DII Rankings - Pre-Season

ghouse

Last point I would like to make... 132 top to bottom may be the most intriguing weight class of all! When you have a state champion ranked 4th you know you have a tough weight class. I seem to think Akers will bounce back this year and regain his title I see Akers at No. 1, Westbrooks No. 2, then Johnson and Brunner evenly matched at 3. Should be fun to watch!!! Can't wait :popcorneater:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my knowledge, Cook did not place or even wrestle 189 last year. the 5th place at 189 was Bullard as you stated above. Maybe you ment 215?

Yes Cook's state medal came at 215 not 189. That was my mistake and I will correct it. Thanks for pointing it out. That is what I get for writing the last few commentaries that late at night.

Just got off the phone with my man in Vegas and he admits that the 126 match is a great anticipated battle... The early line is Watson -8.

Bcb iii :flower:

Should be a great match! 8 points seems like a pretty ridiculous line even for a Chattanooga homer! roflol: We'll see. Hopefully, sooner than later.

Should be a great match! 8 points seems like a pretty ridiculous line even for a Chattanooga homer! roflol: We'll see. Hopefully, sooner than later.

Homer? My buddy from Vegas is from Vermont, not Chattanooga...

He said to step up to the window, pull out your wallet, and place a wager. I think a great senior should be able to handle a good Soph. Now if they were in the same class, then the line would not be 8, probably 6.

Homer? My buddy from Vegas is from Vermont, not Chattanooga...

He said to step up to the window, pull out your wallet, and place a wager. I think a great senior should be able to handle a good Soph. Now if they were in the same class, then the line would not be 8, probably 6.

BCB...most the time I enjoy your posts, but suggest you quit dissing Robinson to support your prediction...

Watson is a great senior without question, arguably he has had or will have had the best high school career in our State's history. So he would be a tough match for any sophomore.

Robinson is a 3x Fargo placer--an accomplishment that as far as I know no one else in the state of TN has ever accomplished (and plenty of our great wrestlers were there enough times to make it happen, just could not). Also he is a sophomore with 3 more years to improve that record at the most prestigous high school tournament in the nation.

Robinson won TN State as a freshman by pin, has no high school losses in the state of TN, never given up back points in a high school match, wrestled up at the duals and beat the D2 state champion at that weight class (who was D1 state champion the year before), ranked in the top 50 sophomores in the country and placed at the USA preseason and post season nationals. At this point in his career, Robinson is arguably the most accomplished sophomore our state has ever had, but not great?

This one will be decided on the mat...but afterwards, they will still be a great senior and a great sophomore as far as I am concerned.

Edited by smwwrest

BCB...most the time I enjoy your posts, but suggest you quit dissing Robinson to support your prediction...

Watson is a great senior without question, arguably he has had or will have had the best high school career in our State's history. So he would be a tough match for any sophomore.

Robinson is a 3x Fargo placer--an accomplishment that as far as I know no one else in the state of TN has ever accomplished (and plenty of our great wrestlers were there enough times to make it happen, just could not). Also he is a sophomore with 3 more years to improve that record at the most prestigous high school tournament in the nation.

Robinson won TN State as a freshman by pin, has no high school losses in the state of TN, never given up back points in a high school match, wrestled up at the duals and beat the D2 state champion at that weight class (who was D1 state champion the year before), ranked in the top 50 sophomores in the country and placed at the USA preseason and post season nationals. At this point in his career, Robinson is arguably the most accomplished sophomore our state has ever had, but not great?

This one will be decided on the mat...but afterwards, they will still be a great senior and a great sophomore as far as I am concerned.

BCB is not even trying yet and he gets this response. This could be a good year.

Coach, my apologies for what you consider dissing, I will not mention Tate again.

My son wrestled with your 126 lber in Iowa and I am aware of how good he is and what a nice young man he also is.

My opinion on this match has not changed even from the impressive bio that you have given. You see I happen to think that Mr Watson is the

best rassler in this State .

Good luck this year to The Bros ! Is it ok to think that The Purple Team puts it on y'all by 15?