MTCS @ Perry County

theGURU

Either you are underestimating MTCS or overrating PC. Think you are going to be surprised at how good Farmer and Spears are. Seen PC play once and didn't think they were as good as McEwen.

You're bringing a .500 team in here and trying to tell us how good Perry County is or isn't? Have you ever been to a substate game at Perry County? If PC is focused then this game is over by halftime. If not, the crowd won't let them lose it in the 4th.

You're bringing a .500 team in here and trying to tell us how good Perry County is or isn't? Have you ever been to a substate game at Perry County? If PC is focused then this game is over by halftime. If not, the crowd won't let them lose it in the 4th.

NEVER underestimate a team in the substate. If only I had a game to pinpoint recently as an example... Maybe PC from last year would work?

Edited by WindUpBird

bad thing is is that Perry Co. was (22-7) when going to Clarksville Acad. last year...MTCS (17-15)???? facts are facts

Exactly. The better comparison for the CA/PC game from last year is McEwen/Collinwood. Untested team with the inflated record against a tough young team that has grown up.

PC's record in home sub-state games is something like 9-1 over the last 25 years. They know how to take care of business in this round.

Exactly. The better comparison for the CA/PC game from last year is McEwen/Collinwood. Untested team with the inflated record against a tough young team that has grown up.

PC's record in home sub-state games is something like 9-1 over the last 25 years. They know how to take care of business in this round.

That 1 loss was in 2002 and we lost in overtime.

MTCS had 14 score over half their points against McEwen if I'm not mistaken. However, when MTCS played WHH, they had #5 hit 3 out of 4 treys and #3 hit some as well. Against us, #5 didn't hit any 3's and I don't remember #3 being real huge against McEwen. As far as McEwen being double MTCS's crowd bc it's 10A hosting, that's not it at all. McEwen is about a 2 hour drive to East Rob. And we were in traffic delays for an hour before the game as well. (Thankfully everybody left early and wasn't too late.) MTCS had an ok crowd by the end. I expected more since they are from a big city and McEwen only has 320 in their high school, but they had a small crowd against WHH as well. With the drive added on to it, I wouldn't expect many to come, to the Perry County game Guru. I think it will be a good game if they have 3 hitting, but if not it will be fairly easy for PC to to pull out the win.

Edited by rachelwright14

MTCS had 14 score over half their points against McEwen if I'm not mistaken. However, when MTCS played WHH, they had #5 hit 3 out of 4 treys and #3 hit some as well. Against us, #5 didn't hit any 3's and I don't remember #3 being real huge against McEwen. As far as McEwen being double MTCS's crowd bc it's 10A hosting, that's not it at all. McEwen is about a 2 hour drive to East Rob. And we were in traffic delays for an hour before the game as well. (Thankfully everybody left early and wasn't too late.) MTCS had an ok crowd by the end. I expected more since they are from a big city and McEwen only has 320 in their high school, but they had a small crowd against WHH as well. With the drive added on to it, I wouldn't expect many to come, to the Perry County game Guru. I think it will be a good game if they have 3 hitting, but if not it will be fairly easy for PC to to pull out the win.

Great info Miss Rachel :).....enjoy seeing your posts--waiting on something about MC-Stown girls :)

MTCS high school enrollment is right at 200. Population of Murfreesboro is not relevant.

Farmer had 22 of the 48 MTCS scored. Spears had 9 and Brown 0. McEwen played great defense on them. The Mullinick (sp?) boys had 26 and 22. The rest of McEwen scored 17 and the rest of MTCS scored 17.

Perry County is (and should be) favored in this game. MTCS has to play very well to win (everybody). MTCS has been underdogs (and undersized) in their last 6 games. Looking forward to Monday night in Linden, TN.

Great info Miss Rachel :).....enjoy seeing your posts--waiting on something about MC-Stown girls :)

Thank you very much:) I'm happy your S-town girls pulled out the win! Now I want McEwen and Perry County boys to match up! I have been waiting all year to see it, would be disappointed if McEwen or Perry County lost Monday.