District 9A

CoffeeBreak

I do want to add one thing to this. I was messaging Kreager at DNJ about the Smith/Carkuff matchup tonight and he has no one for that premier matchup because they are covering the huge (cough, choke) Lavergne/siegel and Blackman/Smyrna baseball/softball matchups tonight. We get far superior coverage from the Shelbyville Gazette. DNJ can't even spell correctly and usually runs all the MTCS and Eagleville stats together.

Edited by redkuda

I do want to add one thing to this. I was messaging Kreager at DNJ about the Smith/Carkuff matchup tonight and he has no one for that premier matchup because they are covering the huge (cough, choke) Lavergne/siegel and Blackman/Smyrna baseball/softball matchups tonight. We get far superior coverage from the Shelbyville Gazette. DNJ can't even spell correctly and usually runs all the MTCS and Eagleville stats together.

I think you are being a little harsh on the DNJ REDKUDA. I remember a nice article they did on some of the Eagleville players last year mentioning David Porton and Michael Favenport several times. They also had a nice picture of your shortstop Ryan Hammonds turning a double play.

<br />I do want to add one thing to this.  I was messaging Kreager at DNJ about the Smith/Carkuff matchup tonight and he has no one for that premier matchup because they are covering the huge (cough, choke) Lavergne/siegel and Blackman/Smyrna baseball/softball matchups tonight.  We get far superior coverage from the Shelbyville Gazette.  DNJ can't even spell correctly and usually runs all the MTCS and Eagleville stats together.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Funny you mentioned that. He pretty much attacked me on twitter last year because we at "The Duck" opted to broadcast the Riverdale football playoff game even though the local "radio station" was already carrying the game. Can't help that we are better.. lol

I think you are being a little harsh on the DNJ REDKUDA. I remember a nice article they did on some of the Eagleville players last year mentioning David Porton and Michael Favenport several times. They also had a nice picture of your shortstop Ryan Hammonds turning a double play.

Exactly.

Just sitting kicked back right now. I think both games tonight will be close. O agree with your opinion on the losers bracket. Not to fair. I just hope the umps are good. How were they last night.

Umps in todays game between Moore Co. & MTCS was very good it appeared that some of the striks were called a little high, but called the same for both teams. Moore Co. won 12 to 2 in six innings.

Umps in todays game between Moore Co. & MTCS was very good it appeared that some of the striks were called a little high, but called the same for both teams. Moore Co. won 12 to 2 in six innings.

Our ump behind the plate who I know but won't name was pretty bad. That being said Eagleville beat themselves with 5 errors. Most they've had in one game all year.

Our ump behind the plate who I know but won't name was pretty bad. That being said Eagleville beat themselves with 5 errors. Most they've had in one game all year.

Let's face it. Single A teams are at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to umpire assignments. It's a tough job, many of the fans are not objective and make sport of riding the umpires, a lot of the umps are up there in terms of age as well. I've seen inconsistent strike zones on a consistent basis. Haven't seen blatant favoritism too many times however.

Single A will always take a backseat to AAA. It's one of those things that ain't fair but it is what it is. Both pitchers last night could pitch for any high school regardless of size in the state. I thought Smith started off a little stronger than Carkuff but that Carkuff finished stronger. He was very good the last 2-3 inngs. High stakes emotional game caused a few errors on defense. 20 strike outs between the two pitchers.

Single A will always take a backseat to AAA. It's one of those things that ain't fair but it is what it is. Both pitchers last night could pitch for any high school regardless of size in the state. I thought Smith started off a little stronger than Carkuff but that Carkuff finished stronger. He was very good the last 2-3 inngs. High stakes emotional game caused a few errors on defense. 20 strike outs between the two pitchers.

What was the final score?

Cascade is in the drivers seat for this one. Looks like rain could play a factor for those teams who need rest for pitchers. MTCS got the shaft this year on the brackets.

Community has to be the biggest disappointment as they were eliminated without a fight.