District 12A Tournament

theGURU

I'd like to see video replay of the double dribble they called on Garrett Hill after he stole the ball, or the walk they called on Matt Gilboy when no one had possession of the ball, or how they decided not to start they clock about 3 seconds late on the play when they called that walk. All of that in the last 15 seconds of the game.......

:roflolk::roflol::popcorneater:

Forget about the ending tonight Perry County, and focus on 3 correctible things this game can teach you:

1. You must be able to close out a tight game at the foul line.

2. You must find ways to get your teammates easy looks. I don't have stats in front of me, but I'm having a hard time recalling even 5 assists for the night.

3. The 3-point shot appears to be your friend, but it's not.

Congrats to Wayne County for pulling it out. You guys kept fighting and gave yourself a chance. Maybe we'll see you again in 3 games.

I know this is off subject a bit, but can someone explain to me how the 12A All-District team and MVP is selected? I was pretty stunned with several things, especially the MVP'S. I assumed coaches picked, but I just don't see how.

I was absolutely stunned at the MVP selection. I think coaches pick, but I'm like you, just not sure. They need to get some things corrected because there's no reason for co-Mvps, in my opinion. Especially when it shouldn't have been close with the best player not even being one of them. They gave themselves two chances to get it right, and ended up wrong twice.

Edited by WindUpBird

I was absolutely stunned at the MVP selection. I think coaches pick, but I'm like you, just not sure. They need to get some things corrected because there's no reason for co-Mvps, in my opinion. Especially when it shouldn't have been close with the best player not even being one of them. They gave themselves two chances to get it right, and ended up wrong twice.

im not sure if im thinkin the same player should have won as u do but if so I was completely shocked and its pretty sorry he didn't get it politics seem to play a part IMO

Well, if there was a tourney MVP, I'm pretty sure we all know who that would be...23 pts in the semis vs Stown and 24 (6 threes) in the finals....all while also guarding the opposing team's main scoring threat (held MVP Chard to 6 and MVP Rhodes to 10)...this kid is so athletic...Mr Peyton Mathis! And when he hit that buzzer beater last night, did anyone else have flashbacks of the Rice to Mathis 60+ yard pass play against Huntingdon and ensuing "leave you in your tracks" move he made to score the winning TD?? And he's getting a golf scholarship! Congrats Peyton on an outstanding athletic career at WCHS...we just hope you've got a few more tricks up your sleeve!!

Well, if there was a tourney MVP, I'm pretty sure we all know who that would be...23 pts in the semis vs Stown and 24 (6 threes) in the finals....all while also guarding the opposing team's main scoring threat (held MVP Chard to 6 and MVP Rhodes to 10)...this kid is so athletic...Mr Peyton Mathis! And when he hit that buzzer beater last night, did anyone else have flashbacks of the Rice to Mathis 60+ yard pass play against Huntingdon and ensuing "leave you in your tracks" move he made to score the winning TD?? And he's getting a golf scholarship! Congrats Peyton on an outstanding athletic career at WCHS...we just hope you've got a few more tricks up your sleeve!!

That's exactly the first thing I thought about.....this kid is such a clutch player and such a competitor! If I had to pick one though, I'd have to say that the catch at Huntingdon would be the winner. this kid is one of the best all around athletes in WC history.....he could pick any sport and excel in it.

I noticed you didn't address the clock issue. Either way you pulled out the win Congrats. But if Jtown honestly thinks that Mathis wasn't a 20 point difference you should get him some help.

...and you didn't address the insanity of WC not getting to the foul line all night. Honestly, I can't speak to the clock issue with much clarity cause I wasn't watching the clock.....I was watching the play and I don't know who in the gym would have had their eyes on the clock during the play. I know there was 4.??? sec left when the ball was taken out and 2.7 sec after the play? In my opinion, I would agree that it seemed more time than that should have ran off, however, I don't think it could have been more than 3-3.5 seconds which would have left us at least 1 sec on the clock. And when Peyton caught the ball, he shot within less than a second so it wouldn't have mattered....I definitely thought he could have got a way better shot off with 2.7 on the clock.....turns out it couldn't have been any better than that. If WC keeps playin well, then I suspect we'll see y'all again in about a week on the same floor.

Edited by hooplove

...and you didn't address the insanity of WC not getting to the foul line all night. Honestly, I can't speak to the clock issue with much clarity cause I wasn't watching the clock.....I was watching the play and I don't know who in the gym would have had their eyes on the clock during the play. I know there was 4.??? sec left when the ball was taken out and 2.7 sec after the play? In my opinion, I would agree that it seemed more time than that should have ran off, however, I don't think it could have been more than 3-3.5 seconds which would have left us at least 1 sec on the clock. And when Peyton caught the ball, he shot within less than a second so it wouldn't have mattered....I definitely thought he could have got a way better shot off with 2.7 on the clock.....turns out it couldn't have been any better than that. If WC keeps playin well, then I suspect we'll see y'all again in about a week on the same floor.

Being an unbiased fan at the game, I could see some issues with the clock at the end of the game, but the first 3 quarters of the game were called in Perry Co.'s favor. There was so much acting in last nights game, it's just that Perry Co. evidently acted better. Some of the flops were beyond ridiculous. Wayne Co. Is definitely going to benefit from getting to play at home.

Obviously you know much more than the coaches that these kids play against and have to formulate game plans to defend against. 2 well deserving young men. Congrats Jordan and Cannon. I do know that both these kids would trade an MVP for a championship anyday.

Peyton is a great kid. Where is he headed to play golf?