Middleton VS BTW

MrTSSAA

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presuming they both win their first round region satellite games is game should be played at Westwood...

Middleton is comparable to LC and Humboldt and it will be interesting to see how BTW matches up with them...

The sub state games out west should be amazing... Definitely better than the buro...

Presuming they both win their first round region satellite games is game should be played at Westwood...

Middleton is comparable to LC and Humboldt and it will be interesting to see how BTW matches up with them...

The sub state games out west should be amazing... Definitely better than the buro...

agreed about the games out west...however...LC is head and shoulders above middleton this year...

LC goes back to back...count it

agreed about the games out west...however...LC is head and shoulders above middleton this year...

Lake Co still has Huntingdon and if they win that game,either Dresden or Union City .And Humboldt is as good as any team in the stste and they are playing great ball now.Lake Co could very well meet BTW in the sub-state with both Mr.Basketball candidates.And evidently BTW likes to run and press by their scores.That's the way LC loves to play.Humboldt on the other hand is going to play a zone and will be interesting to see if BTW has the outside shooters if they were to play Humboldt.But this thread is about Middleton-BTW.I look forward to going watch this game.

LC is not head and shoulders above middleton this year; pretty crazy to say with LC returning everybody but the big boy and Middleton losing 7 seniors.....and LC only beat Middleton 3 at LC earlier this month on a last possession. Teams have found out about LC that if you set your offense up in a half court, they have a hard time guarding...Middleton killed LC all night spreading the floor and driving. I have seen BTW play and I think they and LC would be a great game; they matchup well and both are hard-headed about running a transition game, so its a basketball fan's dream.

Middleton is more disciplined this year with 5 ballhandlers on the floor at all times to slow down the tempo. That could be a problem for BTW because they love to run and gun. Normally, Middleton has been a transition team but playing a dangerous team like BTW you have to slow the ball down. That's how Westwood beat them...half court game and a potent zone on defense.

Honestly, I think it will be a close one. Playing away from Memphis will hurt BTW because their physical style of play won't be tolerated and foul trouble could ensue. And BTWs size will be a problem for Middleton, so it could go either way.

Edited by 20tigers12

LC is not head and shoulders above middleton this year; pretty crazy to say with LC returning everybody but the big boy and Middleton losing 7 seniors.....and LC only beat Middleton 3 at LC earlier this month on a last possession. Teams have found out about LC that if you set your offense up in a half court, they have a hard time guarding...Middleton killed LC all night spreading the floor and driving. I have seen BTW play and I think they and LC would be a great game; they matchup well and both are hard-headed about running a transition game, so its a basketball fan's dream.

Middleton is more disciplined this year with 5 ballhandlers on the floor at all times to slow down the tempo. That could be a problem for BTW because they love to run and gun. Normally, Middleton has been a transition team but playing a dangerous team like BTW you have to slow the ball down. That's how Westwood beat them...half court game and a potent zone on defense.

Honestly, I think it will be a close one. Playing away from Memphis will hurt BTW because their physical style of play won't be tolerated and foul trouble could ensue. And BTWs size will be a problem for Middleton, so it could go either way.

Middleton has a good team but i think on most nights ,Lake Co would win by 10 points.Not to say that Middleton wouldnt win on a particular night.Lake Co also had 3 starters on the bench that game that never played at all in the 1st quarter and she also bencehed them for a lot of the 3rd quarter .A couple was still on the bench in the 4th quarter.But Swift was having his way down low while he was in the game.So,depends how maybe the smaller Middleton team plays against BTW.I believe they'll play a zone as well against BTW.I think Humboldt would be a tough matchup for BTW with them playing a zone and have a sharp shooter as well and some size.

Edited by mrbigster