Best arms in AA?

AlCoA

Zach Slagle at Grace and Tyler Troutt at Alcoa are the best I have seen out of the gates for AA in the Knoxville/Blount area. Slagle has a good sinker but will need better defensive support. A friend told me Troutt is one of the hardest throwing lefty's with movement he has seen so far in AA. Slagle going to Tusculum and Troutt to Chattanooga State. These two should have big years to come.

Edited by hsballfan

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach Slagle at Grace and Tyler Troutt at Alcoa are the best I have seen out of the gates for AA in the Knoxville/Blount area. Slagle has a good sinker but will need better defensive support. A friend told me Troutt is one of the hardest throwing lefty's with movement he has seen so far in AA. Slagle going to Tusculum and Troutt to Chattanooga State. These two should have big years to come.

Agree. Both very talented. Troutt is an all-round quality kid. Watching him on the field interact with his teammates, umpires, and the opposing team is a neat thing to see. Word on the street is that he very well liked and respected by his opponents. Not to mention the kid can really pitch. Chatt State is getting a winner.

Edited by basketballgirl17

Agree. Both very talented. Troutt is an all-round quality kid. Watching him on the field interact with his teammates, umpires, and the opposing team is a neat thing to see. Word on the street is that he very well liked and respected by his opponents. Not to mention the kid can really pitch. Chatt State is getting a winner.

Not sure how Troutt was overlooked by Division 1 schools. Do you know if he had any other offers? I would have thought Tennessee would have looked at another lefty to go with Owenby. Troutt seemed to be sitting around 85 with some nasty movement. Great change and curve. I also agree that he is a good kid. Very fun to watch.

Not sure how Troutt was overlooked by Division 1 schools. Do you know if he had any other offers? I would have thought Tennessee would have looked at another lefty to go with Owenby. Troutt seemed to be sitting around 85 with some nasty movement. Great change and curve. I also agree that he is a good kid. Very fun to watch.

Troutt was unable to pitch much last year due to some tendonitis. That may have hurt his exposure. However, I do know he went on some visits this summer. Kentucky and Mississippi State showed early interest but Tennessee never called for some reason. Could have been the coaching change. Lots of Division 2 and 3 interest and offers from Tusculum and Tenn Tech. I think Chatt State is a great fit both financially as well as a great program. Going the JUCO route will also allow him to get drafted after Freshman and Sophomore Year. I am sure he would listen to Tennessee if they came calling though.

I was also told Slagle and Troutt both shined during tryout at Tech but they were out of money. They truly missed out on a couple of strong lefty's. There loss I guess. Slagle is in Single A though, not AA.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Troutt is definately one to watch. The kid is special and he absolutely pours his heart into it. He has a great fastball with a ton of movement and a really nice backdoor curve. Another pitcher from Alcoa is Nathan Waters with a great variety of pitches but lacks the blazing fastball. He carries himself like a winner though. Also from Alcoa is Austin Morgan, who probably has one of the hardest fastball of any sophmore in AA, but was lost to tommy john surgery a few weeks back.

Heard he committed last week to Mississippi State

Still up in the air. He was hitting 91 and 92 consistently during a 1-hitter last Thursday vs CCS, struck out 15 (college coach doing the speed). He also hit in the .500 range for the season and was among the area leaders in RBIs (a junior).

East Hamilton has 2 very good arms: to go along with there 31-4-1 record.

Patrick Parris a big kid at 6'5 and 220, throws in mid to high 80's has hit 90 a few times. Strong looks from Appalachian State

and some JUCO'S, also UVA is taking a look.

Chris Moore off speed pitcher, signed with Carson Newman, Football.

Source: Chattanooga Times Free Press-

IP W L STARTS RUNS K BB ERA

Patrick Parris, Sr, East Hamilton

Chris Moore, Sr, East Hamilton

Devin Presley finishing the year strong for Harpeth, looks to be heading to Jackson State. Hit low 90's this year with a tough curveball. Very efficient pitcher for most of the year, gutted it out last night in first round of 11AA districts, beating Montgomery Central 13-7. Great kid who has really matured this year. Brandon Foriest will be on the bump tonight, another hard throwing right hander that will play at the next level. Has had a good year with some unfortunate defensive errors behind him, should have won several more games if we just make a play.