IS THIS A JOKE?

BTWSheriff

IS THIS A JOKE?

Scotts Hill insults BTW by offering them $2,000 dollars to forfeit their home court advantaged in both the boys and girls games to play in their home town. Are you serious. Do you think people in Memphis are that dumb, or just..... Scotts Hill is a 9-15 team. Is this serious? Are you kidding me? this is disrespectful. Scotts Hill just fueled the fire. I doubt BTW will hold anything back now. I smell a 150 point win. Welcome to South Memphis............Isn't this black history month.................

Yes this is a joke because it is not true. Im sure u will beat them as bad as u can since they are not a very good team either. I have mentioned the class thing on your other post, and the opportunity your coach has to teach his young men about respect, sportsmanship, community pride and how to treat others and then u make this black history month comment. Now I get it, everyone associated with BTW is out to beat the MAN. Doesnt matter if its Bball or what? This is your way of getting even with the MAN! Sheriiff needs to be Jailed!

And that's an insult in what manner? $4,000.00 to the athletic program to make one bus trip sounds like a fair offer,and it's not like it would be the first time a games venue was changed for compensation.At the risk of offending you further(which was not the intent),do you expect me to believe that BTW would've held anything back if this offer had not been extended...give it a rest!Booker T will probably have less than 200 fans at the game and both teams would profit greatly by playing here,thus the offer.If the Principal,A.D.,and Coach chose not to accept the offer a simple "thanks,but no thanks" would suffice.As for being disrespectful,whats the deal with the "black history month" comment,the only color relavant to this discussion is GREEN.

the black history comment was soooo relevant. And i'm moving on from that. Like I said, they offered $2,000 not $4,000. And sir, obviously you don't much about BTW basketball. The BTW community lives and breathes basketball. Tons of fans, tons of money, tons of famous alumni who donate and attend the games, and also NBA players. check the background. this is Memphis basketball. So, they dont need Scotts Hill's money and you better believe the gym was and will be to capacity!

Out of one corner of your mouth you talk about how BTW needs funds to bring the school up to date, repair facilities and make the school a better place for a student to attend and then when someone offers the school 4000 dollars to move the game to a different location, you say its a slap in the face? If i coached this powerhouse you talk about i would welcome that because not only will i get 4000 in cash for my school, i'm going to get another easy victory regardless of who i play. Its a win win in my opinion. How do you see this gesture as anything but a good thing?

Please don't lie on me. I NEVER said any thing about BTW needing funds for anything. Why would you lie like that? Please be an adult and not messy.

With all respect, I really want you to understand why BTW would never forfeit their chance to play at home in their gym, in their community and neighborhood. The BTW community has sooo much pride and history and they always take advantage of opportunities to bring the Warrior community together. BTW was the first public school for African Americans Founded in 1873. Famous alumni use these games as opportunities to come back and fellowship with the Warriors. Alumni like:

Marion Barry - First African American mayor of Washington, D.C.

Lucie Campbell - Evangelist and songwriter[

W. W. Herenton - First African American mayor of Memphis

Benjamin Hooks - American civil rights leader and executive director of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People

Verdell Mathis - Negro League baseball player

Lorenzon Wright RIP - 7th overall pick in 96 NBA draft to L.A. clippers (arguable the best draft class ever) Mcdonalds All American

Antonio Burks - 2nd round draft pick to Orlando Magic in 2004 NBA Draft. Memphis Tigers Star

Frankie Beverly and Maze - Grammy Award Winning Band

Willie Gregory - Nike executive, ranked 18th on list of 50 Most Powerful People in Tennessee list

Taurean Moy - 2001 mr basketball all time national record holder for : 3pointers in one game (24), 3s in career, and holds all TSSAA career shooting records and state tournament shooting records

Andre Allen- 2 time Mr. Basketball and helped lead Memphis Tigers to the championship game in '08

Rufus Thomas - legendary blues and jazz musician

Dr. W.O. Speight - first African American Otolaryngologist

List is too long to keep naming. You get the point. By the way, president Obama spoke at last year graduation commencement! You can see that there is too much pride in this community to accept money to move the game to out of town. That's why its insulting.

Please don't lie on me. I NEVER said any thing about BTW needing funds for anything. Why would you lie like that? Please be an adult and not messy.

With all respect, I really want you to understand why BTW would never forfeit their chance to play at home in their gym, in their community and neighborhood. The BTW community has sooo much pride and history and they always take advantage of opportunities to bring the Warrior community together. BTW was the first public school for African Americans Founded in 1873. Famous alumni use these games as opportunities to come back and fellowship with the Warriors. Alumni like:

Benjamin Hooks - American civil rights leader and executive director of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People

Lorenzon Wright RIP - 7th overall pick in 96 NBA draft to L.A. clippers (arguable the best draft class ever) Mcdonalds All American

Antonio Burks - 2nd round draft pick to Orlando Magic in 2004 NBA Draft. Memphis Tigers Star

Willie Gregory - Nike executive, ranked 18th on list of 50 Most Powerful People in Tennessee list

Taurean Moy - 2001 mr basketball all time national record holder for : 3pointers in one game (24), 3s in career, and holds all TSSAA career shooting records and state tournament shooting records

Andre Allen- 2 time Mr. Basketball and helped lead Memphis Tigers to the championship game in '08

List is too long to keep naming. You get the point. By the way, president Obama spoke at last year graduation commencement! You can see that there is too much pride in this community to accept money to move the game to out of town. That's why its insulting.

The only one lying about anything on here is you sir and you have been asked repeatedly to prove yourself as anything but a liar. BTW the school has long been known as a basketball powerhouse, we all know this but you are trying to take this off the court and make it something more than it really is. Why not just be a fan and leave it at that?

Greatest program in the country...what's your national ranking? I can't remember. One state championship? A powerhouse full of tradition is built on championships, not one distinguished player from a team. Although I will say, your school is a very nice place and overall a great school. Good luck on your quest to the 'Boro.

Edited by King21

The only one lying about anything on here is you sir and you have been asked repeatedly to prove yourself as anything but a liar. BTW the school has long been known as a basketball powerhouse, we all know this but you are trying to take this off the court and make it something more than it really is. Why not just be a fan and leave it at that?

Sir, I will not entertain you comments until you acknowledge the fact that you lied in your post about things that I did not say. You WILL NOT insult my character by putting words in my mouth

I dont care :thumb:

Greatest program in the country...what's your national ranking? I can't remember. One state championship? A powerhouse full of tradition is built on championships, not one distinguished player from a team. Although I will say, your school is a very nice place and overall a great school. Good luck on your quest to the 'Boro.

Who said BTW was a powerhouse? Because I surely didn't.

WOW!!! Now that is one impressive list of people!!! There are like three or four respectable people on that list, then a couple of crooked mayors, several basketball players that absolutely could not keep their nose clean (literally). This group of alums that you put together definitely does not help your argument!!