Hampton/Cloudland

HamptonBulldogs1

So you think Hampton is overrated just by watching them play one game, and Unaka and UH are better, even though Hampton beat UH three times, and Unaka two out of thee?

You all won 5 out of 6 against them but they were better? How does Cocke County logic work. If you are not on the floor you just can't understand the level of defense the Landers and Dogs bring night in and night out. There weren't very many uncontested shots from either team last night. Just ask McClain,Murrey,Trussler Whitehead,McClellan,Potter and all the others that laced up their Nike's last night. Good luck against Wartburg. Hope to see you in the boro again if we can take care of business too.

Edited by Bluengoldblood

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel like im a very good judge of talent and been around for a while if yall dont think basketbll is down in region 1 yall are crazy. i agree cosby is down as well. i just feel like hamptons players arent very good at all. maybe it was a bad night i dont know but i do know if cosby played either one of them teams it would b close.player for player i swear i think unaka is better than hampton not cloudland. it baffles me how hampton won the league ill say it again. if cosby didnt kick of their 2 seniors the day of the game they wouldve beat unaka and in my opinion beat cloudland next but we will never know. but i look forward to a stong campaign next year. good luck in substate once again

I don't think Hampton or Cloudland either one are overrated. District 1 teams arent all 30 points better than the district 2 champs. Like everyone thought they were. ALL of the region tourny games were close. Cosby Unaka and UH could just as easily have won the championship as Hampton or Cloudland.

Guys, im a crazy fan and very biased when it comes to the landers. Ned smith and carp could take washburn and win 20 games in one year. A few years back we put together what one might call THE WINNING PACKAGE. The proof is the results jack. We've got trophies piled up since 2006 and we've got a lot of talent coming in. so I say to all challengers, if you want to knock us off then come ahead. Whoooo!

i feel like im a very good judge of talent and been around for a while if yall dont think basketbll is down in region 1 yall are crazy. i agree cosby is down as well. i just feel like hamptons players arent very good at all. maybe it was a bad night i dont know but i do know if cosby played either one of them teams it would b close.player for player i swear i think unaka is better than hampton not cloudland. it baffles me how hampton won the league ill say it again. if cosby didnt kick of their 2 seniors the day of the game they wouldve beat unaka and in my opinion beat cloudland next but we will never know. but i look forward to a stong campaign next year. good luck in substate once again

I see what you are saying. But there is a difference in best collection of talent and best TEAM. I am with you, I think UH and Unaka had better talent than Hampton this year. But UH is soft and a bunch of pansies, and Unaka has a bunch of headcases. So, in turn, they didn't exactly make the best "TEAM." While Hampton may have not had the best talent, they buckled down, played together, and came out on top.. Having the best coach in the Region helps matters as well.

"IF" is the biggist 2 letter word I know of. Just like everybody thought the Cosby girls would play the Landers close "IF" they shot well and "IF" they played good D. There's a reason Cloudland and Hampton have been so dominant the last several years. Simply put, they refuse to lose. Personally I don't think Cosby would have had either of our numbers with or without the two players. JMO,just like you gave yours. Guess we will never know since they couldn't make it past the 4th place finisher in dist.1. Go back and read all our posts. Everyone from up here said that there wasn't much difference between 1st and 4th place up here, but there WAS a difference. We beat them each 2,3 and even 4 times. Hard to beat a good team once or twice but MULTIPLE times? That says ALOT about the Landers and Dogs both in my opinion.

Both teams will have to play well to see the boro, but we dodged the bullet with this win. Hampton has their work laid out in front of them. Winning at Wartburg will take a great team performance. Oneida will come to play too I just believe our odds are higher than Hamptons. good job tonight landers. Great defense, held C McClaIn to only 2 points.(I think, best I remember) also held Wesley in check. Role players almost pulled em through though. Good job by chambers and camillo. Dogs have to be most improved team in region, hats off to Ned and the players for their hard work and determination. No one could have picked them in preseason to win district and runner up regional by 1point

[/quote

Classy post. Ned and his assistants have my congratulations this year. They have got the most out of their players for sure. I like the Landers chances especially at home in the "sweat box". Hampton definately is an underdog against Wartburg, however, they have been underdogs all year so it would not surprise me if they made the state too. Good luck to both teams in the sub-state!

I actually agree with a few of your points, crazyness. Uh does play soft, kind of like having 5 alex daniels' on the floor. And further, I haven't met too many creekers who weren't nutcases. Look at you. You rode the short bus to school. :roflol: I disagree with the proclamation of ned being the best coach. Carp is just as good. He proved that last night. Who was the ole guy in a creeker shirt cleaning the floor? That was the first creeker I have seen on a championship floor in a long time! :roflol:

Why isn't Cosby in District 1? They play up here in football. Just wondering. I think it would benifit them to play in this conf. simply for the added level of competition. Personally I'd love having them. District play would REALLY get you ready for postseason play if you add them.

Edited by Bluengoldblood