IS THIS A JOKE?

BTWSheriff

IS THIS A JOKE?

Scotts Hill insults BTW by offering them $2,000 dollars to forfeit their home court advantaged in both the boys and girls games to play in their home town. Are you serious. Do you think people in Memphis are that dumb, or just..... Scotts Hill is a 9-15 team. Is this serious? Are you kidding me? this is disrespectful. Scotts Hill just fueled the fire. I doubt BTW will hold anything back now. I smell a 150 point win. Welcome to South Memphis............Isn't this black history month.................

I could understand not going to Memphis for football because the high school's don't even have their own fields, but not for basketball. Just the intimidation factor gives BTW an advantage before the game even starts. Don't go into their gym trying to cause trouble and you'll only come away with a loss. If you go into their gym and cause trouble, you might come away with a loss and a black eye. I've been into SEVERAL inner-city Memphis school's (I'm white) and have never came out hurt or harmed. Like I said, mind your own business and just enjoy the experience of going into inner-city Memphis for a HS game!

...and yes, I've been to BTW.

IS THIS A JOKE?

Scotts Hill insults BTW by offering them $2,000 dollars to forfeit their home court advantaged in both the boys and girls games to play in their home town. Are you serious. Do you think people in Memphis are that dumb, or just..... Scotts Hill is a 9-15 team. Is this serious? Are you kidding me? this is disrespectful. Scotts Hill just fueled the fire. I doubt BTW will hold anything back now. I smell a 150 point win. Welcome to South Memphis............Isn't this black history month.................

And that's an insult in what manner? $4,000.00 to the athletic program to make one bus trip sounds like a fair offer,and it's not like it would be the first time a games venue was changed for compensation.At the risk of offending you further(which was not the intent),do you expect me to believe that BTW would've held anything back if this offer had not been extended...give it a rest!Booker T will probably have less than 200 fans at the game and both teams would profit greatly by playing here,thus the offer.If the Principal,A.D.,and Coach chose not to accept the offer a simple "thanks,but no thanks" would suffice.As for being disrespectful,whats the deal with the "black history month" comment,the only color relavant to this discussion is GREEN.

Edited by tradertwo

And that's an insult in what manner? $4,000.00 to the athletic program to make one bus trip sounds like a fair offer,and it's not like it would be the first time a games venue was changed for compensation.At the risk of offending you further(which was not the intent),do you expect me to believe that BTW would've held anything back if this offer had not been extended...give it a rest!Booker T will probably have less than 200 fans at the game and both teams would profit greatly by playing here,thus the offer.If the Principal,A.D.,and Coach chose not to accept the offer a simple "thanks,but no thanks" would suffice.As for being disrespectful,whats the deal with the "black history month" comment,the only color relavent to this discussion is GREEN.

........... :thumb: ..on black history comment..

I don't think Coach Haston wanted to see Clarksville Academy in Sub State last year either, but we did and we took care of business.

LOL, I hear ya... on a side note, I notice you're not talking trash as much anymore. I'll give your PC boys a break. You guys may win the state title for all I know. I'm a fan of Coach Haston, when he was a player and still. He was classy in everything he did in HS and at Indiana.

LOL, I hear ya... on a side note, I notice you're not talking trash as much anymore. I'll give your PC boys a break. You guys may win the state title for all I know. I'm a fan of Coach Haston, when he was a player and still. He was classy in everything he did in HS and at Indiana.

Its hard to talk trash after a loss. But I'd rather have a mis step now than later.

I could understand not going to Memphis for football because the high school's don't even have their own fields, but not for basketball. Just the intimidation factor gives BTW an advantage before the game even starts. Don't go into their gym trying to cause trouble and you'll only come away with a loss. If you go into their gym and cause trouble, you might come away with a loss and a black eye. I've been into SEVERAL inner-city Memphis school's (I'm white) and have never came out hurt or harmed. Like I said, mind your own business and just enjoy the experience of going into inner-city Memphis for a HS game!

...and yes, I've been to BTW.

I've had the pleasure of attending serveral games in Memphis,including Manassas,Oakhaven,City University,St Benadict,St Marys,ect...and have NEVER been mistreated in the least(I'm white too,not that it matters).Just to set the record straight,this is NOT an intimidation issue at all.If the game(s) were moved to Scotts Hill,attendance would easily top 1200.BTW is a marquis draw as one of the favorites to win state,and with Mr. Basketball lock (in my opinion) Newby,most fams around would love the opportunity to see him in person,so 1,500+ is a very real possability in ticket sales...$5.00 a ticket + concessions,do the math!Barring an upset of the Tyson-Douglass magnitude homecourt advantage is a complete non-factor.Again no disrespect was intended with the offer,just the chance for a nice payday for both programs and an opportunity for area fans to see Newby and BTW in person,nothing more.

Edited by tradertwo

And that's an insult in what manner? $4,000.00 to the athletic program to make one bus trip sounds like a fair offer,and it's not like it would be the first time a games venue was changed for compensation.At the risk of offending you further(which was not the intent),do you expect me to believe that BTW would've held anything back if this offer had not been extended...give it a rest!Booker T will probably have less than 200 fans at the game and both teams would profit greatly by playing here,thus the offer.If the Principal,A.D.,and Coach chose not to accept the offer a simple "thanks,but no thanks" would suffice.As for being disrespectful,whats the deal with the "black history month" comment,the only color relavant to this discussion is GREEN.

I doubt the offer was ever made. This Guy, Sheriff, is an overzealous misguided fan that supports his team beating undermanned teams by 120 points with full court presses and running clocks. Tssaa used to have a minimum seating capacity for regional games and if u didnt meet it, u could change the venue. If u look, sheriffs is starting all these post to make it look like everyone in the state is afraid to play BTW, well there are many that would relish the opportunity to play a team that has a schedule strength of 104 out of 110, trust me on that.

IS THIS A JOKE?

Out of one corner of your mouth you talk about how BTW needs funds to bring the school up to date, repair facilities and make the school a better place for a student to attend and then when someone offers the school 4000 dollars to move the game to a different location, you say its a slap in the face? If i coached this powerhouse you talk about i would welcome that because not only will i get 4000 in cash for my school, i'm going to get another easy victory regardless of who i play. Its a win win in my opinion. How do you see this gesture as anything but a good thing?