Sequatchie Co.

Omniscience

Sequatchie wont advance very far. Out of 114 schools they have the 113 weakest schedule in the state. Good season for them but id be shocked if they made region finals.

Have u seen seq play???? If not then u don't know nothin bout this team and the leadership of Daniel cartwright.. who cares bout schedule strength.. cartwright will lead this team

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have u seen seq play???? If not then u don't know nothin bout this team and the leadership of Daniel cartwright.. who cares bout schedule strength.. cartwright will lead this team

I have not seen them play. I have seen several AA teams in this area play. Strength of schedule means quite a lot actually. It helps you prepare come tourney time against tough teams. I see where seq. has beat some mediocre teams recently(notre dame, meigs, and whitwell) by small margins. Going by what i see they wont advance far. If i'm wrong i'll be right here admitting im wrong. Time will tell. Good luck to seq.

I have not seen them play. I have seen several AA teams in this area play. Strength of schedule means quite a lot actually. It helps you prepare come tourney time against tough teams. I see where seq. has beat some mediocre teams recently(notre dame, meigs, and whitwell) by small margins. Going by what i see they wont advance far. If i'm wrong i'll be right here admitting im wrong. Time will tell. Good luck to seq.

Nobody is counting out Smith Co., hopefully yall enjoy the ride down like we have coming to Carthage for football. Warrior, as said in the other thread Notre Dame has the ability to play with anyone, they can shoot and are very athletic, just lack height. The other two game you mentioned Sequatchie played more players than normal and actually gave some zone looks. They more than made up for the Notre Dame games with their play in the quarterfinals. I just hope the teams for district 8 dont run alot of zone defense. hungry.gif

I don't believe anyone is counting Smith out. The only reason to figure Seq. advances is because of the ranks and the records. Regardless of a "weak" schedule the indians have taken care of business this year. If they weren't a strong, capable team, they would've slipped up at least once. They've done exactly what they were supposed to all year. WIN. They've beaten the lesser teams handily all year. And what matters most is, they're playing good at the right time. Nobody is punching their ticket yet, just saying, the potential is there. They're a very capable state tournament team. Good size, speed, defense, and have a great leader. So good luck to Coach Smith and the Indians. Also good luck to the Sequatchie girls team. Hope to see them make a run late too.

Numbers can be used and shifted around almost any way someone wants to work them, the most important ones are the two teams' final point totals at the end of a game. DeKalb is 104 in strength schedule on here and they're definitely a good team. The person initially talking about Sequatchie playing DeKalb, I think was from White County, you won't see any of that from Sequatchie. They know Smith has a good team. I don't know how much it would affect it as a whole but Sequatchie doesn't have North Sand Mountain's total since they're out of state. They're 19-7 and last I saw were ranked 15th in Alabama's Class AA in one computer ranking, out of about 80 teams. Also Chattanooga Hamilton Heights is 21-8 and among their wins is Cleveland. Another number that could be thrown in, Sequatchie has two losses for the year, when you win nearly all the games that will lower the opponents' total winning percentage. Some of the games they've played "close", that were mentioned, were actually 25-30 point margins at one point and other teams came back slightly against reserves late. They did win close games vs Notre Dame late in the season but came back in the district tournament and ran them off the floor.

Indian, North Sand Mountain finished the year 23-8 overall, losing in the NE Alabama Sub State regional.

Also Hamilton Heights is 21-8 overall, with 2 losses to McCallie. Also has wins over Meigs, Soddy, Polk, Silverdale, Central, East Hamilton. Will be playing in the NACA National tournament.

Edited by Omniscience