District 9A

CoffeeBreak

Cascade is in the drivers seat for this one. Looks like rain could play a factor for those teams who need rest for pitchers. MTCS got the shaft this year on the brackets.

Community has to be the biggest disappointment as they were eliminated without a fight.

Community lost their #1 and #2 pitchers and one of their top hitters due to injury so I wouldn't say a disappointment just tough luck to end the year. All of the pitchers they had left were all sophmores. Cascade has got it going I think again and Eagleville will definantly rebound. Hats off to Moore County and what they have done and good to see Coach Hardison at Forrest get to still be playing. He is a class act and will be missed in the district and in high school baseball.

How does 9A decide which teams advance to the regional? Does the regular season champ automatically advance?

They actually changed that about 3 years ago. I think it's State wide for single A but it could be a district coaches decision but currently the two teams that make it to the district championship will go on to regional. The district tournament winner will host the number 2 team from other half of the region and that district's winner will host the number 2 of our district tourny. Lots of nail biting going on right now.

Who will be on the mound tonight for Eagleville and Moore Co. I realize that Eagleville has a deep pitching staff, but does Moore Co. have the depth to pull the upset?

Most likely matchup is Smith and Bateman although Eagleville could go with McDougal or Morton. Cascade pitched Elmore last night and will have Carkuff and Rippy both fresh. My guess is they would go with Rippy against whoever advances and have Carkuff in reserve if a second game was needed on Wednesday. Moore Co. has a couple more pitchers and Eaglevill has 3 other solid senior pitchers that they can call on if needed as well. Right now the focus is one game at a time so for both Moore and Eagleville I believe they'll pitch their best.

Most likely matchup is Smith and Bateman although Eagleville could go with McDougal or Morton. Cascade pitched Elmore last night and will have Carkuff and Rippy both fresh. My guess is they would go with Rippy against whoever advances and have Carkuff in reserve if a second game was needed on Wednesday. Moore Co. has a couple more pitchers and Eaglevill has 3 other solid senior pitchers that they can call on if needed as well. Right now the focus is one game at a time so for both Moore and Eagleville I believe they'll pitch their best.

Since Cascade is already in the region that could gamble and pitch someone else besides their 1 and 2. MC and Eagleville have no choice but to pitch their best since they are still playing to get to the region. First game should be a good one.

Since Cascade is already in the region that could gamble and pitch someone else besides their 1 and 2. MC and Eagleville have no choice but to pitch their best since they are still playing to get to the region. First game should be a good one.

Eagleville is in the championship game and beat cascade the first game and still have to beat them tomorrow. Rippy will be pitching for cascade and Wilson will be for

Eagleville! Does anyone have a region schedule?