Can Whitwell Win Region 3A?

Jashawn

You can go ahead and crown Whitwell Region Champs! I know Van Buren moved an 8th grade point guard up for the Region tournament (which doesn't seem fair because every high school doesn't get that advantage) and she is now Van Buren best player. Scored 24 against CSAS and lead her team to victory in OT against Sale Creek. Anyways Halle Ware and whitwells team defense will be to good. Whitwell is peaking at the right time. I don't see her making up the 30 point losses Van Buren already have suffered during the regular season plus District Tournament.

Ohh and it is totally legal to play 8th graders if the school is k-12 combined and the Middle Season is over.

I agree... I dont see one extra player being enough to get the win againt Whitwell. Although crazier things have happened. They still have to play the game.

That's good news for Van Buren though... sounds like they have good talent for the future.

You can go ahead and crown Whitwell Region Champs! I know Van Buren moved an 8th grade point guard up for the Region tournament (which doesn't seem fair because every high school doesn't get that advantage) and she is now Van Buren best player. Scored 24 against CSAS and lead her team to victory in OT against Sale Creek. Anyways Halle Ware and whitwells team defense will be to good. Whitwell is peaking at the right time. I don't see her making up the 30 point losses Van Buren already have suffered during the regular season plus District Tournament.

Ohh and it is totally legal to play 8th graders if the school is k-12 combined and the Middle Season is over.

I didn't know you could do that, it would be something if she lead you to a state tournament :rolleyes:

Some ppl always WHINING...Dont count your chickens bf they hatch!

It is certainly within the rules, a girl from Signal Mountain averaged 16 points and 4 steals for the high school team after the 8th grade season ended, but fair, not sure on that. That's extra practice for all of them too not just games. I can understand how they wouldn't want girls playing/practicing for a school that might have multiple available middle schools in the area but when there's just one, they should be able to practice and play.

Win or lose it will be softball season for the Lady Tigers and Van Buren come Sunday.