2012 So. Pittsburg Pirates

OLD PIRATE

Easy now TINC3. Yes we are loaded in the backfield but we have lots of work to do in other positions. It all starts in the O-Line and it will be a work in progress. Hopefully we will continue to mature throughout the regular season and be clicking on all cylinders come playoff time. Tons of potential on this team, but let them earn it. Don't put them on cloud 9 before the season even starts.

Agreed PirateTom.

I must say going back and reading some of SP's pup dog fans u would think we won it last year and have the majority of players back on this years team...Well we do not! SP returns 2 Golden Runningbacks this year yes, but a QB that will have to fight to hang onto his job! The other 8 positions on offense graduated! Consistency will again be a problem with the youth.. Defense will have a few more Sr's and should be pretty close to last years. The team offensively will ONLY GO as far as the SR class takes them...U win with Seniors and leadership....Soph and Juniors arent as serious because they have more opportunities down the road..Trust TrainTracks! In 98 we had a great JR class much like this one but they held back and laid down in big games because they didnt want it like the SR's did. Same in 2006 with all that talent...Half this teams problem is they already think they are world beaters and havent ever started a whole game much less a whole season. Yes SP is talented enough to win it but after flopping last year and selfish players being more concerned with stats rather than wins watch for more of the same this year. THIS is COACHES biggest fear! Lots of booby babies on the team that need to grow up and unfortunately the majority has one more year afte this one to do it...Sorry but I cant imagine this team being what many of you think. 7-3 regular season 8-2 at best and they will have to travel through playoffs again...No they will not have enough to make it through IMHO much less beating Gville with all there SR's coming back....Like Wingman says they are likely the most talented but they were last year as well along with having TONS of SR leadership even with the selfish play and LOST to a ALL SENIOR team in WC much like this years Gville. This year they too will fall short of these crazy expectations that u idiots are placing on them....Venom is served! That is all

2013 State Champs but not happening in 2012

Edited by TrainTracks99

Tell these youngons... Old Pirate says least ways a few folkes ain't wanting to make this young team think putting them Pirate uniforms on is going to make them instant legends. Hope the youngons work overtime this summer and come back ready to improve everyday to become the best they can be!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Tell these youngons... Old Pirate says least ways a few folkes ain't wanting to make this young team think putting them Pirate uniforms on is going to make them instant legends. Hope the youngons work overtime this summer and come back ready to improve everyday to become the best they can be!

who is the week 7 game or week 0

I must say going back and reading some of SP's pup dog fans u would think we won it last year and have the majority of players back on this years team...Well we do not! SP returns 2 Golden Runningbacks this year yes, but a QB that will have to fight to hang onto his job! The other 8 positions on offense graduated! Consistency will again be a problem with the youth.. Defense will have a few more Sr's and should be pretty close to last years. The team offensively will ONLY GO as far as the SR class takes them...U win with Seniors and leadership....Soph and Juniors arent as serious because they have more opportunities down the road..Trust TrainTracks! In 98 we had a great JR class much like this one but they held back and laid down in big games because they didnt want it like the SR's did. Same in 2006 with all that talent...Half this teams problem is they already think they are world beaters and havent ever started a whole game much less a whole season. Yes SP is talented enough to win it but after flopping last year and selfish players being more concerned with stats rather than wins watch for more of the same this year. THIS is COACHES biggest fear! Lots of booby babies on the team that need to grow up and unfortunately the majority has one more year afte this one to do it...Sorry but I cant imagine this team being what many of you think. 7-3 regular season 8-2 at best and they will have to travel through playoffs again...No they will not have enough to make it through IMHO much less beating Gville with all there SR's coming back....Like Wingman says they are likely the most talented but they were last year as well along with having TONS of SR leadership even with the selfish play and LOST to a ALL SENIOR team in WC much like this years Gville. This year they too will fall short of these crazy expectations that u idiots are placing on them....Venom is served! That is all

2013 State Champs but not happening in 2012

Wow that is a lot of typing buddy. I agree with you that its crazy to predict this team as State Champions. I just think they have the potential to be great by 1A standards. If everything comes together you got to remember its not going to be that hard to get back to Cookeville. I mean they might have to play a heck of a game to get past Gordonsville, but thats just one game. Gordonsville are not going to be worldbeaters just because they returned everyone. Tennessee is returing everyone, and I dont exepct them to go to the National Championship. Like I said I agree that this team will prob wont make it, but the potential is there to make another deep run in a lackluster 1A bracket. No need to serve any venom. We all our pulling for the same team.

Edited by TINC3

Dad burnit, TT got Old Pirate to thinking.....the 2012 team is a HEEP like the 98 team with few seniors & more overall senior talent than the 98 Pirate team. Recon , time will tell jest how good this team will be. Fact is, the 98 team with the exception of Eddie lacked leadership and as seniors part of being a senior is leading the underclass men. Recon some fellers need to take them blinders off & except they failed as seniors. Back in the day 1964, the Pirates had seniors that didn't lead like 93,98,08,09 & 2011 most recent season ending losses with each loss key seniors failed to make plays with fumbles,missed tackles,dropped passes & crazy mental penalties. OP would love to hear Train Tracks take some blame instead of blaming fellow under classman & coaches. Old Pirate has..... served his venom!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Dad burnit, TT got Old Pirate to thinking.....the 2012 team is a HEEP like the 98 team with few seniors & more overall senior talent than the 98 Pirate team. Recon , time will tell jest how good this team will be. Fact is, the 98 team with the exception of Eddie lacked leadership and as seniors part of being a senior is leading the underclass men. Recon some fellers need to take them blinders off & except they failed as seniors. Back in the day 1964, the Pirates had seniors that didn't lead like 93,98,08,09 & 2011 most recent season ending losses with each loss key seniors failed to make plays with fumbles,missed tackles,dropped passes & crazy mental penalties. OP would love to hear Train Tracks take some blame instead of blaming fellow under classman & coaches. Old Pirate has..... served his venom!

This 2012 team has more talented Seniors than 98?!? Old man u have lost any mind u have left. The 98 team had Moore, Merriman, Robinson, Berryhill, Beene,Chance, Price...Moore and Merriman both went on to play College and Robinson was a beast at LB! There isnt a kid on that roster that could block Berryhill let alone Charles Beene....U must have some next to kin playing cause obviously your mind is tainted with idiocracy...SP should be going for a 6 PEAT that is fact with talent they have had. Grider shouldve won it all those years along with 98 and 2008 then 2003 was everybit as talented as Boyd! U have no venom to serve old man river...Leave it alone before someone gets their feelings hurt

The 98 team did have two really good players in Moore and Merriman. Robinson turned out to be a good linebacker that year as well. Berryhill would have had a better year as well, but missed all but about 3-4 games. That was about the sum of the good players on that team. This 2012 team will be a lot like that when it comes to seniors except for one small detail. They dont have an Eddie Moore in the bunch. Players like him don't come around every year for sure. Eddie was a special player in 98 and it just stinks that Trousdale had a special one that same year.

The 98 team did have two really good players in Moore and Merriman. Robinson turned out to be a good linebacker that year as well. Berryhill would have had a better year as well, but missed all but about 3-4 games. That was about the sum of the good players on that team. This 2012 team will be a lot like that when it comes to seniors except for one small detail. They dont have an Eddie Moore in the bunch. Players like him don't come around every year for sure. Eddie was a special player in 98 and it just stinks that Trousdale had a special one that same year.

Beene was as good as any D Lineman in the past 10 years when he wanted...He played exceptional in big games and Chance anchored O Line...No point in arguing i hope this team proves me wrong but I just dont see it...Chemistry plays and HUGE role in how good teams are. However Moore alone makes 98 Sr class more talented than this upcoming class end of story. Anything else comparison wise is just dumb

I just don't remember Beene playing that much. I do remember what nickname he acquired. LoL. As for him playing exceptional in big games, i wish he would have played better D against Trousdale that year. I still have visions of Trousdale gaping us that year. Chance was a lot like the rest of us. He was a marginal player at best during his time. Im not arguing about it either. I am the one that talked about how small this senior class would be and how it is very tough to win with a limited amount of seniors on the roster.

Edited by TheAmbassador