District 12A or 14A

mrbigster

All of them have a chance that's why they play it out.

yes they do.tournament time anything can happen.But I'd be willing to bet Lake Co.,BTW or Perry co brings home the gold ball.With maybe Humboldt,Middleton,Westwood having a shot also.Dont know about mt.pleasant or the other teams.Feel like whoever comes from the substate of btw,westwood,lake co etc. will win it all.But think PC will be a challenge if rhodes and the tucker guy stays on the floor.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this is all "just for fun",I'll give my opinion.With the disclaimor added that I've not seen Summertown or Mt.Pleasant play,and undoubtably P.C. had a subpar game against Riverside...12A is closer to 14A this season than usual,but still does not have the calibre of basketball as does Northwest Tn.I understand that a 12A team has a legitimate shot at a championship(not just P.C. this year either),but not as good a chance in my mind as 14A.Middleton and TCA will be a handful out of 15A,and BTW from 16A is a true wildcard(I know they're good,nobody knows HOW good),along with a solid Westwood team,but I'll be shocked if at least one team from 14 isn't one of the final eight.I can see where it'd be hard to believe just how good the'second tier'is from up there,but there will be one(at least)eliminated in regionals this year that I would say had a good shot at winning any other district.Before any of you 12A fans get your hackles up at me,understand that in football last year I put myself in the same position 180 degrees opposite with the 14A folks argueing that they were "just as good" as Perry and Wayne Counties.They just didn't understand that a different level of football was played in region 6,and I believe that ya'll are in the same boat basketballwise.

This is all in fun and I know that Pc has the talent to maybe bring home the Gold Ball.kNOW IT ONLY TAKES 1 GOOD TEAM EVEN IF IT IS A TEAM FROM A WEAKER DISTRICT.Dont think they can run with Lake Co but maybe a zone and if Lake Co isnt hitting,could win.But based on both teams schedule and even Guru has admitted that Lake Co has played the tougher schedule ,THE VOTERS HAVING lAKE CO AT #8 IS SICK.Could maybe see BTW,Perry Co and Lake Co in the top 3 spots and realize that the voters just go by losses,which is the only way they can do it since they cant see all the teams.But they should be smart enough to figure out even if a team loses to a Double a ranked team in over time,split with another top Double A team team.And have played the same two teams that Pc has played and Lc beat both of them and one of them very handidly by 40 points.Then i would think they would be smart enough to know Lc is better than 8th ,whether it's lost 7 games or not.Just use some commom sense even if you cant watch some teams play.Even if it wasn't Lake Co and instead McEwen was the team playing Liberty and lost in overtime.Or McEwen split with southsise.Why would the voters drop them?Were they suppose to win?Would any other Single a teams have been able to have won?Same if McEwen had 7 losses and PC had 3.If McEwen played 5 Double A or Triple A teams and barely lost but played the same team that PC played and won handidly and PC struggle.Doubt as a voter that I'd have PC ranked ahead of them even if they did have more losses.It's called knowing basketball and Common Sense.

Edited by mrbigster

This is all in fun and I know that Pc has the talent to maybe bring home the Gold Ball.kNOW IT ONLY TAKES 1 GOOD TEAM EVEN IF IT IS A TEAM FROM A WEAKER DISTRICT.Dont think they can run with Lake Co but maybe a zone and if Lake Co isnt hitting,could win.But based on both teams schedule and even Guru has admitted that Lake Co has played the tougher schedule ,THE VOTERS HAVING lAKE CO AT #8 IS SICK.Could maybe see BTW,Perry Co and Lake Co in the top 3 spots and realize that the voters just go by losses,which is the only way they can do it since they cant see all the teams.But they should be smart enough to figure out even if a team loses to a Double a ranked team in over time,split with another top Double A team team.And have played the same two teams that Pc has played and Lc beat both of them and one of them very handidly by 40 points.Then i would think they would be smart enough to know Lc is better than 8th ,whether it's lost 7 games or not.Just use some commom sense even if you cant watch some teams play.Even if it wasn't Lake Co and instead McEwen was the team playing Liberty and lost in overtime.Or McEwen split with southsise.Why would the voters drop them?Were they suppose to win?Would any other Single a teams have been able to have won?Same if McEwen had 7 losses and PC had 3.If McEwen played 5 Double A or Triple A teams and barely lost but played the same team that PC played and won handidly and PC struggle.Doubt as a voter that I'd have PC ranked ahead of them even if they did have more losses.It's called knowing basketball and Common Sense.

So, in your opinion, given that Summertown has beaten a 1 loss #4 ranked AA squad that just beat Mt Pleasant by a 40 spot, they deserve talk of being ranked? I see you keep throwing Union City in your arguements and also include them from last year, but dude, Summertown beat them on a nuetral court last year, so for you to say UC was better than PC last season is a farce.

Not even close this year. 14A. 12A actually stronger last year with PC, Summetown and Wayne Co all deserving at least a sub state birth. Luckly PC pulled out an upset and nobody could have beat Summertown playing in their condemed barn.

So, in your opinion, given that Summertown has beaten a 1 loss #4 ranked AA squad that just beat Mt Pleasant by a 40 spot, they deserve talk of being ranked? I see you keep throwing Union City in your arguements and also include them from last year, but dude, Summertown beat them on a nuetral court last year, so for you to say UC was better than PC last season is a farce.

I never said Uc was better than PC last year dude.Lake Co beat UC late in the year by over 40 points.Not talking about just 1 game ,even with this years team.Anybody could probably play close maybe just 1 game because of foul trouble etc.Lake co has played about 8 games involving AA or AAA teams and played all close or won and also played a top ten Single A team from out of district.Talking about the overall body of work.

Edited by mrbigster