private either. guess ya'll will have to hit the recruiting trail a little harder.

You are right, we couldn't. CAK got tired of getting their tails kicked and set out to change that. Some cak supporters wanted to change the playing field, but the coaches and the kids set out to make the change and I for one, am glad they did. Makes us all better. The West is doomed for at least the next 15-20 years.