District 9A

CoffeeBreak

Guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder... Here is an article from the paper - http://www.t-g.com/story/1841512.html

High chopper that the runner beats out is a hit. Who was the culprit for Moore County that booted the ball?

If you consider a ball hit to the 3b that he didn't square up on and tried to bare hand and missed a hit then you clearly don't know.

If you consider a ball hit to the 3b that he didn't square up on and tried to bare hand and missed a hit then you clearly don't know.

Home teams books are official for all high school games. However that person ( I believe that game was at Cascade) scored the play is how it will be recorded. I'm assuming the Times Gazette got their stats from the local school which means the game was officially a one hitter. No dog in the fight, just stating facts.

Last regular season district games today. Eagleville plays Huntland. I think Eagleville has the #1 seed locked up and Huntland has the #7 seed locked as well.

Moore County plays Forrest. A Moore County win would put them in the #2 spot, Forrest in the 3, and Cascade in the 4. A loss and they could go to the #4 seed and Forrest gets the #2 seed (idle Cascade gets the 3 in that case).

Community plays MTCS. Winner gets the 5 seed and the loser gets the 6 seed.

Tourney starts Thursday.

Tournament Seedings:

1. Eagleville

2. Moore County

3. Forrest

4. Cascade

5. Community

6. MTCS

7. Huntland

On Thursday 1 gets a bye, 2 plays 7, 3 plays 6, 4 plays 5. Double Elimination.

How are the seedings determined on the 3 way tie, Coffee. I'm guessing it is head to head best record? I believe Moore County was 3-1, Forrest 2-2, and Cascade 1-3 among the four teams tied. What is second tie breaker if all three teams were 2-2? Overall record?

How are the seedings determined on the 3 way tie, Coffee. I'm guessing it is head to head best record? I believe Moore County was 3-1, Forrest 2-2, and Cascade 1-3 among the four teams tied. What is second tie breaker if all three teams were 2-2? Overall record?

You are correct. If the teams records were all the same they would look to who beat the highest seed and/or who lost to the lowest seed. At some point I think it gets to the old coin toss.

Cascade and Moore County each beat Eagleville.

I think the season shows that Eagleville is the strongest team. 2-6 are capable if they can put together a couple of good games. Cascade and MTCS have faltered down the stretch. Moore County has stepped it up.

As Bobby Knight says, "Victory favors the team that makes the fewest mistakes." I think that will prove true in the tournament.

Edited by CoffeeBreak

Tomorrow's 9A Tournament Games:

Game 1: Cascade plays Community at Cascade 5:30. Winner plays Eagleville on Friday (Game 4).

Game 2: Forrest plans MTCS at Forrest at 5:00. Winner plays the winner of Game 3 on Friday.

Game 3: Moore County plays Huntland at 4:30 at Moore County. Winner plays the winner of Game 2 on Friday.

Friday's 9A Tournament Games:

Game 5: Winner of Game 2 plays Winner of Game 3 at Eagleville at 4:30.

Game 4: Eagleville plays Winner of Game 1 on Friday at Eagleville at 7:00.

Edited by CoffeeBreak

Thursday's Games (with regular season results):

Moore County vs. Huntland. Moore County won the regular season series back in March 5-2 and 13-0.

Forrest vs. MTCS. Regular season series was a split in early April. Forrest won at their place 4-1 and MTCS won the rematch 5-0.

Cascade vs. Community. Regular season series in early April was a split. Cascade won at their place 2-1 and Community won at their place 5-1.

Close games that are decided by a handful of plays (or calls) would not surprise me. Pitching and Defense always rise to the fore-front come tournament time. It may hinge on who can get a bunt down and advance runners.

Do teams pitch their ace with hopes of bringing them back on Monday or Tuesday? Does Cascade save Carkuff for Friday vs Eagleville and rely on Rippy to get the win over Community on Thursday? I've heard Forrest threw Brewer on Monday but pulled him before his pitch count got too high -- does he go Thursday or Friday? MC seems to be the hottest team coming in with 3 wins in a row. Is Grissom able to pitch effectively?

Looking forward to some great baseball.

• Upvote 1

Anyone care to comment? District 9A has sent teams to the state tournament the last 3 years. Newcomer Fayetteville will not field a varsity team for the 2012 season.

Cascade and Eagleville return pitchers that have signed to play at the next level. Community showed significant improvement last year. Predictions?

Moore County split with Eagleville and Cascade. Tournament will be interesting.