Announcers for the Blue Cross Bowl

1oldcoach

I apologize for my ignorance of the other teams mascots , this is really insignificant for me due to the fact that most of them are left in a pile at the end of the season. Your obviously quite upset about my knowledge or lack there of and seemingly very impressed with yourself and yours. Have at it man , I meant no offense to your team.I was not at the game , true, because I was watching the REBELS WIN THEIRS,so they could beat whichever team emerged from the one you were watching. :roflol: You know what they say about fools, if you argue with one (as I am currently) then those who are looking on do not know which is which. I can assure you mr prez that you have no knowledge of my football knowledge. My comments were made based on some of the comments made some HC posters and their yearning to engage the REBELS on gridiron. That is history , so I will leave you to your administration of whatever club you head up and let you soak by yourself in the pool of the all knowing.

Mr. Weaklink....thanks again for sharing with me and the rest of the Coacht faithful more of your brilliance! I again have searched each of my posts as it relates to you and have yet to find where I or anyone else questioned your football knowledge. For all I know...you may be John Madden! The only thing I have pointed out is the fact that you claim to know the "mental state" of a Henry County team from 4 years ago...a game which you were not even in attendance!

Secondly...I am not the Red Warrior..therefore I am not nor have ever claimed to be "all-knowing"...again I've searched previous posts both on this thread and others and have yet to read where I posted such. One thing I am is accurate. If your feelings are hurt or you are offended by those who speak facts in an precise and accurate manner...then you will just have to be offended.

Lastly..the one thing you might find different about many of the Patriot faithful is that we seldom refer to our opponents as a "pile"! Win or lose, (mostly win) we usually show gratitude and give credit where credit is warranted...much like we have posted about the Powell Panthers! The same could be said for other previous opponents such as Ridgeway, Maplewood, Hillsboro, Northeast, Melrose, and so on! If you at all knew to whom you were speaking, you would know that one practice I do not find myself participating in is "chest beating"! Yet..by the words you type and the hardware your school has accumulated....my guess is this is something you apparently enjoy! I would encourage you not to bruise yourself as you continue to bang your breastplate! Good luck next season to your Rebels and congrats on the number 10 ranking in the lastest Rivals Top 100! Hopefully prior to next season...you will gain a greater appreciation for other schools across the state, their abilities, their mascots, and their traditions like you cherish your own. In doing so, you might just find that the game you watch each and every Friday might even become more enjoyable to you!

Merry Christmas Link!!

In my opinion, the least you can do as an announcer for an event such as the State Championships...is be prepared! Even if you were a C+ announcer, you could at least have accurate information and have studied it to show the viewers that the job you are performing is to the best of your ability! Being unable to tell the difference in a player wearing a white jersey opposed to a black one is simply unacceptable! I do not know the name of the player wearing #31 for Powell, but he got credit several times for participating on offense for the Patriots in the 5A game!

Also, as a former radio broadcaster myself, it is imperative in a game such as this to be able to remain unbias. On more than one occasion, Andy Kelly refered to the Powell Panthers as "we"! ....I've said all I can say....

Back to the thread ... can someone post a link to where you could complain about the coverage ? Not only is Dyson a terrible announcer , he is apparently the biggest Cheerleader in the stands for whatever team is playing Maryville . Amazing that he is actually a High School coach and doesn't even know the rules ... even more amazing that nobody in the booth knew the rules . 2 years in a row we've had to listen to this biased Clown , please let Mike Keith do the next one !!!

Back to the thread ... can someone post a link to where you could complain about the coverage ? Not only is Dyson a terrible announcer , he is apparently the biggest Cheerleader in the stands for whatever team is playing Maryville . Amazing that he is actually a High School coach and doesn't even know the rules ... even more amazing that nobody in the booth knew the rules . 2 years in a row we've had to listen to this biased Clown , please let Mike Keith do the next one !!!

Pepvol...to my knowledge, there is a "suggestion link" on the TSSAA website asking for input. Not that this particular subject will be addressed (it's the same story every year and we're still subject to the same "poor" quality announcers)it at least is a sounding board for these types of concerns. Unfortunately, there is only 1 Mike Keith..and given that your game (the 6A game) is the last to be played on Saturday night, it is HIGHLY unlikely that Mike would be able to do your game and then be able to fulfil his obligations for his Sunday broadcast.

Understanding that college basketball is in full swing, it would be nice to even allow Bob Kesling and/or Joe Fisher to be able to call a couple of the games. Whatever your opinion of either is...at least they both are considered professional!

Mr. Weaklink....thanks again for sharing with me and the rest of the Coacht faithful more of your brilliance! I again have searched each of my posts as it relates to you and have yet to find where I or anyone else questioned your football knowledge. For all I know...you may be John Madden! The only thing I have pointed out is the fact that you claim to know the "mental state" of a Henry County team from 4 years ago...a game which you were not even in attendance!

Secondly...I am not the Red Warrior..therefore I am not nor have ever claimed to be "all-knowing"...again I've searched previous posts both on this thread and others and have yet to read where I posted such. One thing I am is accurate. If your feelings are hurt or you are offended by those who speak facts in an precise and accurate manner...then you will just have to be offended.

Lastly..the one thing you might find different about many of the Patriot faithful is that we seldom refer to our opponents as a "pile"! Win or lose, (mostly win) we usually show gratitude and give credit where credit is warranted...much like we have posted about the Powell Panthers! The same could be said for other previous opponents such as Ridgeway, Maplewood, Hillsboro, Northeast, Melrose, and so on! If you at all knew to whom you were speaking, you would know that one practice I do not find myself participating in is "chest beating"! Yet..by the words you type and the hardware your school has accumulated....my guess is this is something you apparently enjoy! I would encourage you not to bruise yourself as you continue to bang your breastplate! Good luck next season to your Rebels and congrats on the number 10 ranking in the lastest Rivals Top 100! Hopefully prior to next season...you will gain a greater appreciation for other schools across the state, their abilities, their mascots, and their traditions like you cherish your own. In doing so, you might just find that the game you watch each and every Friday might even become more enjoyable to you!

Merry Christmas Link!!

Trust me Sir when I say that I enjoy them just fine. No chest beating just stating the facts. You mention something about my limited football knowledge but that really does not concern me. Maryville appreciates everyone , my appreciations are just that , mine. I have been most complimentary in all my posts regarding HC and their staff. I was impressed by their play and discipline in the State game (the only game I have seen them in). You obviously are a stickler for policing everyone's comments on here so I will leave you to it. Good luck to whoever your team is next year. BTW my name is L. Kiffin. Another one of my brilliant posts , don't ya think.