top players of 2014 not named Lindsey or Marbury

theshowcase

Need some feedback of top players in the class of 2014 not named Rob Marbury or Jalen Lindsay... I know a couple who are excelling..

Christian Lynn - Goodpasture

Anthony Banks - Lancaster Christian

Rashid Gordon - Antioch High

Zach Hodskins - Ravenwood

Terry Holt - East Literature

Jericho Williams - Mcgavock

D'Andre Ferby - Ensworth

The kid from Wilson Central (can't remember his name)

This class seems to be extremely underrated but has alot of talent coming up the ranks.. Who else is out there???

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is going to sound crazy, but CPA has 4 counting Lindsey who could be on this list and play at the next level:

- Alsmiller (may end up being better prospect than Lindsey)- probably going to grow to 6'7" or 6'8", will fill out, and is one of the best shooters in the state.

- Wharton - still under 6', but based on family should have growth spurt, is incredibly fast, and a great athlete. The question is will he keep playing football and basketball, or just focus on one sport.

- Thomas Richard - been injuried a lot this year, but if he gets healthy should be a great player. Very athletic, should grow to 6'3" or better, and got a strong frame. Again, needs to get healthy.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but CPA has 4 counting Lindsey who could be on this list and play at the next level:

- Alsmiller (may end up being better prospect than Lindsey)- probably going to grow to 6'7" or 6'8", will fill out, and is one of the best shooters in the state.

- Wharton - still under 6', but based on family should have growth spurt, is incredibly fast, and a great athlete. The question is will he keep playing football and basketball, or just focus on one sport.

- Thomas Richard - been injuried a lot this year, but if he gets healthy should be a great player. Very athletic, should grow to 6'3" or better, and got a strong frame. Again, needs to get healthy.

Appreciate it...forgot about Alsmiller and Wharton..forgot they were just sophomores!! Both can definitely play. Don't think I have seen Richard play, however..

Don't forget about Andy Schumpert at Brentwood High. He's long and lean and can defend anyone - even Alex Poythress. Andy held Alex to his season low of 8 points (I believe) in BHS's win against Northeast!

Great topic Showcase. Although I'm not tired of hearing about Lindsey and Marberry, I do agree there are some serious players in the mix for 2014.

Andy Shumpert is the real deal. I may be mistaken but in that game he had multiple 3's AND put it on Poythress. I've watched this boy for years and he's solid as a rock.

Agree too with Jake Alsmiller. Another great kid with huge potential. Absolutely a top five'r in my book. He's also got the marketing machine of Maddux behind him as does Lindsey. This can't hurt. Be very interesting to see where he plays summer ball. This young man needs to be seen!

BoyHowdy will remain an AC (anonymous coward). I feel the comfort and security of an anonymous post brings out an honesty not found within the confines of accountability and transparency.

• 2 weeks later...

Need some feedback of top players in the class of 2014 not named Rob Marbury or Jalen Lindsay... I know a couple who are excelling..

Christian Lynn - Goodpasture

Anthony Banks - Lancaster Christian

Rashid Gordon - Antioch High

Zach Hodskins - Ravenwood

Terry Holt - East Literature

Jericho Williams - Mcgavock

D'Andre Ferby - Ensworth

The kid from Wilson Central (can't remember his name)

This class seems to be extremely underrated but has alot of talent coming up the ranks.. Who else is out there???

Here are some of the class of 2014 that are seeing a lot of varsity playing time as sophomores (that have not been mentioned before):

Andrew Cowie, BGA

Nathan Moran, BGA

Jack Bautista, Brentwood

Jack Maher, Brentwood

Duncan Smith, MBA

Reed Beck, Lipscomb

Luke Simpson, Lipscomb

Jalen Hunter, Goodpasture

Davis Anderton, Harpeth

Braxton Bonds, CPA

I agree that there is a lot of talent in this class.

Ryan Sizemore of White House and Phillip Johnson of Hendersonville from Sumner County should wind up playing at the next level when they are finished with their h.s. careers. Sizemore is a versatile forward/guard and Johnson will be a solid F. Sizemore starts and plays most minutes for the Devils but Johnson is buried in the depth chart at H-ville. Look for him to excel next year after another summer of AAU ball.

The kid at Wilson Central is named Jacob Williams. However, some of the better names were left out of the list. There are more than this, but here is some from the west TN area also.

Zay Coleman-Lake Co.

Jalen Barford-South Side

Daniel Norl-Kenwood(Clarksville)

Charles "Bird" Clark-Siegel

Ray Albright-Manassas

Jerry Johnson-Wooddale

Chris Chizzoa-Bartlett

JaMerrio Jones-Melrose

Leron Black-White Station

Davell Roby-White Station

Tre Fields-Science Hill

Here are some of the class of 2014 that are seeing a lot of varsity playing time as sophomores (that have not been mentioned before):

Andrew Cowie, BGA

Nathan Moran, BGA

Jack Bautista, Brentwood

Jack Maher, Brentwood

Duncan Smith, MBA

Reed Beck, Lipscomb

Luke Simpson, Lipscomb

Jalen Hunter, Goodpasture

Davis Anderton, Harpeth

Braxton Bonds, CPA

I agree that there is a lot of talent in this class.

My son played in the Grassland Rec League along-side a number of these kids, so I've seen them for a number of years. Jake Allsmiller, Duncan Smith, Nathan Moran, and there are probably others. My son, quit basketball after MS, and now just plays baseball and football. I agree there's a good deal of talent in this sophomore class in middle TN. However, it's a very strong class in baseball and football as well. It's been fun watching them grow-up and develop as athletes!

Cheatham County has a great sophomore class that is going to be good for the next 2 years after this year. The best member from the group is Jake Saunders. Saunders averages 14.7 points per game right now. 4 other members of that group are Jordan Darden, Wesley Harlan, Michael Boyd, and Mason Bates.

By the time these 5 guys are done playing at CCCHS they'll have been responsible for taking Cubs basketball to the state tournament..........book it!

Leron Black is rated one of the country's top 25 sophomores in one service I've seen, Lindsey, one of the top few.

Others regarded as prospects in the same listing include (some already mentioned)

Jaylen Barford, South Side, G, Sophomore

Chris Chiozza, Bartlett, G, Sophomore

Marcanvis Hymon, Whitehaven, F, Sophomore

Fatodd Lewis, Raleigh-Egypt, F, Sophomore

Davell Roby, White Station, G, Sophomore

Tim Shaw, Memphis Central, G, Sophomore

Also, a few freshmen were identified:

Donte Fitzpatrick, Memphis East, G, Freshman

Skal Labissiere, Evangelical Christian, C, Freshman

K.J. Lawson, Memphis East, F, Freshman

Nick Smith, White Station, G, Freshman

Rodney Webb, Melrose, G, Freshman

Leron Black is rated one of the country's top 25 sophomores in one service I've seen, Lindsey, one of the top few.

Others regarded as prospects in the same listing include (some already mentioned)

Jaylen Barford, South Side, G, Sophomore

Chris Chiozza, Bartlett, G, Sophomore

Marcanvis Hymon, Whitehaven, F, Sophomore

Fatodd Lewis, Raleigh-Egypt, F, Sophomore

Davell Roby, White Station, G, Sophomore

Tim Shaw, Memphis Central, G, Sophomore

Also, a few freshmen were identified:

Donte Fitzpatrick, Memphis East, G, Freshman

Skal Labissiere, Evangelical Christian, C, Freshman

K.J. Lawson, Memphis East, F, Freshman

Nick Smith, White Station, G, Freshman

Rodney Webb, Melrose, G, Freshman

Here's how I'd list the top 5:

Leron Black

Jalen Lindsey

Rob Marberry

Jake Allsmiller

Andy Schumpert

Thomas Richard, before his injuries, was on pace to be in the top 3 for sure. Hope he gets well and strong again because he's awfully fun to watch.

Thoughts, additions or deletions?