Maplewood Panthers versus Greeneville Greene Devils

midtnmale

Barb I have read your crap all year and people like you are the reasons County fans hate Greeneville! I have nothing against the boys at Greeneville I wish them well! We support our teams in the County!

They hate Greeneville because of pure jealousy! Can't beat Greeneville, can't be like Greeneville! They never whine and makes excuses about other sports, that's typical. Poor pitiful ol' county schools!

Boski,

I respect what you do! I was always a smack talker when playing, kind of hard not be if you're competitive! Never got too tore up over what was said back to me. Keep it coming! Panthers going down son!

Jealous ? Not hardly . I cant speak for anyone else but as for me and my house its pure maroon win lose or draw . I have the utmost respect for what the GreeneVille football program has accomplished the last few years and wish them the best Saturday . I support my county team 100 percent but why would anyone from a Greene co team get on here and talk about how were going to beat a team thats been ranked in the top of the state all year . Thats not very realistic . Not real sure how this has turned into another city against co thread but its probably better to worry about Maplewood at this time . . I wish GreeneVille the best of luck Saturday and would hope if the shoe was on the other foot you all would wish us the same .

Finally got the trolls out from under the bed...Here's a news flash WG, Greeneville fans don't care whether county fans hate us or not. This is a football board. Last I heard fans(short fo fanatics) are supposed to be fanatical about their teams. We aren't on here to make friends.How do you think it makes your boys feel when they read these posts(and they all do)and have to read things like "they will play hard" or " they won't quit". Don't you think just one time they would like to read one post that has one of their own fans pick them to beat the Devils? Are you that darn afraid of looking bad. I never heard one of you that was willing to talk up your team...just a bunch of little sissies.

hey barb I bet ya sg whoops them OL big bad devils in (boys) basketball and baseball this year . There darling I talked smack to GreeneVille

...The Wood is no Trezvant. They play some well coached teams...

Man I hope not. That game last year was one of the worst displays of unsportsmanlike conduct I've ever seen. Their coach had NO control over his players. They were trying to hit our kicker on kick-offs and PATs.

Maplewood played Greeneville close last year, but this really is a totally different beast than BJ and Carmichael.

As for who throws the ball first, I'm thinking it will be Maplewood. Greeneville will be pounding the rock in a wing T with Shuffler, or the Power T or I with Shuffler and Jamel Hall. If we pass it will be play action after we've established the run, and even then it will be shallow slants and screens.

Go Devils! I'm looking forward to this one. I hope all the athletes represent their town and families with class, and that everyone stays injury free.

3 reasons, gc...you had already taken a potshot at Charlie and secretly enjoy the insults being heaved at the Greeneville fans. Go back and read the countyschools/Greeneville threads. They were pathetic. None of the county posters were willing to really support their team. They were too scared of eating a little crow. They just kept going back to the "well we'll do our best" crap. I'll say this for Boski, even if his Panthers sucked he would still smack like they were defending state champs(which of course, they aren't). The Panthers, like our Devils, are fortunate to have fans that have their backs no matter what. GO GREENE! FIRE-SNOT BABY!

I took a shot at Charlie because of his classless post, using the word retard. I love how you can do the same thing to someone, but when I call someone out it is wrong.

As far as supporting my team, I always have! But to say WG was going to beat greeneville was ridiculous. I SUPPORT MY TEAM BUT I AM REALISTIC UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE ON HERE. I have said many times on here that it appears WG has played greeneville better than any BRAC team the past 2 seasons, and better than some of the playoff teams that Greeneville has played. So I guess what you want me to do is brag on my team and not give Greeneville any credit for what they are doing...ok, I will no longer say anything good about Greeneville...I know that will not affect you!

Finally got the trolls out from under the bed...Here's a news flash WG, Greeneville fans don't care whether county fans hate us or not. This is a football board. Last I heard fans(short fo fanatics) are supposed to be fanatical about their teams. We aren't on here to make friends.How do you think it makes your boys feel when they read these posts(and they all do)and have to read things like "they will play hard" or " they won't quit". Don't you think just one time they would like to read one post that has one of their own fans pick them to beat the Devils? Are you that darn afraid of looking bad. I never heard one of you that was willing to talk up your team...just a bunch of little sissies.

"We're not on here to make friends". So why did you take a shot at me for saying what I did to Charlie...I am not on here to make friends.

Oh yeah, WG beats Greeneville in 2012...GO BUFFS!

Edited by gcfball

They hate Greeneville because of pure jealousy! Can't beat Greeneville, can't be like Greeneville! They never whine and makes excuses about other sports, that's typical. Poor pitiful ol' county schools!

Boski,

I respect what you do! I was always a smack talker when playing, kind of hard not be if you're competitive! Never got too tore up over what was said back to me. Keep it coming! Panthers going down son!

I love how you know every county persons heart! Let me get something through to you...THERE IS NOT AN OUNCE OF JEALOUSY TOWARDS GREENEVILLE IN MY HEART! DID YOU GET THAT! I will always support WG, and unlike SOME greeneville posters, I don't make excuses for when we lose or a "lesser" team is competing with us. I do have one question for you however, do you honestly think that Greeneville football and County schools football is on the same playing field? Let me be more specific...does Greeneville have more advantages to build a successful FOOTBALL program than the County schools?

Now before anybody accuses me of making excuses, I call it being realistic and am just asking a question.

Edited by gcfball

Jealous ? Not hardly . I cant speak for anyone else but as for me and my house its pure maroon win lose or draw . I have the utmost respect for what the GreeneVille football program has accomplished the last few years and wish them the best Saturday . I support my county team 100 percent but why would anyone from a Greene co team get on here and talk about how were going to beat a team thats been ranked in the top of the state all year . Thats not very realistic . Not real sure how this has turned into another city against co thread but its probably better to worry about Maplewood at this time . . I wish GreeneVille the best of luck Saturday and would hope if the shoe was on the other foot you all would wish us the same .

I will tell you how it got turned to a greeneville/Greene County thing: because mighty barb and a couple other mighty greene devil posters turned it that way. I guess they don't like county folk to come on here and wish greeneville luck...when we do that it means we are "not being fanatics about our team".

As far as you being realistic, I am too. I have found out though, that apparently is wrong also.

Man I hope not. That game last year was one of the worst displays of unsportsmanlike conduct I've ever seen. Their coach had NO control over his players. They were trying to hit our kicker on kick-offs and PATs.

Maplewood played Greeneville close last year, but this really is a totally different beast than BJ and Carmichael.

As for who throws the ball first, I'm thinking it will be Maplewood. Greeneville will be pounding the rock in a wing T with Shuffler, or the Power T or I with Shuffler and Jamel Hall. If we pass it will be play action after we've established the run, and even then it will be shallow slants and screens.

Go Devils! I'm looking forward to this one. I hope all the athletes represent their town and families with class, and that everyone stays injury free.

Wing-T or Power T? What? Greeneville hasn't lined up in a Wing-T or Power-T in decades.

I took a shot at Charlie because of his classless post, using the word retard. I love how you can do the same thing to someone, but when I call someone out it is wrong.

As far as supporting my team, I always have! But to say WG was going to beat greeneville was ridiculous. I SUPPORT MY TEAM BUT I AM REALISTIC UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE ON HERE. I have said many times on here that it appears WG has played greeneville better than any BRAC team the past 2 seasons, and better than some of the playoff teams that Greeneville has played. So I guess what you want me to do is brag on my team and not give Greeneville any credit for what they are doing...ok, I will no longer say anything good about Greeneville...I know that will not affect you!

I'm really going to make you mad with this one, West Greene has fell on Greeneville's schedule perfectly the last two seasons. They played Greeneville after two HUGE HYPE games. Those games afterwards are typically upset specials. Ask Austin East how they got beat by Knox Carter? The fact is, you better be hype for them all or you are going to look bad.

Boski, will you be tailgating this Saturday?

I'm really going to make you mad with this one, West Greene has fell on Greeneville's schedule perfectly the last two seasons. They played Greeneville after two HUGE HYPE games. Those games afterwards are typically upset specials. Ask Austin East how they got beat by Knox Carter? The fact is, you better be hype for them all or you are going to look bad.

Boski, will you be tailgating this Saturday?

Wrong again heresay, wow that's a surprise! Your statement didn't make me mad at all. It actually confirms what I have said about how SOME greeneville posters make excuses...that was a good one, but sort of makes other posts from your fellow greeneville faithful wrong. They say that the coaching staff and players won't overlook anybody and that they always prepare them for whoever they are playing. But thanks for the advice though, WG just needs to let greeneville make their schedule out 1st every 2 years and then try to schedule them after a HUGE HYPE game. Then MAYBE they can CONTINUE to play greeneville closer than any of the other BRAC teams.

Edited by gcfball