Anyone seen VandyChris?

UCSportsFan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you don't realize is that Clay Co was the 3rd place team in the district regular season. So to say 7A is not that strong is just being stubborn.

I have said it before, District 12 and Region 6 was very weak this year. Since when has Perry Co. only won 3 or 4 games and Wayne Co. not rolling along with a load of talent? I said in a previous post that playing weak teams, nothing you can do about the district, other than Lawrence Co. and Moore Co. was going to hurt when they made it to the state tournament. Only a few years ago this team would have probably been a fourth place team behind Wayne Co., Collinwood, and Perry Co. Lake Co. gave them a win but they could not survive yesterday. I don't see the district or region being any stronger any time soon. Will be up for grabs with any number of teams winning it over the next few years.

I have said it before, District 12 and Region 6 was very weak this year. Since when has Perry Co. only won 3 or 4 games and Wayne Co. not rolling along with a load of talent? I said in a previous post that playing weak teams, nothing you can do about the district, other than Lawrence Co. and Moore Co. was going to hurt when they made it to the state tournament. Only a few years ago this team would have probably been a fourth place team behind Wayne Co., Collinwood, and Perry Co. Lake Co. gave them a win but they could not survive yesterday. I don't see the district or region being any stronger any time soon. Will be up for grabs with any number of teams winning it over the next few years.

just two years ago this team was region runner up thank you and just yesterday we were 12 seconds, a foul and 2 free throws away from playing tonight which means that after going scoreless for over 8 minutes of the game we were in position to beat your coveted 7a team :o

Why does everyone have to say stuff about my father? Yes I'm his daughter and got on his. He doesn't live off a computer like he doesn't have a life but it seems like all you can do is sit on here and dog on my dad. thats not cool! It doesnt matter about who you play its about how and why you play. Alot of teams just want the trophy and to have the joy of saying they are state champs, but if you havent noticed we tried to win for our former teammate, friend, and student, Sarah Kenzie Graham. so why dont yall quit putting down how we did because we had a cause much like lawrence county was playing for a freshman from their school with cancer and loretto was playing for a senior from their school with cancer. We all have our reasons to want to win it was just so important to us because of what all our team has been through. We lost Sarah, Megan lost her cousin and just the other day Karlie lost her grandmother. So just stop saying we didnt have a hard enough schedule because everyones schedule is different.

Why does everyone have to say stuff about my father? Yes I'm his daughter and got on his. He doesn't live off a computer like he doesn't have a life but it seems like all you can do is sit on here and dog on my dad. thats not cool! It doesnt matter about who you play its about how and why you play. Alot of teams just want the trophy and to have the joy of saying they are state champs, but if you havent noticed we tried to win for our former teammate, friend, and student, Sarah Kenzie Graham. so why dont yall quit putting down how we did because we had a cause much like lawrence county was playing for a freshman from their school with cancer and loretto was playing for a senior from their school with cancer. We all have our reasons to want to win it was just so important to us because of what all our team has been through. We lost Sarah, Megan lost her cousin and just the other day Karlie lost her grandmother. So just stop saying we didnt have a hard enough schedule because everyones schedule is different.

Young lady, this stuff isn't meant to be taken seriously as it is a discussion board to give opinions and talk about high school basketball. Your father isn't the only person to talk up there team and have to eat some crow about it later. I've been on both ends of it as have some of the others that are "dogging" your father.

You have a good reason to be proud of your father young lady,he always states his opinion respectfully,and obviously loves the S'town team!If there's any flaw in that they should shut this site down,because the best of us aren't perfect in our assessment of game outcomes,and some are downright nasty in responding to honest opinions when we're wrong.The "nasty" comment does not apply to the 'guys' posting on this thread,they're just having a little fun at dads expense(not everyone realizes the depth of emotions from the real life adversity the Lady Eagles have endured this season),but no emotional harm was intended I'm sure.As strongly as your team wanted to dedicate a gold ball to the memory of a lost friend and teammate,it's still just basketball,and insignificant when compared to the love and respect your team showed for each other and for the memory of a teammate.What this Summertown team has endured,and the character they've showed is worth more than a gold ball anyday.

You have a good reason to be proud of your father young lady,he always states his opinion respectfully,and obviously loves the S'town team!If there's any flaw in that they should shut this site down,because the best of us aren't perfect in our assessment of game outcomes,and some are downright nasty in responding to honest opinions when we're wrong.The "nasty" comment does not apply to the 'guys' posting on this thread,they're just having a little fun at dads expense(not everyone realizes the depth of emotions from the real life adversity the Lady Eagles have endured this season),but no emotional harm was intended I'm sure.As strongly as your team wanted to dedicate a gold ball to the memory of a lost friend and teammate,it's still just basketball,and insignificant when compared to the love and respect your team showed for each other and for the memory of a teammate.What this Summertown team has endured,and the character they've showed is worth more than a gold ball anyday.

BUMP TO THE HEAD OF THE LINE

Great post here and i couldn't agree more!!!!!

As for 7A being a lot stronger is a joke.Yes they had two teams play for the championship but only 1 team showed up.Several things happened.Jackson Co was in a weak bracket.As was Union City .Loretto and Wartburg wasn't in any of the others teams class at least this year.Summertown just happened to be wearing their lucky charms.If T.T doesnt get in foul trouble,the game is Lake Co's.But she did.If Shamon hits just 1 free throw,LC wins.But they didn't.A different coach probably takes T.T. out of the game or at least hides her out front in a zone.Not under the basket with a team taking the ball to the basket. But put LC in the bracket playing Wartburg or Loretto and they would have won handidly.And they matched up much better than Jackson Co did against Clay Co .Clay Co actually had a eay bracket in the first game and in the second game played a Union Cuity team that was more Jackson Co's style .A half court team.All game I saw MacKenzie getting to half court when the other team was setting up on offense.Like I said.She would probably give a team a little trouble on offense and she did to some degreee but only because of her size.She missed a lot of shots under the basket but because she was taller,got the stick backs.And on defense,a team that plays half court plays to her strength but a team that gets out and runs could get a lot of easy baskets.Jackson Co made it farther but wasnt even the second best team there.They just had a great bracket.I think Lake Co or Summertown both would have ran them and won.We sure wouldnt have lost to Clay Co by 21 points.And Summertown didn't.Just like the Boys draw.I can promise LC is one of the top 2 or 3 tams there and can win it all but could go home in the first round.Paying BTW in the first round.I'd love to be in the bottom bracket or one of the teams in the bottom.Yall can make it look like the toughest district but had Summertown or Lake co been in the bottom bracket,they play for the championship.Both teams looked a lot better than Jackson Co.And I think most fans that arent from any of the 3 schools would agree.

Vandy.Sometimes it's about the draw.I thought Summertown and Lake Co both looked better than Jackson Co.Had an easy first game.Struggled against a Union City team that only scored 4 points in a half.Union City guards were open but couldnt hit the side of a barn.Had they hit like Tiana Gray was for Lake Co on those same shots,Jc would have trailed and been going home.Just got an easy bracket.Summertown lost to Clay Co by 21 points.Dont care that they had already beaten Clay Co.Maybe Clay Co was in foul trouble.Maybe didnt run.Clay Co,Lake Co and Summertown looked a lot better than JC.But they had an easy bracket and got a Silver Ball.

Edited by mrbigster

Vandy.Sometimes it's about the draw.I thought Summertown and Lake Co both looked better than Jackson Co.Had an easy first game.Struggled against a Union City team that only scored 4 points in a half.Union City guards were open but couldnt hit the side of a barn.Had they hit like Tiana Gray was for Lake Co on those same shots,Jc would have trailed and been going home.Just got an easy bracket.Summertown lost to Clay Co by 21 points.Dont care that they had already beaten Clay Co.Maybe Clay Co was in foul trouble.Maybe didnt run.Clay Co,Lake Co and Summertown looked a lot better than JC.But they had an easy bracket and got a Silver Ball.

LC got beat 1st game again this year just like last year Bigster so for you to get on here an say they were a better team than JC is ludicrous. JC has 7 gold balls and 4 Silver balls. This group of seniors have already won a state championship as sophomores and now they have a silver to go with their gold. What has LC done the past 3 years????