AA State tournament

swipper

coachrus, you guys might be the most balanced and most well-coached team in this tournament. You guys have good shooters, good ball handlers, size and players good enough to win a state championship. You guys have been here before with this bunch and it won't surprise me to see ya'll win this whole thing. One thing I am curious about, is how you guys will handle Manassas' press. They will run you for the whole 32 minutes and it is non-stop. I went down and watched their sub-state game this past weekend. They were up 19 on Covington until the referees stepped in and brought the game back to a closer game. Manassas is quick and long, but I think you guys will be good enough to beat them. Good luck!

I thought that Manassas was a tough draw just like GC was in 2010. However, I don't think anyone will dominate the tourney this year like GC did in years past. I can see at least 4 of these teams winning the whole thing this year.

I agree that the Manassas press will be the key to the game. I think CPA can defense the inside game and can win the half court game on offense. CPA can run, but I think they are going to have to control the tempo based on your comments.

I've been very impressed with Coach Legate. She deserves some consideration for Coach of the Year.

I thought that Manassas was a tough draw just like GC was in 2010. However, I don't think anyone will dominate the tourney this year like GC did in years past. I can see at least 4 of these teams winning the whole thing this year.

I agree that the Manassas press will be the key to the game. I think CPA can defense the inside game and can win the half court game on offense. CPA can run, but I think they are going to have to control the tempo based on your comments.

I've been very impressed with Coach Legate. She deserves some consideration for Coach of the Year.

CPA has 4 strong guards and two strong post players. They may have to play the 4 guards most of the time if Manassas is going to press. I am not certain how well CPA will handle that.

CPA has 4 strong guards and two strong post players. They may have to play the 4 guards most of the time if Manassas is going to press. I am not certain how well CPA will handle that.

Going to be a very well balanced state tournament. CPA give us all we wanted in 2010. I am going with CPA and Obion in the finals and I am taking Obion to win it. I think they will come up here on a mission. Most of this bunch were on the team when GC won it in 2009 and 2010 and seemed this year to have been tired of being a spectator come tourney time. My sleeper team is McMinn Central. I feel like next year will be there year. I just feel like they are a year away, but with Coach Morgan you can't never tell. They seem to reload better than any team in the state.

I am a McMinn Central fan but, I think this would be my predictions as well.

I am a Tiger fan, and if you haven't experienced the pressure defense from the likes of Manassas, then "whoa" to ya. I saw the Obion/Covington regional championship, and considering like opponents for Manassas and Obion (Covington), don't be surprised that the "tough draw" for Manassas end up watching the rest of the tourney from the stands like the rest of us. One thing for certain, the Tigers from Manassas won't be nervous like they were in last year's tourney. As for the home court advantage for CPA, the Tigers are use to traveling w/o their fans, as well as playing in hostile gyms. Good luck to everyone.

MTs, you guys definately won't be an easy game. I watched you guys this past weekend against Covington. You guys have some good players in Jamillie, Denise, Jamie and those other 2 guards. CPA is as tough as they come in AA. Good luck to you guys on Wednesday!

Thanks GCPioneer. I am a realist. The Tigers will definitely have to stay focused. This is a tough field. I pray that TSSAA and those refs won't have a say in this tourney and simply let the teams decide.

I am a Tiger fan, and if you haven't experienced the pressure defense from the likes of Manassas, then "whoa" to ya. I saw the Obion/Covington regional championship, and considering like opponents for Manassas and Obion (Covington), don't be surprised that the "tough draw" for Manassas end up watching the rest of the tourney from the stands like the rest of us. One thing for certain, the Tigers from Manassas won't be nervous like they were in last year's tourney. As for the home court advantage for CPA, the Tigers are use to traveling w/o their fans, as well as playing in hostile gyms. Good luck to everyone.

I'm not sure I understand the "not traveling w/o their fans"... The sectional at Obion Central with Oakhaven was really kind of sad. The Oakhaven team arrived with less than 20 minutes before tip off. There may have been a total of 15ish fans... and NO cheerleaders. I felt really bad for the Oakhaven girls. Is that a Memphis thing? Obion Central had about 1500 fans... OK, yes it was a home game but you can be assured that their fan base travels almost as well as the Lady Vols fan base. Why wouldn't you travel to support your teams??

I'm not sure I understand the "not traveling w/o their fans"... The sectional at Obion Central with Oakhaven was really kind of sad. The Oakhaven team arrived with less than 20 minutes before tip off. There may have been a total of 15ish fans... and NO cheerleaders. I felt really bad for the Oakhaven girls. Is that a Memphis thing? Obion Central had about 1500 fans... OK, yes it was a home game but you can be assured that their fan base travels almost as well as the Lady Vols fan base. Why wouldn't you travel to support your teams??

Memphis is packed with schools, so the fans are very spread out. AAA reigns in Memphis. Most Memphis schools don't have near as many fans at the games as Middle and East Tennessee teams tend to have, especially those in small towns. In my case, being from McMinn Central, one school is supported by a whole county. Between 1500 and 2000 fans show up for EVERY home game. We travel just as good or better than any other team in the state. Region tournament in Chattanooga was outnumbered 4 to 1 by Central fans even though we had to travel an hour and Red Bank or East Ridge only had to walk across the street. Memphis schools just have the disadvantage of having so many schools, and the fans that are most interested would rather watch those high flying AAA games before paying to watch a fundamentally sound, yet comparatively boring AA or A game between two good teams. It's a shame, considering the amazing talent that comes out of Memphis. However, as mentioned above, those Memphis kids are used to belligerent crowds and few fans. It won't be an issue at State.

Who said anything about home court advantage. Mboro isn't anyone's home court.

Memphis is packed with schools, so the fans are very spread out. AAA reigns in Memphis. Most Memphis schools don't have near as many fans at the games as Middle and East Tennessee teams tend to have, especially those in small towns. In my case, being from McMinn Central, one school is supported by a whole county. Between 1500 and 2000 fans show up for EVERY home game. We travel just as good or better than any other team in the state. Region tournament in Chattanooga was outnumbered 4 to 1 by Central fans even though we had to travel an hour and Red Bank or East Ridge only had to walk across the street. Memphis schools just have the disadvantage of having so many schools, and the fans that are most interested would rather watch those high flying AAA games before paying to watch a fundamentally sound, yet comparatively boring AA or A game between two good teams. It's a shame, considering the amazing talent that comes out of Memphis. However, as mentioned above, those Memphis kids are used to belligerent crowds and few fans. It won't be an issue at State.

Well stated. Like I said, this should be a great tourney and I pray the TSSAA and the refs allow the teams to win.

Unfortunately, in Memphis, many of the AA and A schools don't have cheerleaders and the fan base is weak. At the sectional at Manassas, the crowd was about 50/50. Sad I must admit, but like Cody said, no matter how good, if it isn't AAA girls or boys, then the attendance is low. Many of the good AA and A girls teams have become accustom to winning in spite of how many fans are there for the other team.