Riverdale at LaVergne

swanson71

103-10 is a crazy score, did Riverdale ever let up?

This is the report I heard on the game. Riverdale pressed the first quarter, as they always get so much offense from their press. They backed off the press to start the second quarter. LaVergne actually scored twice against the press in the first, but failed to score in a half court set. Riverdale pulled starters at half. I was also told that Riverdale only made 5 shots outside the paint in the game. Layups and point blank shots the entire game. Slow clock keeping in second qtr and running clock the entire second half.

This is the report I heard on the game. Riverdale pressed the first quarter, as they always get so much offense from their press. They backed off the press to start the second quarter. LaVergne actually scored twice against the press in the first, but failed to score in a half court set. Riverdale pulled starters at half. I was also told that Riverdale only made 5 shots outside the paint in the game. Layups and point blank shots the entire game. Slow clock keeping in second qtr and running clock the entire second half.

It was 83-4 at halftime. Here is what I know. #1 Lavergne really is THAT bad. It is amazing how far they have fallen in a couple of years time. #2 That still is no reason to break 100. There is no shot clock. Nobody is forcing you to continue to shoot. Hold the ball. Work on your delay game. Might be the difference in a tight game later. #3 I am sure that Dirk is losing his mind having a basketball team that is this bad.

I don't agree with scoring a 100 points on another team, but how can you tell your bench to let up as they don't get to see much action. Also LaVergne has won 2 games so they are capable of winning a few.

The "game" knows - will be interesting to see who they draw 1st in the state tournament - if they get there.

This one probably could have been 150-0 even with the clock going nearly non-stop in the second half. There is no reason for complaints from the way it sounds. Holding the ball the entire second half is insulting to the trailing team, that would almost be like just asking them if they want to forfeit after halftime.

This one probably could have been 150-0 even with the clock going nearly non-stop in the second half. There is no reason for complaints from the way it sounds. Holding the ball the entire second half is insulting to the trailing team, that would almost be like just asking them if they want to forfeit after halftime.

I think something could/should have been done before the score was 83-4, I believe when the score hit 40-4 call off the dogs.

I have posted on this subject a number of times starting this past August. Now I am really going to post about how 7AAA Girls Basketball has been intentionally reduced to one of the worst Districts in the State. It is the case of gerrymanderiing students from school to school in a District of very large schools. Riverdale has been reduced from a great basketball school to a basketball school of "within the rules" transfers who now its hard to analyze the talent for them to compete in College/University. Yes Riverdale beat Lavergne did beat lavergne 95-10 after many transfers from Lavergne were allowed to transfer to Oakland. Everything legal. Oakland doing very good this year with lavergne transfers, and Siegel transfers the past two years with a transfer policy of the school being able to transfer to Smyrna the same thing students with a special college degree program that allowed such. Everything legal. It is very possible that the same thing could happen at Smyrna. Everything legal. Look for numerous transfers using the rules. Something tells me that Football is involved in all of this. Dirk Ash is blamed for most of this but has had little to do with what has happened. A rule which would take care of many situations was not allowed to be passed but after what is going to happen at the first of this coming year, the TSSAA IMO and its schools will have no choice but to redo the transfer rule or allow the rule to destroy High School Athletics. In the meantimes, students will line up in long lines to transfer to other schools within the rules. Transfering between counties will be easily done. The Director of Schools in Rutherford (outgoing), will have a busy time at the first of the school year. The winners, big schools in large counties. The losers will be small rural schools. A whole new era in school transfers becasue of below par performance has begun under the guise of education.

• Upvote 1

everyone played a half and when the bench gets in you cant expect them to do nothing as they work hard in practice too...and when they get a chance to play in a game they should play...we did not press with the younger players but they did run the half court offense...and they did play hard in a year or 2 we are going to need them to play when the game is on the line so they need to learn to play now...

Phargis we have been desling with transfer rules for year and years and years even when i was at RIVERDALE over 20 years agowe have lost transfers and we have recieved transfers and I have learned to just play with who you got and let the chips fall where they may and stop making excuses..