HAMPTON 2012

uknoit2

With spring just around the corner, I figured I'd go ahead and start this thread.

I've always believed a good post-season started the winter before and from what Ive seen, this unit feels the very same way!

For weeks the weight room has been slammed! 50+ kids, wearing it OUT!

As the coach said, "They are committed"...and now the 8th graders have come to work!

We still have a few studs playing HS basketball and look forward to seeing them go through this year's workout program (its brutal, but the rewards are great). I hope they come ready to hit it like the others have because the 'gains' alot of these boys have made over the last few weeks are amazing...and they will soon be adding speed and quickness to that size!

With the look in the eyes of the coaches and players I dont think any player will be allowed any shortcuts...all are gonna hit the weights and be pushed to meet their set goals because the potential for a massive, quick line...speed and power in the back field...and a smothering D is just a lil hard-work away

I like what I see, and I see the DOGS having a long, fun football season before them this year and for years to come!!!!!

"The key is not the will to win...everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that is important". :thumb:

I'm not sure what to expect out of next years team,they lost a ton. But the will to prepare seems to be at an all time high.The line should be very solid.Got some tough backs and the passing game should be better.Replacing the LB,ers and backs will be the key.If hard work and dedication tells the tale,they'll be alright. The years to come looks even better.

I dont know if you can "replace" a Waters, Adkins or Trusler! I mean, Adkins was a dang T R U C K! I believe our speed at blocking will aid alot in hard-nosed running this season...B.J. will be a man by spring, looking pretty darn good right now!!! As is L.J. and a couple other speedsters....Tolley and Ford should be BIG contributors this season also, along with Balato, Smith, Juan and others.

That being said, Id like to see a few others go thru the R-Workout with Jacob just so they could see what all their body is capable of and to understand just how far they can push themselves, seeing the big rewards afterward. (the great teams push themselves beyond what is possible, doing the impossible...But they are trained to do so first!)

Chambers better be getting ready 'cause we're gonna miss the LB-Duo from last year for sure! I see a couple others that could fill the shoes of Trusler and Adkins and will do so if the hard work continues...It'll all be about the continued commitment, focus, and desire to be the best...so far, this unit has them all!

The coaches are excited...Sure makes me excited!!!

Edited by uknoit2

Thanks guys, I had been wondering how the weight lifting program was going. Very positive news. Go Dawgs!

You are welcome wingman....We're not saying they're going undefeated and deep in the playoffs...not saying they wont either...just saying they're working hard to achieve their goals and should be fun to watch this season!

You are welcome wingman....We're not saying they're going undefeated and deep in the playoffs...not saying they wont either...just saying they're working hard to achieve their goals and should be fun to watch this season!

When you give it you're all during the offseason,its harder to accect defeat when the going gets tough.Looks like this bunch will have earned their stripes.May be a great team or they could lose several games,but to me ,being the best YOU can be is the key.Very proud of these kids and I'm also proud to be a part of it.

Best of luck to Hampton. We could use some of that work ethic up here.

Looks like a couple of interested/knowledgeable parents or fans would ask permission to build up the strength & conditioning program! Introduce a lil excitement and direction for those kids...if its not already going on

I used to help a few years ago. I just dont have the temperment to put up with the teenagers who may have a smart mouth. I could land in trouble real easy.

They just have to be dismissed....Usually, they come back, mouth shut and ready to go to work! With ur training understanding, u might be surprised how many would buy right in and cause others to follow suit

Just a handful wingman. Uknoit, most kids are well-mannered. I was never given any authority, just volunteering my time because I loved the program and the kids. I believe in training really hard. Im more into stretching and cardio these days. I believe kids are getting injured too much during games because they leave these two out of their training.