Baylor at McCallie

trublu2

I see that you stretched a long way to take a swipe at "others" who are long gone and have nothing to do with this situation. In fact, certainly in one of the cases you site, your example makes the oppostite point to that which you are struggling to make. Makes no sense to me.

I must admit, you have a good point... There isn't a gap between Brunner & Westbrooks quite like others previously faced against Kaleb Baker, the best talent up their with Zach, similar to Hooker who never runs, but is known for chasing though!

Btw,,, Speaking of The Blues 138, Ward is all of a sudden becoming one of the most dominant wrestlers in the state... All weight classes considered. No one out works him in the 3rd or OT. I can assure you mtn man, that no one runs to 138 this year!!! Comes From Good Stock!, dad a decent swimmer, mom a fighter like none other!!

Now get W-90 good any mad,,,and we will have a topic, haha

Hey now! Don't know why anyone around here would want to make me mad!! I take the high road these days. You insult my family though.... and it becomes a smack down!

See you tomorrow my dearest CupCake. I'm sure you'll be sitting on the wrong side though.....

Rumor has it, Clements is trying to get down to 138 by end of season (next 2-3 weeks). Impressive. But I don't see it paying off for him. As many have already said, Alex Ward has been dominate this season. NO ONE outworks him at the end of a match. At state, I don't see Clements getting the end result that he wants (a championship). Ward is just too tough, too conditioned, and too good.

As far as Clements tomorrow night, the kid's an anomaly. Due to the ambitious desire to be at 138 (We're talking about a kid who wrestled 160 or so just a couple weeks ago), he is in his decent plan at this point. Main reason why he didn't participate in the Prep Slam this past weekend. So who knows what weight he'll step out at tomorrow. Could he weigh in low (ie decent plan) and bump way up to wrestle? Will he stick around the 40's? Don't think it really matters though. Shuffling has always been the star celebrity of this match every year, yet I don't see it being as big a factor this year....

As I previously said though, this one will be interesting this year. Nothing's secure.

From what I've been told, Kaleb Powell is an 8th grader who Baylor had planned on using at 113 all season, but has been out due to a knee injury of some sort? I definitely don't see Watson bumping to wrestle Westbrooks since Brunner lost to him just this past weekend...look for Brunner to be out for some revenge. And I would have to suspect Clements will be in the line up as well. If I'm not mistaken, didn't this young man start for the EBE as an 8th grader and a freshman? LOL. I also believe he is a two-time VA Beach All American. I'm assuming you were being sarcastic about him making their lineup since he is now an enemy of your team. Although, I have heard the rumors that he is descending to 138 himself and Bryson Popp staying at 145. As far as predictions go I'm going with Baylor by 6-10. Question: What does a Baylor win mean for the state duals? Would this match the winner or loser up with Father Ryan in the semis?

Read my post on page 1 for answer.

Hey now! Don't know why anyone around here would want to make me mad!! I take the high road these days. You insult my family though.... and it becomes a smack down!

See you tomorrow my dearest CupCake. I'm sure you'll be sitting on the wrong side though.....

......but one reason my dear,,,,,I have a better view of you from the winning side! ;)

CC,,,sends...

Starting to get really excited! This time tomorrow night hopefully the big blu will be celebrating a big win and stoppage to baylor's current streak.

Here's how I see this one playing out:

106 Westbrook dec Murphy 3-0 M

113 Elsea fall Powell 9-0 M

120 Connell fall Eady 15-0 M

126 Watson fall Davis 15-6 M

132 Westbrook dec Brunner 18-6 M

138 Ward dec Popp 21-6 M

145 Clements fall Kent 21-12 M

152 Cate fall Halleron 21-18 M

160 Huff dec McCroskey 21-21 M

170 Berz dec Craig 24-21 M

182 Bodine dec Hoodenpyle 24-24 M

195 Norrad forfeit ? 30-24 B

220 Cook dec Seaberg 30-27 B

285 Youngblood fall Payne 33-30 M

Look for the Westbrook v Brunner match up to be the match of the night at 132. My upset pick of the night being at 170 with Berz over Craig. Yes of course I'm biased, but regardless, should be one heck of a dual meet inside a packed out gymnasium holding close to 3,000 people! HERE WE GO :popcorneater:

Edited by trublu2

Starting to get really excited! This time tomorrow night hopefully the big blu will be celebrating a big win and stoppage to baylor's current streak.

Here's how I see this one playing out:

106 Westbrook dec Murphy 3-0 M

113 Elsea fall Powell 9-0 M

120 Connell fall Eady 15-0 M

126 Watson fall Davis 15-6 M

132 Westbrook dec Brunner 18-6 M

138 Ward dec Popp 21-6 M

145 Clements fall Kent 21-12 M

152 Cate fall Halleron 21-18 M

160 Huff dec McCroskey 21-21 M

170 Berz dec Craig 24-21 M

182 Bodine dec Hoodenpyle 24-24 M

195 Norrad forfeit ? 30-24 B

220 Cook dec Seaberg 30-27 B

285 Youngblood fall Payne 33-30 M

Look for the Westbrook v Brunner match up to be the match of the night at 132. My upset pick of the night being at 170 with Berz over Craig. Yes of course I'm biased, but regardless, should be one heck of a dual meet inside a packed out gymnasium holding close to 3,000 people! HERE WE GO :popcorneater:

Edited by mrwrestler1