District 9A

CoffeeBreak

Eagleville is having a decent tournament outing so far. 3-0 having scored 23 runs while only giving up 1 run. Only 8 hits allowed. Smith and mcdougal have seen only 3 innings between them on the mound. Eagleville's bullpen has been very sharp.

That is good news regarding the pitching staff. CTM needs to save his top pitchers and use the others. He has some young players that could be very good.

Eagleville ended up going 4-0 in the Ooltewah Classic and tied with Bradley Central for 1st in the tournament. There was no championship game due to weather. Bradley was given the champiionship based upon a combination of runs allowed (4 tied with Eagleville who also allowed 4 runs for the entire tournament and runs scored Eagleville scored 29 and Bradley had 40. Eagleville allowed 10 hits for the tournament over 4 games. Eagleville's victories came against Redbank, McMinn County, Germantown and Cleveland.

Typical tight game between Eagleville and Cascade tonight with Smith and Carkuff going head to head. The game went 10 innings. Carkuff pitched a good game as did Smith. Eagleville had 3 opportunities with runners at 3rd base and was only able to cash in once after an error by the left fielder. Twice they were given opportunities with the runner at 3rd with only 1 out and could not put the ball in play. Some of this was due to batters looking at 3rd strikes. The winning score came after bases were loaded and a passed ball brought in the winning run. Round 2 tomorrow night.

MTCS split the games yesterday. An 11-1 5 inning win vs Lancaster Christian and an 8-1 loss vs 7AAA LaVergne. After 4 innings Cougars led 1-0. Had trouble finding the strike zone and kicked it around a bit in the last 3 innings. Bowman had 3 hits for the Cougars. Starling pitched 4 no-hit innings.

JV plays Fayetteville tonight.

Heard Community beat Moore County 5-0. Anyone got the score on the Forrest game?

Eagleville wins the rematch 4-2.

Hammonds had a late hit that made it over right fielder's head, he was on his way to third and for some reason the fielder threw it to third instead of home overthrowing third baseman and allowing Hammonds to come home. That run could be huge down the road as it gave Eagleville a 1 point advantage in run differential in head to head with Cascade. Still have a long season ahead and lots of exciting baseball to play.

Hammonds had a late hit that made it over right fielder's head, he was on his way to third and for some reason the fielder threw it to third instead of home overthrowing third baseman and allowing Hammonds to come home. That run could be huge down the road as it gave Eagleville a 1 point advantage in run differential in head to head with Cascade. Still have a long season ahead and lots of exciting baseball to play.

Could be a factor. My understanding of the tie-breakers decided on by the coaches back in the fall is:

1. Head-to-head (record)

2. Did you beat a higher seed?

3. Did you lose to a lower seed?

4. Least runs allowed between the two teams

Probably a coin toss after that. So I think that means that if Eagleville and Cascade win out that becomes a pretty significant run for every team as well as the Bell Buckle Cafe (if the tournament site is in Eagleville).