wartburg / union city

daroundball

Are you saying JC to win it all? I dont see them matching up with Stown...in fact if Stown plays the way they did today, I dont see anyone left matching up with them

Hmmm how did Loretto matchup with Summertown last week? Guess you didn't see that happening either. JC will win it all, thats exactly what i'm saying. :popcorneater:

no different than you picking someone from 7A to win it...only one way to find out-lace em up and throw the ball up....careful with that lime green glow in your eyes, it may distort your vision lol

I am picking someone from 7a to win it, but I don't make it sound like anyone can't match up with Jackson County. According to you noone left can match up with Summertown! Frankly I think Jackson County will win it all, they return everyone who was there last year, and they have a coach who will have them ready to make a run for it. However, I hope just hope either JC and Clay end up bringing home gold.

Edited by swanson71

These are by far the worst two teams in the tournament. How does Wartburg win 30 games? You can tell they stay over in east Tn. It's a travesty that a team like Clarkrange is not in this tournemt.

I know Union C had only 1 player and played non disciplined street ball, and Wartburg looks like they are overrated very bad, or maybe they just in shock of everything. UC fans show support for them, Wartburg fans look like just happy to drive down and get beat haha!

Wartburg was terrible. That is just the difference between East Tennessee girls basketball and the rest of the state. That team finishes 4th in a lot of districts. Would be nice to play in a district like that every year.

Dont let that game fool you the number 24 for wartburg was their best player and just decided she didnt want to play, very disappointing, she couldnt guard anyone. but they play in tough district Oliver Springs is in the district and they have been to state few times as well with good showings. Wartburg just couldn't stop Fair, but they have good coach, and notice they had alot of young kids they will be back again, atleast I think so. Their coach made them better, they wouldn teven on radar this yr, supposed to be rebuilding, but state tourney Wartburg fans will take it!

Wartburg played bad all year in the first quarter. I always felt the reason was 24's lack of urgency. I knew when they drew a big physical team it was over for them. Wartburg will be better in that department next year, but they will have serious problems with guards. What their middle school coach is sending up isn't the same kind of guards that I've seen J Davis produce throughout the years. Watching my kid play them this year in jv was really shocking. They couldn't dribble or pass. About one more group hit Wartburg like that and it's time to start thinking about who the new #1 is in 4A.

Much has been made on here about how much the middle school coach helps the program, my sources say it's not all for the better. Wartburg's time on top may be up!

Next year you've got to go with OS, Oneida, above everyone else!

Wartburg played bad all year in the first quarter. I always felt the reason was 24's lack of urgency. I knew when they drew a big physical team it was over for them. Wartburg will be better in that department next year, but they will have serious problems with guards. What their middle school coach is sending up isn't the same kind of guards that I've seen J Davis produce throughout the years. Watching my kid play them this year in jv was really shocking. They couldn't dribble or pass. About one more group hit Wartburg like that and it's time to start thinking about who the new #1 is in 4A.

Much has been made on here about how much the middle school coach helps the program, my sources say it's not all for the better. Wartburg's time on top may be up!

Nope Wartburg Girls will stay on top[ district no matter what you ppl think !

Their Middle school coach does alot for his kids there, I have seen him coach, dedicated to the game and he teaches the game the right way, He will end up coaching high school somewhere or get into college if he wants, he has sent up better good players, but look at talent level of kids through past couple of years( esp guards) The most talented team was two years ago and best guard was Morgan kid and just didn't work out for high school, other two could only shoot some but poor ball handling skills. Girls basketball is on the lower end in east tn, its just simple truth overall talent is lacking in the area.A,AA,and AAA. J DAVIS has had some talented kids, I think him and middle school coach do well together, I venture to say middle school coach helps the high school sometime in future maybe in asst capacity, I could them two running good program, if he doesn't leave to take high school job somewhere.

Their Middle school coach does alot for his kids there, I have seen him coach, dedicated to the game and he teaches the game the right way, He will end up coaching high school somewhere or get into college if he wants, he has sent up better good players, but look at talent level of kids through past couple of years( esp guards) The most talented team was two years ago and best guard was Morgan kid and just didn't work out for high school, other two could only shoot some but poor ball handling skills. Girls basketball is on the lower end in east tn, its just simple truth overall talent is lacking in the area.A,AA,and AAA. J DAVIS has had some talented kids, I think him and middle school coach do well together, I venture to say middle school coach helps the high school sometime in future maybe in asst capacity, I could them two running good program, if he doesn't leave to take high school job somewhere.

Whoa! the middle school coach in college? Somebody needs to grow up. If he is able to be a college level coach then why isn't he there? I think you have gone off a bit there. Coach Hines is a person that has a chance to be coaching in college before him. Wartburg Middle School looked bad this year both boys and girls. Are you their middle school coach or something? That coach coaching in college is a riot! LMAO

Edited by coalfieldjacketfan96

I'm a Wartburg fan, have been for years, plan to be for years, but I have to say....college coach? That's a little far fetched...sorry mossygrove, but that goes beyond wishful thinking, lol

I'm with you on that Outlaw, I think it'll be OS and Oneida battling for the top spot. BUT, it wouldn't shock me to see Wartburg repeat the same kind of season as this year. They're losing some really good seniors, but I can also see how they could be just as strong as they were this year.

Losing #24 Davidson, that will mean more minutes for #23 Laughter, #10 Hamby, and #33 Carter on the inside and I'm not so sure that's a huge drop off.

They lose #30 Kidd and #32 Lowe outside, but they have #12 Phillips and #2 Hurtt still there with another year under their belts.

The freshman class this year was loaded with talented guards, so they could end up still being a major factor.

Not predicting anything like that by no means, just saying...it wouldn't be a shocker ;)

I can see #12 putting next years team on her back.

Edited by 4aFan4U