District 9A

CoffeeBreak

Cougars go down to Jackson Christian 9-3 in the Warrior Spring Classic. Led 3-1 after 3 on some nice pitching by a Soph. He got the first two outs in the fourth then walked the next three batters before giving up a granny. Subsequent pitchers had a little trouble finding the zone and when they did JCS made them pay. Two more "goodnight Irene" homeruns before the night was finished.

It doesn't get any easier - Decatur Riverside comes in tonight. Game time is 8:00.

Cougars go down to Jackson Christian 9-3 in the Warrior Spring Classic. Led 3-1 after 3 on some nice pitching by a Soph. He got the first two outs in the fourth then walked the next three batters before giving up a granny. Subsequent pitchers had a little trouble finding the zone and when they did JCS made them pay. Two more "goodnight Irene" homeruns before the night was finished.

It doesn't get any easier - Decatur Riverside comes in tonight. Game time is 8:00.

I think it is awesome that you get to play DR. That is a great expereince for the kids.

Congrats on a great win, contrary to popular belief by "some" of their fans, they are not invincible. Wish I coulda got to see it. I heard Gant was 0 for 3.

Baseball is a funny game. They clearly didn't pitch their best.

They got 5 hits, 5 free passes and benefitted from 2 Cougar fielding errors. They left 8 stranded on the bases. Gant was 1-4 reaching on a high chopper to 2b that he beat out to put runners on the corner with 1 out in the top of 7.

Cougars got 11 hits, 3 free passes, stranded 10 guys on the base paths and struck out 10 times. Sloppy baserunning cost us at least two runs.

Saw several Eagleville players in the stands watching.

They got 5 hits, 5 free passes and benefitted from 2 Cougar fielding errors. They left 8 stranded on the bases. Gant was 1-4 reaching on a high chopper to 2b that he beat out to put runners on the corner with 1 out in the top of 7.

Cougars got 11 hits, 3 free passes, stranded 10 guys on the base paths and struck out 10 times. Sloppy baserunning cost us at least two runs.

I know Matt and a couple of the boys went.

Not a fan of either team that played last night but I was able to catch this game. Riverside threw their 4th starter a Freshman lefty. He gave up 11 hits which produced 4 runs. Riverside couldnt get anything going as they made lots of contact but for nothing. Even though Riverside lost you can tell they are a strong team and will make another run at a title agin this year.

Props to MTCS for the win

Edited by TennSportsFan77

I was excited to hear that ya got the w. Great win. Hope you played well today

I was excited to hear that ya got the w. Great win. Hope you played well today

Unfortunately, did not play well on Saturday. Dropped a 10-3 to Ezell. 4 fielding errors and only 3 runs on 9 hits and 3 free passes. Then dropped a 5-4 decision to Clarksville Northwest. 4 more fielding errors and literally ran ourselves out of the tying and go-ahead runs in the bottom of the 6th.

Growing pains I hope that get corrected over the course of the season.

Unfortunately, did not play well on Saturday. Dropped a 10-3 to Ezell. 4 fielding errors and only 3 runs on 9 hits and 3 free passes. Then dropped a 5-4 decision to Clarksville Northwest. 4 more fielding errors and literally ran ourselves out of the tying and go-ahead runs in the bottom of the 6th.

Growing pains I hope that get corrected over the course of the season.

You will be solid by yr end