2012 Class A Mr. Basketball Ballot

CoachT

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to nominate Matt Shown, he plays for the alcoa tornadoes, alcoa high school, he gives 100 % every game. He is over 1000 points for his high school time. He is a young man with good character. As captain, i feel he has stepped up his game and is the leader by going around before the game encouraging every player.

In the year 2010-2011, he was named the Blount Co player of the year.

i would like to nominate Matt Shown, he plays for the alcoa tornadoes, alcoa high school, he gives 100 % every game. He is over 1000 points for his high school time. He is a young man with good character. As captain, i feel he has stepped up his game and is the leader by going around before the game encouraging every player.

In the year 2010-2011, he was named the Blount Co player of the year.

Might want to put him in AA.

Again want to promote Rafael Tyler from Lake County and add Derrick Swift from Lake Co. to the conversation. Rafeal has had an outstanding career. 3 time All-District 14-A regualr season,3 time District 14-A All-tournament team and 3 time Region 7 All-Tournament team. He was the 2011 Region 7 Tournament MVP as well as the 2011 Class A Stte Tournament MVP. Rafeal should eclipse the 2,000 point mark for his career next week. He can play point guard or 2 guard and is an excellent ball handler. He is a good student as well with a 3.4 GPA. Derek is an excellent defender and rebounder for the Falcons. He has had over 10 double/doubles including a 17 point 17 rebound performance last night vs. Bradford. He is a relentless worker who can play the 4 or 5 spot and can jump out of the gym. Both young men are deserving of recognition in my opinion.

Again want to promote Rafael Tyler from Lake County and add Derrick Swift from Lake Co. to the conversation. Rafeal has had an outstanding career. 3 time All-District 14-A regualr season,3 time District 14-A All-tournament team and 3 time Region 7 All-Tournament team. He was the 2011 Region 7 Tournament MVP as well as the 2011 Class A Stte Tournament MVP. Rafeal should eclipse the 2,000 point mark for his career next week. He can play point guard or 2 guard and is an excellent ball handler. He is a good student as well with a 3.4 GPA. Derek is an excellent defender and rebounder for the Falcons. He has had over 10 double/doubles including a 17 point 17 rebound performance last night vs. Bradford. He is a relentless worker who can play the 4 or 5 spot and can jump out of the gym. Both young men are deserving of recognition in my opinion.

I agree/Swift had two nice slams against Bradford,one over the top of a player.

Edited by mrbigster

Just being real here, but your finalist will be Newby, Tucker, and Mullinicks and Newby will win it because of the simple fact that Mullinicks and Tucker will split the middle Tennessee vote pretty much along region lines, West Tennessee will vote for Newby, and East Tennessee will vote for the more highly publicized name recognition which is Newby by far. An honorable mention from the mid-state is Princeton Harlan of Mt Pleasant.

Just wanted to update Devon Bailey (Clarksburg) stats as of today (1-30-12). 25.7 ppg, 7.0 rpg. Has 56 assists and 73 steals. Needs 71 more points to reach 2,000. The Rockets are 18-5 on the season. Very deserving young man

Perry Co. beat them 64-50 and he had 35 of the 50....he's very athletic and he has a quick shot and his Defense is really impressive as well

Just being real here, but your finalist will be Newby, Tucker, and Mullinicks and Newby will win it because of the simple fact that Mullinicks and Tucker will split the middle Tennessee vote pretty much along region lines, West Tennessee will vote for Newby, and East Tennessee will vote for the more highly publicized name recognition which is Newby by far. An honorable mention from the mid-state is Princeton Harlan of Mt Pleasant.

I disagree with you. Newby will win because he is that good in every area. Mr. Basketball is not based on one strong suit or your individual strenght along. Its the complete Package. Poythress is without a doubt a High DI so is Tay Tay. J3, Nichols who will be carring that trophy home in years to come.

If your are a great player you will get the ink. It will follow you and I don't mean on message boards. Colleges and recuriters follow you. Tay Tay has been on the College radar since he was in the 8th grade. he has proven to have what it takes to play on the big stage over time while conducting himself in an appropriate manner.

Newby will be a finalist and most likely win it because as utfan3 said he is that good BUT something is very wrong in my opinion if Rafael Tyler from Lake Co. is not one of the finalist. No disrespect to Tucker or Mullinicks,haven't seen him play so can't speak for sure, but don't believe either one is more deserving than Rafael. Rafael will break 2,000 career points this week and averaged around 23 points per game in Above the Rim Christmas Tournament against some very good competition. Scored 24 points on on the 8th Ranked AA team in the state Jackson southside saturday night leading LC to victory. Averaged over 20 points per game in the state tournament last year on his way to the state title and MVP trophy. Has started all 4 years. Multiple All-District, All-region honors as I have mentioned before. Other than Newby don't believe anyone in the state does more for their team in terms of scoring, ball handling and defense. Will be a shame in my opinion if he is not one of the final 3.