District 9A

CoffeeBreak

MTCS gets a 4-2 come from behind win over Moore County for a district sweep. Both startling pitchers did well. Roberts for MTCS went 5 1/3 allowing 2 runs on 7 hits. Bateman for Moore through 5 allowed just 1 unearned run on 4 hits at one point striking out 5 in a row. Cougar batters got to him in the 6th with 4 hits and 3 runs to take the 4-2 lead. Bonabi for the Cougars got the last 2 outs in the top of the 6th and tossed a 1-2-3 inning in the top of 7 for the win. Cougars got 4 runs on 8 hits.

MTCS gets a 4-2 come from behind win over Moore County for a district sweep. Both startling pitchers did well. Roberts for MTCS went 5 1/3 allowing 2 runs on 7 hits. Bateman for Moore through 5 allowed just 1 unearned run on 4 hits at one point striking out 5 in a row. Cougar batters got to him in the 6th with 4 hits and 3 runs to take the 4-2 lead. Bonabi for the Cougars got the last 2 outs in the top of the 6th and tossed a 1-2-3 inning in the top of 7 for the win. Cougars got 4 runs on 8 hits.

MTCS may be young but it looks like they're beginning to gel and find their pace.

MTCS may be young but it looks like they're beginning to gel and find their pace.

MTCS is kind of like the weather -- great one day, not so great the next. We will see, we will see...

Standings should be:

Eagleville and Cascade with 1 loss each; Forrest and MTCS with 2 losses each; Moore County and Community with 3 losses each and Huntland with 4 losses.

Because of the off weeks some teams have played as many as 6 games (Cascade and Moore County) and others have only played 4 games (Eagleville, Forrest, MTCS, Community, Huntland).

Cougars vs. CPA scheduled for today (4/5) called due to rain. Cougars play in the Blaze "A" Bash beginning tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. (vs. Watertown).

Send me some text updates on games at MTCS tomorrow and I'll do the same from Eagleville. We play Monterey at 11 I believe.

Eagleville wins the Blaze A Bash Invitational by winning a 13 inning classic 3-2 against Adamsville in the quarters and then beating Huntingdon 7-6 in the Championship game. Eagleville is really clicking right now and everybody on varsity is contributing in one way or another. Their pitching has just been phenomenal. They have 6 pitchers that are doing an exceptional job.