Trinity at Lake County

tradertwo

Listening to the live feed and L.C. jumped on Trinity early to lead by twelve,end of the first half score is 28 to 21 Falcons after Trinity mounts a comeback.Is it time for Coach B. to hold the ball to take the refs' out of the game?Trinity announcers quote "We have dodged a bullett so far" as the Falcons have shot badly from the field to this point.Feels as if Lake Co. is poised to blow the game open,but the Lions and Coach Northcutt are scrappy enough so far to keep the game within reach. :popcorneater:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like L.C. wins despite a bad night shooting the ball.Congrats to the Falcons on the win and Trinity for the effort shown!If Lake County is to repeat they can't have another night shooting the ball at the rate they did tonight,seemed like a layup was the only shot they could get to go down,and they missed a few of those.Every good team needs a "bad" game to refocus now and then,but this time of year is not a good time to have one.Good luck in the'Boro Falcons,nothing there that you've not delt with before...now,go get your ball!

Congratulations TCA Lions on an outstanding season. Memphis Northside, Memphis Westwood, Booker T, Lake County - no one gave you a shot at staying in any of these games. The only non believers now are the ones that did not see you play.

You played hard with a lot of class and a tremendous amount of heart.

Thanks - you have been a joy to watch.

Good luck to all the teams in the boro next week.

Congratulations TCA Lions on an outstanding season. Memphis Northside, Memphis Westwood, Booker T, Lake County - no one gave you a shot at staying in any of these games. The only non believers now are the ones that did not see you play.

You played hard with a lot of class and a tremendous amount of heart.

Thanks - you have been a joy to watch.

Good luck to all the teams in the boro next week.

I would also like to congratulate TCA. They played big time against BTW and Westwood. I am sure they will be better next year as there are young.

LC is just not clicking on all cylinders at the time....they must get it fixed in a hurry or their season will end soon....I know they were better against Humboldt but they haven't been conisitently playing well of late...Hope they get it figured in a before Thursday.

If they aren't clicking right now, they should pray not to play BTW.

If they aren't clicking right now, they should pray not to play BTW.

How many times do I have to tell you that LC is not scared of BTW. The state tournament is not at BTW so I would like LC's chances against them BTW will not have a cakewalk in the Boro like you think. Congrats on BTW's win. Trinty is a well coached team that plays very hard.

Trinity put up a great fight just like they did against Westwood and BTW. Those guys have my respect and got it the first time I watched them beat a Westwood team with twice the athleticism of the Loins. The Lions however have a Lion-sized heart. Someone asked me before the game tonight what I thought the score would be and I said I wold take a 1 point Falcon win. I expected a battle and we got one. LC did not shoot the ball well from the field but it was more of a case of adrenilin than anything in my opinion. LC had a huge and loud crowd that they fed off of but it also had them off a little as the forced some ill-advised shots. I fel Lake Co. is playing better right now than they have all year. Bottom line is that the Falcons are carrying a huge bullseye on their backs and they are getting everyone's best game everytime out. With that said they have responded and made their way back to the field of 8. You may say that LC doesn't want to draw BTW BUT I say their is not a team going in that wants to draw the DEFENDING state champ. These guys now how to win in that environment and have been battletested time and time again. They will be ready come next Thursday!! Great job FALCONS goin back to tha boro baby.

Tip my hat to TCA.Have some fine shooters,were hitting 3's from beyond NBA range.a very good and loud crowd.Lake Co missed a lot of easy baskets.Dont remember Rafael hitting any 3 pointers and he missed several shots from within 10 feet.But he also made some big ones when LC needed them.I think LC had about 3 or 4 baskets wiped off the board by the officials.Swift had 2 or 3 layups under the basket but the officials seem to think he leaned in.I thought the officials took control of the game early with Swift getting some early fouls,Coleman and Devon Jones sat a lot from foul trouble.TCA had a couple players with some early fouls as well.I like officials that let teams play this time of year.Late in the game,Lake Co had about a 7 point lead and the ball with a couple minutes left and turned the ball over or missed free throws.Had one shot from 7 feet beyond the three point line that we didnt need to take with that lead.Also are going to have to realize if it's late in the game,who is going to be the ball handlers and the player that Lake Co wants to send to the line.I know Rafael turned the ball over at a crucial time that led TCA to tie the game but I'd rather him have the ball in his hands or Zay and have Rafael at the line .But c redit TCA.Dont think they ever led the entire game but they never quit.Have some shooters and a great crowd.

Edited by mrbigster