Updated Top 25 Juniors in the State......

gomab2

Nick, maybe Gomab needs to get out more?!!! If you see HALF as many players, or games in the next 5 years as Gomab does in one, then you can speak up. Just b/c Skogan was MVP of the state tourney does not mean he is an auotmatic top 10. Melvin Wilkes of White Station last year was MVP of the AAA Tourney and he isn't even prolly a top 40 from class of 2002. Also, Gomab conducts a showcase for players to showcase themselves for coaches and more exposure and you criticize that b/c maybe, JUST MAYBE, he saw some good players there and ranked them? Get a grip.

[Edited by TJ on 10-17-02 12:13A]

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gomab

I too have some similar questions as some of the others, but I do appreciate your efforts. This is what makes a board fun, I am sorry for some of the "attitudes" but that is more revealing about those who make the posts than it is what they are talking about.

You have a greater number of kids in your sights than most of us do and even when "my guy" isn't as high as I think he should be, I can assure you it only fires him up all the more!

How about Seth England, White County? The team had Sam Agee last year but England really came out the last half of the year and picked up in the Tournament, almost pulling off an upset. I think we will see a lot out of him this year. The team struggled last year but I saw him play in some summer practices and he stood out.

I think you put a lot of time and thought into your "lists". However, just because a player doesn't go to your "showcase" doesn't mean he is not working and improving. I kid dropping 10 places just because you haven't seen him play since last season just does not float. Again, I understand, unlike others here, that these lists are merely your opinion. I enjoy them at face value. See you this season. KD

THE TOP 25 JUNIORS BY THE HOOP SCOOP

1.JERRELL HOUSTON-MEMPHIS EAST

2.COREY BREWER-PORTLAND

3.SHAUN WILLIAMS-MEMPHIS HAMILTON

4.FRANK HOLMES-FAYETTE WARE

5.CHARLES HAMPTON-MEMPHIS BISHOP BYRNE

6.ANDRE ALLEN-MEMPHIS BTW

7.HENRY HARRIS-NASHVILLE STRATFORD

8.JUJUAN SMITH-MCMINN COUNTY

9.JUSTIN HARE-BRADLEY CENTRAL

10.SHANE DANSBY-HARPETH

11.JAMAR JENKINS-FORREST

12.SHAY SHANNON-GILES COUNTY

13.RONALD TAYLOR-NASHVILLE MAPLEWOOD

14.JONATHAN BALL-MEMPHIS WHITE STATION

15.KEIRON JACKSON-MEMPHIS EAST

16.LABRIEN LYONS-MURFRESBORO RIVERDALE

17.ANTWAN HARRIS-KENWOOD

18.BARRY GARDNER-NASHVILLE MAPLEWOOD

19.DANIEL SINGLETON-RUTLEDGE

20.REILEY ERVIN-MEMPHIS WHITE STATION

21.BRIAN LAKE-BOLIVAR CENTRAL

22.DAVID PRICE-MURFRESBORO OAKLAND

23.ROREY LAWRENCE-MEMPHIS KIRBY

24.CHRIS ARNETT-ANTIOCH

25.JOSH HELTON-NASHVILLE MT. JULIET

I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACK FROM THE READERS

DREWHITEHEAD@AOL.COM

SHARPSHOOTER12-SHAVLIK IN THE HOUSE

GOMAB LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU THIS WEEKEND

Guest Smartguy

I really do think that A.j price from McGavock needs to be in that top 25 he was 3rd leading in assist and averaged 13 points a game but not only that he can rebound as if he was a big man and he's a guard thats 5"11 or so

Coach Dearing.......

Who do you refer to with the "drop" of 10 spots????? A player does not "drop" at this point, but is re-placed. As pointed out in another post, sometimes it is a player who jumps into the Upper echelon of the rankings that pushes others down somewhat. Also, I am still getting opinions on players' summer development, which gives me "new" info, though the kid hasn't played in a while.....

Also, as far as the Showcase goes.....I give no special consideration to players attending, but if I see a kid who surprised me with a much improved game, I will move him up. The SHOWCASE is open to EVERYBODY, so it's not like only the players I like get a special invite......

That's what the Showcase is for...If you want a player to be noticed, or think I have a kid too low, send him to the Showcase and LET HIM PROVE HIMSELF....If you don't show up to the Showcase, you have no room to talk......