McMinn Central vs. Obion

centralmaniac4

Congrats to the Lady Rebels as they defeat defending AA state Champ, McMinn Central 69-60. OC will now play at 11:30 Friday vs Stone Memorial. Congrats also to a good McMinn Central team on a great season. OC got good play from everyone on the floor today, Goodman and Wright both battled foul trouble, but still led the way. Goodman and Wright finished with 21 pts each, Goodman with 13 rebounds, Hicks with 11pts, McEwen with 10 pts, and Jennings, and Wiggins each had 3 pts. A solid team effort! OC plays Friday, and hope to see you there!! Let's see how many OC fans we can get in the "Glass House"!

Good luck to Union City, and Lake Co. tomorrow.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!

Maybe the TWO players and the other three with the subs will be good enough? What do you think???

Don't want to say much bout this. Watched this game on the live stream. What a great game. Onion is very deserving. Big girl can play! We will see our Chargrettes back next year. Good season girls. Good luck to Obion. Stone Memorial will not be much for Obion.

skate, do you believe me now? Brandi Goodman and Macy Wright are both the real deal. Goodman is getting big time D1 looks and only a Junior this year. Goodman should've been a Ms. Basketball finalist this year. I really want to see a CPA/Obion Co. matchup. It would be a very good interesting game.

skate, do you believe me now? Brandi Goodman and Macy Wright are both the real deal. Goodman is getting big time D1 looks and only a Junior this year. Goodman should've been a Ms. Basketball finalist this year. I really want to see a CPA/Obion Co. matchup. It would be a very good interesting game.

GC, I always believed you! I'm from there. NW Tn has some really tough, great teams. Sometimes it's hard for them to to get to state even when they are in the top 8... because the competition is so good, so excellent, and so fun in District 14. GC, Dyersburg, OCCHS, Covington, Westview... all are generally excellent teams. We're all just lucky that way.

Well, we know now and I am a believer. She will be in the mix next year for sure.

GC, I always believed you! I'm from there. NW Tn has some really tough, great teams. Sometimes it's hard for them to to get to state even when they are in the top 8... because the competition is so good, so excellent, and so fun in District 14. GC, Dyersburg, OCCHS, Covington, Westview... all are generally excellent teams. We're all just lucky that way.

District 13 Buddy.....

I would pick Macie Wright over Goodman for Miss BBall. Macie is the key to that team. She can handle the ball thru traffic and makes the defense look like spectators. I think Goodman is a very good ball player, but needs to work on her ball handling and athleticism. That will be the factor for her for college recruitment. If she can polish those skills in the off season--my goodness--I can't even imagine the player she would be.

I would pick Macie Wright over Goodman for Miss BBall. Macie is the key to that team. She can handle the ball thru traffic and makes the defense look like spectators. I think Goodman is a very good ball player, but needs to work on her ball handling and athleticism. That will be the factor for her for college recruitment. If she can polish those skills in the off season--my goodness--I can't even imagine the player she would be.

Did we watch the same ballgame? Looked very athletic to me. Shut down Masengil all game and made some very athletic shots. She will be Ms. Basketball next year, no doubt. Macie is good, but tourny MVP (if Obion wins it) will be Goodman.

• Upvote 1

Did we watch the same ballgame? Looked very athletic to me. Shut down Masengil all game and made some very athletic shots. She will be Ms. Basketball next year, no doubt. Macie is good, but tourny MVP (if Obion wins it) will be Goodman.

I agree with BloodCharger. I'm a Charger fan too. I was at the game yesterday. There's is no question the athleticism of both girls. I look to see Goodman up to try to keep Masengil from repeating as Mrs. Basketball next year. She looked incredible yesterday. I will say that you can't take anything away from Elizabeth from yesterday's game. She was double or triple-teamed the ENTIRE game. Completely took her out with the risk of leaving our other girls open. If we shoot better, as we have all season, we win. The strategy worked brilliantly. Elizabeth Masengil is this year's AA Mrs. Basketball. She was the best player easily during the regular season playing against a top 15 strength of schedule which double-teamed her every game as well. Congrats to Obion. GREAT looking team. They'll win the Gold Ball Saturday over CPA I predict. I won't say it will be easy, but I don't think they'll get too nervous tomorrow...