FCS VS Dresden

therealfan

Thanks for the support Duckman. I hope the boys go to Cookeville with the same mentality, heart & toughness that they have had in the last 4 playoff games. These boys haven't been picked to win a game yet & have won them all convincingly. It may bother us fans when people don't give our Lions a chance but it really just fires our boys up to play even harder & they could really care less what others are saying. GO LIONS!!! DLU!!!

Hey, the Lions earned my support in the first round of the playoffs. This will be the most fun week in Dresden Footbsll history. Even if the Silver Ball ends up in your trophy case it will still be awsome. But I believe the Gold one is within ya'lls reach. Get it done.

Come week 2 of next season we gonna rip ya'll a new one but for now, get 13A a gold ball!!!

Aright I got a few questions for the Dresden fans, do y'all have a primary playmaker on offense and if so I was wondering what number? I just wanna know who to watch for y'all on Saturday. And could anyone tell me heights and weights of your starters?

go to tssaa.org click on blue cross then each team has depth chart and rosters for all classes, as for a playmaker I have to leave ya guessing on that one lol!

Slim's team (Trousdale County) has won 9 Gold Balls, odds are if he played football he's played in this game.

Not according to Donovan Stewart and the TSSAA. :roflol:

State Game Appearances (All-Time)

1. Brentwood Academy- 24 Appearances (10-14 record)

2. Maryville- 18 Appearances (12-5 record)

3. Alcoa-13 Appearances (12-1 record)

4. Trousdale County-11 Appearances (8-3 record)

5. Goodpasture- 9 Appearances (3-6 record)

5. Riverdale- 9 Appearances (4-5 record)

5. South Pittsburg- 9 Appearances (5-4 record)

Donovan's Victory Formation

I am a proud FCS alumnus. I went there from kindergarten through the 12th grade, and it was an excellent environment and a wonderful experience. I got on this website to see what everyone was saying about our boys going to the state championship, and was disappointed to see that this is what the website is about. Grown men talking trash about kids. Be proud, both teams, of how far they have come, and know that each team has parents supporting them and believing in them. Not all kids who go to that school have wealthy families. Many of them are making sacrifices to send their children there. The whole “rich kid†insult is old, overused, and quite frankly, an excuse.

Let’s go Commanders!

Great Comment! I'm a Dresden graduate from the class of 1976. I'm also a Baptist pastor in Dresden. I'm extremely proud of the Lions for their accomplishments. I'm sure the players, coaches, and fans from Lebannon are equally proud of their team. I'll be there cheering for the Lions. I commend the Commanders for their great accomplishments in getting to the state 2A finals. I understand that they have only 550 students in K3-12th grade. I'm guessing that there are probably only 150 or so students in grades 9-12. That is absolutely a great accomplishment. I understand that TSSAA requires Christian and private schools to move up to higher divisions with smaller enrollments. My childen went to an even smaller Christian school in West Virginia in the 1980's. We paid taxes for public education, and then paid tuition, books, and travel for Christian education, and we lived on a very small salary. Most of the families in that school were in the same situation.

Great Comment! I'm a Dresden graduate from the class of 1976. I'm also a Baptist pastor in Dresden. I'm extremely proud of the Lions for their accomplishments. I'm sure the players, coaches, and fans from Lebannon are equally proud of their team. I'll be there cheering for the Lions. I commend the Commanders for their great accomplishments in getting to the state 2A finals. I understand that they have only 550 students in K3-12th grade. I'm guessing that there are probably only 150 or so students in grades 9-12. That is absolutely a great accomplishment. I understand that TSSAA requires Christian and private schools to move up to higher divisions with smaller enrollments. My childen went to an even smaller Christian school in West Virginia in the 1980's. We paid taxes for public education, and then paid tuition, books, and travel for Christian education, and we lived on a very small salary. Most of the families in that school were in the same situation.

What a great post, at least one family in Dresden understands