IS THIS A JOKE?

BTWSheriff

Scotts Hill is expecting BTW to come into an environment that would be completely advantage Scotts Hill when the game at BTW is completely advantage BTW. BTW would be in a VERY hostile environment by going into Scotts Hill for a game. If anyone denies that, you're WRONG. I don't think this is anything about how many people could come to the game etc., I think Scotts Hill is just scared to go into Memphis and play BTW. BTW was awarded this first round home game and their gym is plenty big enough to hold enough for a Scotts Hill v. BTW game.

If you mean by "hostile enviroment" that Scotts Hill fans would greatly outnumber BTW fans,and would loudly cheer for our team,you hit the nail on the head!If you imply anything else...specificly if you're hiding the ace of race up your sleeve getting the nerve up to play it,DON'T EVEN GO THERE.Scotts Hill is not afraid to go to Memphis,been there-done that.Probably been to seven or eight gyms in Memphis and have never been treated with anything but respect,City U and Manassas being the most recent.I've been reading your posts for a long time on here Pioneer,and held as much respect for your opinions as anyone.In one obvious knee jerk post you've destroyed all credability I had for you with the racial undertone displayed through your post.

Edited by tradertwo

If you mean by "hostile enviroment" that Scotts Hill fans would greatly outnumber BTW fans,and would loudly cheer for our team,you hit the nail on the head!If you imply anything else...specificly if you're hiding the ace of race up your sleeve getting the nerve up to play it,DON'T EVEN GO THERE.Scotts Hill is not afraid to go to Memphis,been there-done that.Probably been to seven or eight gyms in Memphis and have never been treated with anything but respect,City U and Manassas being the most recent.I've been reading your posts for a long time on here Pioneer,and held as much respect for your opinions as anyone.In one obvious knee jerk post you've destroyed all credability I had for you with the racial undertone displayed through your post.

I'll vouch for GC on this one, having played quite a few games at Scotts Hill, and it is what I would consider a "hostile" environment. I don't mean that in a negative or slanderous way, it's just true. Anyone of your district rivals will tell you that. I know exactly what you immediately assumed he was inferring and I can tell you that was certainly not the intention of his post.

Scotts Hill is a brutal place to play for any opponent. It's been that way for years. Back when Scotts Hill girls were a powerhouse(not that they aren't now), it was brutal for anyone to go in there and play/win. Even if Bradford/Greenfield/Gleason etc. came in there to play, they were coming into a hostile environment and knew what to expect. Scotts Hill is not a place that anyone really wants to go to in a do or die game especially when given the chance to either play a game at home or travel to Scotts Hill. I don't think BTW would lose even if they played at Scotts Hill, however, crazy things do happen in the game of basketball. Take my post how you want to trader.

What about the fact U LIED when u said they didnt press the whole Game. U SIR, are the LIAR!!! I have called a couple of my friends out that way and they have confirmed U are a LIAR. BTW did press and did have at least 2 starters in at the end and they were laughing and pointing at the other team. U ARE A LIAR!!!!

You my friend, need to take a chill pill. I dare say the teens from the opposing team weren't near as upset as you've been the past several days. And on record, I played sports for a small, undersized, undermanned school for 12 years, and in that time I took a lot of beatings very similar to this one, but when that changed, and the athletic program was successful, it was because of those losses and it made it that much sweeter to finally win. Look at carrol academy's records they take beatings year in year out in every single sport and I have not once seen you on here launching scathing diatribes against their opponents, with that, seriously, everyone should move on.

You my friend, need to take a chill pill. I dare say the teens from the opposing team weren't near as upset as you've been the past several days. And on record, I played sports for a small, undersized, undermanned school for 12 years, and in that time I took a lot of beatings very similar to this one, but when that changed, and the athletic program was successful, it was because of those losses and it made it that much sweeter to finally win. Look at carrol academy's records they take beatings year in year out in every single sport and I have not once seen you on here launching scathing diatribes against their opponents, with that, seriously, everyone should move on.

We are simply saying the coach needs to be held accountable just as the girls coach was awhile back...what he did was not sportsmanlike and there is no place in high school ball for it, and this coming from a guy that was in a game that we won 110-60...we used it as a learning situation, they could have done the same...have you ever played in a game in which the coach sits you down if you dont obey a 4 pass minimum and a no 3 pt shot rule? I have and it was as if we were asked to quit, it was we respected the other team and players.....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482825,00.html

why shouldnt the BTW coach be fired? The man in Texas was!!!!!!!!

We are simply saying the coach needs to be held accountable just as the girls coach was awhile back...what he did was not sportsmanlike and there is no place in high school ball for it, and this coming from a guy that was in a game that we won 110-60...we used it as a learning situation, they could have done the same...have you ever played in a game in which the coach sits you down if you dont obey a 4 pass minimum and a no 3 pt shot rule? I have and it was as if we were asked to quit, it was we respected the other team and players.....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482825,00.html

why shouldnt the BTW coach be fired? The man in Texas was!!!!!!!!

You feel awful passionate about this...

I don't think the man should be fired, that is taking it a bit to the extreme. However, I do feel something shouldh have been done on the part of BTW to prevent such loppsided game from happening.

Scotts Hill is a brutal place to play for any opponent. It's been that way for years. Back when Scotts Hill girls were a powerhouse(not that they aren't now), it was brutal for anyone to go in there and play/win. Even if Bradford/Greenfield/Gleason etc. came in there to play, they were coming into a hostile environment and knew what to expect. Scotts Hill is not a place that anyone really wants to go to in a do or die game especially when given the chance to either play a game at home or travel to Scotts Hill. I don't think BTW would lose even if they played at Scotts Hill, however, crazy things do happen in the game of basketball. Take my post how you want to trader.

Gleason owned Scotts Hill in the 90sn those region finals with Bradford didn't mean anything, because you could always go to Scotts Hill and win....somebody had to win that region!

Sorry if I get touchy on the race issue(and I know that I do),it's just that Scotts Hill has carried that image for far too long.There are virtualy no people of race(other than white)living in our area,no industry to attract new families of any race,and people naturally assume that the locals are biased against them.As for the hostile enviroment,we are very proud of the way that we support our teams as a community,and I personaly enjoy traveling to other places who show the same entheusiasim.Wayne Co.Bradford,Gleason,ect...have always been places I've enjoyed "visiting".The comment made by a BTW fan about black history month had me a little agitated,and I overreacted in assuming that you were implying anything other than what you stated so please accept my appologies for the harsh words.

Interested in the fact that you played school sports for 12 years? You bound to have some state records.

On the score issue. There is never, never, never, a reason to beat a team by 100pts. Absolutely outrageous. My Jr and Senior year of baseball we anted to beat two schools by 20 runs when we played them because they did it to us as freshman. However, the thing that our coach made us understand was that we wouldnt be beating the same kids that beat us by 20. So as for the what goes around comes around, that is not relevant. because if you try to beat a team later on like they done you in the past chances are you are doing it to different kids. If a high school team scores 100 they have to really be trying to do so, slowing down at no point in the game. If a team beats you by 100 they have no decency.

But here is the thing.. The kids do not know.. any kid in that situation would try to win by 100 if the possibility was there. the issue is that the coach tried to do so, and that the principle or someone didnt slide over to the coach and put a stop to it about the end of the 3rd quarter.\

Dont bash the kids about it, but the coach should face some consequences. I would like to see TSSAA step in on an extreme case such as this one

True story....

I once saw a coach make a brilliant move when his team was getting blown out. It was an obvious mismatch and everyone in the gym knew it. The better team started out pressing and the weaker team literally could not get the ball past half court. It was about a 30 point lead at the end of the first quarter. Well, the better team started the 2nd quarter pressing and the other coach told his team to GIVE THEM THE BALL. That went on for about 4 possessions. The weaker team would inbound the ball and just hand it to the better team and let them make layups. The kids were like "What?" I thought it was brilliant and the other coach called off his press. There was absolutely no need to press this team and even in a loss, everyone in the gym knew who had gotten outcoached..

Edited by truhoopsfan