District 9A

CoffeeBreak

Congrats to all the 9A teams. Cascade and Eagleville will (once again) represent the District from this point forward. Both teams have better than average pitching and have been tested with competitive schedules over the course of the season.

They swept 10A last year in the region games. We'll see if it 10A can pull one out this year.

Congrats to all the 9A teams. Cascade and Eagleville will (once again) represent the District from this point forward. Both teams have better than average pitching and have been tested with competitive schedules over the course of the season.

They swept 10A last year in the region games. We'll see if it 10A can pull one out this year.

What happened to Eagleville? Thought they were going to be winning 9A from all the smack they were talking!

What happened to Eagleville? Thought they were going to be winning 9A from all the smack they were talking!

Show me a post where an Eagleville supporter has "talked smack" on here about their baseball team. "Smack is bragging and running your mouth about what you're gonna do", I don't think I've seen that on here. Nothings happened to Eagleville. A very good Cascade team put them in the loser's bracket when they faced Austin Peay signee Carkuff and they made 3 errors which cost them, then they had to win 4 straight a couple of which are very good teams and then beat Cascade to force a second game for the championship. Cascade and Eagleville are very evenly matched. Both teams have made it to the regionals each of the past 4 years and one or the other to Substate and State each of those years. Both are loaded with seniors. I'm sure they will both be very competitive with the 10A teams in Regionals.

Show me a post where an Eagleville supporter has "talked smack" on here about their baseball team. "Smack is bragging and running your mouth about what you're gonna do", I don't think I've seen that on here. Nothings happened to Eagleville. A very good Cascade team put them in the loser's bracket when they faced Austin Peay signee Carkuff and they made 3 errors which cost them, then they had to win 4 straight a couple of which are very good teams and then beat Cascade to force a second game for the championship. Cascade and Eagleville are very evenly matched. Both teams have made it to the regionals each of the past 4 years and one or the other to Substate and State each of those years. Both are loaded with seniors. I'm sure they will both be very competitive with the 10A teams in Regionals.

First of all go check the "10A Season" Topic and you can see the "smack" around the start and end of the season. I agree Cascade and Eagleville are very good teams but, just the way the Eagleville fans were talking if they lost it would be by maricle. I'm not doubting at all that they won't be competitive! 10A is ready for 9A and we wish yall the best of luck! Hopefully 1 of us Region 5's can pick up a good ole' State Championship!

<br />Show me a post where an Eagleville supporter has "talked smack" on here about their baseball team.  "Smack is bragging and running your mouth about what you're gonna do", I don't think I've seen that on here. Nothings happened to Eagleville.  A very good Cascade team put them in the loser's bracket when they faced Austin Peay signee Carkuff and they made 3 errors which cost them, then they had to win 4 straight a couple of which are very good teams and then beat Cascade to force a second game for the championship.  Cascade and Eagleville are very evenly matched.  Both teams have made it to the regionals each of the past 4 years and one or the other to Substate and State each of those years.  Both are loaded with seniors.  I'm sure they will both be very competitive with the 10A teams in Regionals.<br />

Agreed, but don't let a bs post ignite you. They'll soon see as they do every year

First of all go check the "10A Season" Topic and you can see the "smack" around the start and end of the season. I agree Cascade and Eagleville are very good teams but, just the way the Eagleville fans were talking if they lost it would be by maricle. I'm not doubting at all that they won't be competitive! 10A is ready for 9A and we wish yall the best of luck! Hopefully 1 of us Region 5's can pick up a good ole' State Championship!

Sorry 10A but I saw two posts, the first was one of the nicer more cordial and fair posters on the 9A board which is coffeebreak. All he did was make an observation of the games that were played in that scrimmage and who was playing. No smack at all. The other was a poster saying that 9A was better this year than 10A. Take a look at the two 9A teams and their schedules and look at how many triple A, double A and top tier single A teams each played and their records. Both 9A teams beat a lot of those opponents, several of which have been in recent State tournaments. 10A's two teams from what I can tell by their schedules haven't played the same caliber of teams overall. I'm not saying both aren't very good teams either. There's no guarantees in baseball but don't take them lightly. They won't be looking past Monday either. No teams should.

Agree. Who's next?

Mt. Pleasant at Eagleville. Ring pitched for them Tuesday and if he goes it'll be on 2 days rest. A tough assignment even for a pitcher his caliber. Smith will likely start for the Eagles. Cascade is on the road to Columbia Academy who has been hot lately but carkuff will start and should be tough.