HAMPTON 2012

uknoit2

Just a handful wingman. Uknoit, most kids are well-mannered. I was never given any authority, just volunteering my time because I loved the program and the kids. I believe in training really hard. Im more into stretching and cardio these days. I believe kids are getting injured too much during games because they leave these two out of their training.

....and I agree! Ordered an isometric stretching program that even I like LOL...got my boys using it because stretching is .a key to strength, speed, and absorbing the the pounding of fb

Just a handful wingman. Uknoit, most kids are well-mannered. I was never given any authority, just volunteering my time because I loved the program and the kids. I believe in training really hard. Im more into stretching and cardio these days. I believe kids are getting injured too much during games because they leave these two out of their training.

We dont have 50+ lifting but we do have more than a handful.

Thats good to hear, Kevin. I hope they get arms like you. :) I'd rather have a few that worked really hard than a bunch that just signed in and didn't even put in a hard work out. I felt like that was a big problem right before Lunsford left. A lot of the big boys just showed up and didn't do anything and that translated into CAK 2003.

I was going to ask earlier if you weren't involved...but didn't want to just throw your name out there.

With guys your size as examples of what pushing iron can do, that field house should be slammed IMO.

Many in basketball? Starting baseball practice? If so, there is still time

I was going to ask earlier if you weren't involved...but didn't want to just throw your name out there.

With guys your size as examples of what pushing iron can do, that field house should be slammed IMO.

Yeah, plus he ain't afraid to put his full name as his username. :) Uknoit, its all about pride. Giving yourself the tools to go on the field and execute the fundamentals of the game at the highest level possible. I should have a karate school up here in a couple years. There is nothing better for overall quickness and flexibility and discipline than the martial arts. Learning to overcome fear and to treat pain as if it doesn't exist. I think the accomplishments of Adam Pacman Townson can be a motivating factor for our young men at both schools. It takes a tough sob to get in the cage. :ph34r:

I go up there sometimes when they're working out but not much. They workout after school before I get off of work but there was 5 or 6 kids working out with me right after football before they started lifting as a team. Coach Overbay is over the weight lifting and does a good job with the kids.

Yeah, plus he ain't afraid to put his full name as his username. :) Uknoit, its all about pride. Giving yourself the tools to go on the field and execute the fundamentals of the game at the highest level possible. I should have a karate school up here in a couple years. There is nothing better for overall quickness and flexibility and discipline than the martial arts. Learning to overcome fear and to treat pain as if it doesn't exist. I think the accomplishments of Adam Pacman Townson can be a motivating factor for our young men at both schools. It takes a tough sob to get in the cage. :ph34r:

There weren't any good names left for him to use...we took em all :)

Years ago, Trooper Carroll Glover was training me just to be ready to start a mixed martial arts school run by 3 Navy Seals...Heck, I couldn't get thru his training...and i was IN MY PRIME! So yea, I respect what Adam does and the commitment of even the KING to stay at it

There weren't any good names left for him to use...we took em all :)

Years ago, Trooper Carroll Glover was training me just to be ready to start a mixed martial arts school run by 3 Navy Seals...Heck, I couldn't get thru his training...and i was IN MY PRIME! So yea, I respect what Adam does and the commitment of even the KING to stay at it

I wish I would've started MMA when I was 20. I started too late so I decided to stick with karate and the tough man contests. You can't wait til your 35 to start mma. The younger guys have enough advantages as it is. I think the sport is doing young people good by getting them off their arses and training in something that can bring them a lot of discipline and self esteem. Football is no different. You can't play this game without the training in the offseason. I figure a kid will have to spend 3 hours 5 days a week to train for football. 30 minutes of stretching, 1 hour of cardio, and 1:30 of weight training. The cardio has to be very intense and non-stop with weight training concentrating on power lifts and core strength. Stretching can include plyometrics. I guarantee the injuries would go way down.

I wish I would've started MMA when I was 20. I started too late so I decided to stick with karate and the tough man contests. You can't wait til your 35 to start mma. The younger guys have enough advantages as it is. I think the sport is doing young people good by getting them off their arses and training in something that can bring them a lot of discipline and self esteem. Football is no different. You can't play this game without the training in the offseason. I figure a kid will have to spend 3 hours 5 days a week to train for football. 30 minutes of stretching, 1 hour of cardio, and 1:30 of weight training. The cardio has to be very intense and non-stop with weight training concentrating on power lifts and core strength. Stretching can include plyometrics. I guarantee the injuries would go way down.

Im with ya on everything ...Hard to find kids to workout like that especially with the homework loads many have today...Now that's not an excuse so seeing S-Pitt and Trousdale keeps churning em out!

I actually think homework is bs. Kids are in school 8 hours 5 days a week. Thats plenty of enough time for learning. Ive 2 associates degrees and I did most of my learning in class. The only thing I did at home was study for tests.

My 8th grader is pretty much a " A's across the board" student....His homework load is unreal! Wasn't like that in past years...My 4th grader does work I didn't do in High School....so I agree, majority of hw is bull

• 3 weeks later...

:ph34r:

uknoit2, on 21 February 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

Will be a blast to see what the two Mikes make this crew in to! They appear to be a tough bunch with quiet a bit of drive...as soon as they 'catch-up' to the players in other programs (alot are only 13 now), they may be for real!

BTW, Patience is NOT one of my strong suits!

pujo said:

Just as sure as these kids stick with it,Hampton will dominate for about 3 years in a row.I've been around this stuff for many years and this group has what it takes to be great.Just as sure as they show up ,the Mikes will make players out of um.Everytime I go to the weight room,I get big eyed.Got a lot of people doing alot of good things. I love the situation.

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE MULE,JUST LOAD THE WAGON

Edited by uknoit2