TWF TSSAA Div 1 & 2 Rankings *Week 8* (1/23/12) Are Posted

trickk

TWF800_smaller.jpg

DID YOU MAKE THE CUT THIS WEEK?????

Click here for Week 8 Rankings for Division 1 & 2.

*** Rankings are based largely on information from last year’s performance, current wins/losses, and head to head competition with other ranked members. As the season progresses and wrestlers move weights your ranking may move up, down, or off the rankings all together based on the competition in that particular weight class.***

Coach Trick

Tennessee Wrestling Federation

Vice Chairman

Jw but how come there isn't a change at 160 with Wallis beating isom...shouldn't this move Isom down to 3 or 4

That is a good question. Here is a rough explanation of how I viewed the rankings at DII 160.

- Obviously Hooker is the #1 with no questions needed, but things get interesting after that.

1) Isom and Mingus are the only two returning state medalists at the weight.

2) Isom finished ahead of Mingus at the GP West. Isom was 2nd and Mingus 6th. Common opponent in Sharp (Red Bank) who Isom defeated and Mingus lost to. This tells me Isom should be ahead of Mingus.

3) Next we look at Towler McClellan (BA) and Eric Owings (MBA). McClellan has beaten Owings twice so he is ahead of Owings.

4) So how do you place McClellan relative to Mingus? McClellan has spent more time at 170 than 160 so common opponents are hard to find. They have both beaten Owings twice. I give Mingus the edge for being a returning placer based on the criteria I use.

- So this puts you at the point of knowing that I believe it should go Isom -> Mingus -> McClellan -> Owings.

5) Where does Wallis fit in? Wallis has spent time at both 160 and 170 but is hurt by the fact that he hasn't placed in a tournament since McGavock at the start of the year. He missed placing at Ryan, Hendersonville, and SEPSS. There is no way I could justify moving him to #2 (since he does have the head-to-head over Isom some could argue that) given that history. So he gets rewarded for his one major victory of the year by getting into the rankings.

So where does all of that leave the rankings? Isom doesn't drop because of the loss to Wallis. Seems like it might not be fair but I can't really justify anyone else ahead of Isom at this point. Perhaps McClellan could go higher? I went with holding the status quo on the rankings and rewarding Wallis for his win because in about one week a lot of these match-ups we haven't seen can get clarified at the state duals. There should be plenty of head-to-head matches between some of the wrestlers in the rankings or at least enough to clarify a pecking order. Ellis Huff (Baylor senior) will have his chance to work his way back in as well since he should see a few of these wrestlers potentially. It really boils down to the fact that there is a big jumble of kids all fighting with no clarity below Michael Hooker.

That is a good question. Here is a rough explanation of how I viewed the rankings at DII 160.

- Obviously Hooker is the #1 with no questions needed, but things get interesting after that.

2) Isom finished ahead of Mingus at the GP West. Isom was 2nd and Mingus 6th. Common opponent in Sharp (Red Bank) who Isom defeated and Mingus lost to. This tells me Isom should be ahead of Mingus.

3) Next we look at Towler McClellan (BA) and Eric Owings (MBA). McClellan has beaten Owings twice so he is ahead of Owings.

4) So how do you place McClellan relative to Mingus? McClellan has spent more time at 170 than 160 so common opponents are hard to find. They have both beaten Owings twice. I give Mingus the edge for being a returning placer based on the criteria I use.

- So this puts you at the point of knowing that I believe it should go Isom -> Mingus -> McClellan -> Owings.

5) Where does Wallis fit in? Wallis has spent time at both 160 and 170 but is hurt by the fact that he hasn't placed in a tournament since McGavock at the start of the year. He missed placing at Ryan, Hendersonville, and SEPSS. There is no way I could justify moving him to #2 (since he does have the head-to-head over Isom some could argue that) given that history. So he gets rewarded for his one major victory of the year by getting into the rankings.

So where does all of that leave the rankings? Isom doesn't drop because of the loss to Wallis. Seems like it might not be fair but I can't really justify anyone else ahead of Isom at this point. Perhaps McClellan could go higher? I went with holding the status quo on the rankings and rewarding Wallis for his win because in about one week a lot of these match-ups we haven't seen can get clarified at the state duals. There should be plenty of head-to-head matches between some of the wrestlers in the rankings or at least enough to clarify a pecking order. Ellis Huff (Baylor senior) will have his chance to work his way back in as well since he should see a few of these wrestlers potentially. It really boils down to the fact that there is a big jumble of kids all fighting with no clarity below Michael Hooker.

Wouldn't it have been easier to say, " I Sir Ghouse answers to no one!" plus you think islom mommy is prettier.....homer

Bcb iii :flower:

Wouldn't it have been easier to say, " I Sir Ghouse answer to noone!" plus you think islom mommy is prettier.....homer

Wouldn't it have been easier to say, " I Sir Ghouse answer to noone!" plus you think islom mommy is prettier.....homer

Comment was so good you had to post it twice?

And come one now, you know how much I just love over-burdening everyone with information. People are much less likely to argue ;).

Sommers (blackman) beat insalaco (wilson central) at 120

The score was close but one wrestler was truely dominant

in "that" match. Legrand pushed Insalaco all over the mat

including down. Alot of coaching was coming from the coaches,

but I don't believe that everyone was listening???

I'm sure that the rankings were done before the match. Once

we see how the three studs @ 120 finish in this region, it

will be easier to predict how far they will go @ state.

The score was close but one wrestler was truely dominant

in "that" match. Legrand pushed Insalaco all over the mat

including down. Alot of coaching was coming from the coaches,

but I don't believe that everyone was listening???

I'm sure that the rankings were done before the match. Once

we see how the three studs @ 120 finish in this region, it

will be easier to predict how far they will go @ state.

Bolton from beech dec Badon from dickson at 132. Badon had been in the mix all year, in and out of rankings..and Bolton manhandled him.. there are alot of good wrestlers that should be in the mix for the rankings, but nobody pays enough attention to them.

Bolton from beech dec Badon from dickson at 132. Badon had been in the mix all year, in and out of rankings..and Bolton manhandled him.. there are alot of good wrestlers that should be in the mix for the rankings, but nobody pays enough attention to them.

I dnt believe badon was ever ranked he is just a kid to watch out for we will see how far they go and it was by decision not maj dec.. so u have proven nothing about ur kid to be great..

Edited by cougars130