single A top 10

countrycat1972

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't put much stock in that poll, if metro team or certain districts are good the record matters not the schedule and average teams in top 10 then a team plays aa and aaa schedules have a few losses and seldom are mentioned but in a way thats good because those 30 win teams aren't ready for a team with 7 or 8 losses. Most every year I see teams with 30 plus wins in state tourney and wonder how they beat anyone.

Summertown is not getting any respect this season! Is it because they don't have the tradition of winning or meeting expectations? Last year the were under achieving for sure but this year

they are playing very solid. Two losses to a high ranked Lawrenceburg team that has a tradition of winning. Played them to two tough games. Moore Co wasn't even in the game with Stown early in the season. These girls are playing very solid right now and it should continue through the season. They are a team with a mission this season.

I have to agree, a good friend of mine from college had me come and visit here recently and I got to watch both Summertown and Lawr. Co. Summertown girls are solid, I remember seeing Trotters' boys last yr in state against Hampton. Good tradition there in Summer town! I think the girl I played with in college actually played for summertown then transferred to Lawrence Co.

I think if that was true. we would have heard more about it. Summertown is loaded with talent. I think they are going to be a hard team to put out. You def do not want to go to Summertown and play a region or sub state game.

I heard that Summer has torn ligaments in her ankle and Claire was involved in a bad car wreck last weekend. I hope they both get well as they're both very good ball players.