2012 DII A Miss Basketball Ballot

CoachT

The ballot is in my hand and is due by Monday, Feb 6th. Many media members will read your comments and positive comments are much more effective than negative ones. Tell us who TO vote for. Thanks

"The Mr. and Miss Basketball Awards will be presented to the top girls and boys in five classifications of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association at the state basketball championships in March.

This group is to include three finalists for Miss Basketball and three for Mr. Basketball in each classification. The winners of the coveted award are to receive the distinguished Mr. and Miss Basketball trophy with the other finalists being presented plaques.

The awards will be presented for each classification prior to the championship game awards presentation for each class, respectively. The presentation of the Mr. and Miss Basketball Awards for Division II will be given on Saturday, March 3 at Allen Arena on the campus of Lipscomb University in Nashville.

The presentation of the Miss Basketball Awards for Division I, Classes A, AA, and AAA will be given during each championship awards ceremony for each class on Saturday, March 10 at the Murphy Center on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro.

The presentation of the Mr. Basketball Awards for Division I, Classes A, AA, and AAA will be given during each championship awards ceremony for each class on Saturday, March 17 at the Murphy Center on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University.

Any player at any of our member schools is eligible to receive votes, and I would encourage you to take a moment and give careful consideration to any player with whom you are familiar and who you think deserving of the Mr. or Miss Basketball Award.

These votes are a nominating process only. A selection committee that will include representatives from each area of the state will meet to vote on the finalists and winner of the Mr. and Miss Basketball Award for each classification. You may submit the names of up to three players in each classification for the awards."

Derica Wyatt - FRA. In my opinion the best there is. Yeah, I'm biased as a Panther fan, but she has got it all. Tremendous talent. Incredible basketball smarts. Can shoot from anywhere on the court and can take you off the dribble. And great defender to boot. She makes her team mates better players. With the Marjory Butler out I think this is a 1 lady race. Such a shame. Would love to see these 2 young ladies battle again. Last years championship game was awesome to watch.

Edited by PanthePride

• 2 weeks later...

Who votes for Miss Basketball? Of the 24 games I have witnessed this season Rachel Lee from Jackson Christian has been the most talented well rounded player on the court. She is playing point guard but should be in the 2 spot. She was voted 1st Team All Region her Freshman year.

As a sophomore she has very good stats: FG-41%, 3PT-39%, FT-73%, RB-3.46, AST-2.54, STL-3.13 & Points per game = 16.21.

Thanks

DTL

This is a two player race between Kaylah Keys and Derica Wyatt. i believe this may be kaylah's year. Derica won the award as a Freshmen. Bulter from Knox Webb won it last year. It is Kaylah's turn this year. We all know that this award doesn't always go to the best player (Marlon Brown '09, Marie Carpenter '09, Alex Black '10, and Steven Kaspar '11 were all the best players and didn't win). I have witnessed it in boys and girls. I think each of the girls are deserving and more importantly they are Christians and represent their respective school in such a positive way. Good luck to all the girls...they are a joy to watch!