Elizabethton Boys Coachless Again!

mamaduck74

Can these boys catch a break?? Was found out today that Coach Len Dugger has decided to return to the Lady Cyclones leaving the Men Coachless! The Total Disrespect that has been shown since before Thanksgiving to both programs is unacceptable from the "powers that be" and not once has there ever been an official statement given to explain the shake up in the first place. WHere is the respect for these players that work hard day in and day out.....there is none!The Boys really stepped up their playing level this season after thay adjusted to a new coach only to learn today that they will need to do it again. I am disgusted and embarrassed of the Elizabeththon City Schools Decisions in these matters. Keep your heads up boys and keep your eyes on the prize!! CYCLONE PRIDE!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabethton brass strikes again ..they are unbelievable. What was the logic in all of that stupidity DURING the season last year?? And then end up right back where they were ..can't say surprised though.would be hard to justify the baffling moves to players or parents

I completely agree. Being an Elizabethton outsider, it seemed strange last year to disrupt two teams by moving Coach Dugger to the boys. With all of the uncertainty from the higher-ups, some really good coaches may hesitate to apply for that job, which is a shame, since the future looks very bright for both the boys' and girls' teams. Their middle school teams have been good the past few years. Too bad the administration has created a 3 ring circus. Best of luck to the person who gets it.

Edited by 4topper4

I completely agree. Being an Elizabethton outsider, it seemed strange last year to disrupt two teams by moving Coach Dugger to the boys. With all of the uncertainty from the higher-ups, some really good coaches may hesitate to apply for that job, which is a shame, since the future looks very bright for both the boys' and girls' teams. Their middle school teams have been good the past few years. Too bad the administration has created a 3 ring circus. Best of luck to the person who gets it.

This has turned into a SNAFU for the boys team. 3rd coach in 4 years. This will go down as the all-time waste of talent at Elizabethton. The administration needs to keep their noses out of it (some people know what I'm talking about) and let whoever it is COACH. Every kid dreams of playing in the "league". Mommy and Daddy's need to keep their noses out of it (some people know what I'm talking about) also and let whoever it is COACH. Here's a noval idea, the people dictating how things are to be done.... How about making them COACH.

The Simpson kid won't be back. I think he is going to concentrate on track and field. Kid has a legitimate shot at a scholarship there. Mr. Baughman needs to take his talented kid back to Hampton (absolutely great young man BTW) and maybe the Wagner kid's (another great young man) Uncle needs to talk to him about Hampton also.

These kids deserve more and better. Most (if not all) will not have a future in basketball. BUT they have dedicated loads of their time, energy and sweat in playing a game they love. It's time to think about what's best for them. May be to late for the Seniors though.

Edited by CCoriginal

Wow. Not real sure why you would use Dugger as a stop gap and ruin(well maybe not ruin but damage) both the girls and boys seasons. Continuity is a big part of having a program versus a team. I mean by pulling Dugger the admin sorta told the girls," Hey the boys program has priority over you even with all your recent success and all" Hope it all works out for the best for the kids sake, but....... with politics interfering with HIGHSCHOOL KIDS playing a game? Good Luck with that.

This has turned into a SNAFU for the boys team. 3rd coach in 4 years. This will go down as the all-time waste of talent at Elizabethton. The administration needs to keep their noses out of it (some people know what I'm talking about) and let whoever it is COACH. Every kid dreams of playing in the "league". Mommy and Daddy's need to keep their noses out of it (some people know what I'm talking about) also and let whoever it is COACH. Here's a noval idea, the people dictating how things are to be done.... How about making them COACH.

The Simpson kid won't be back. I think he is going to concentrate on track and field. Kid has a legitimate shot at a scholarship there. Mr. Baughman needs to take his talented kid back to Hampton (absolutely great young man BTW) and maybe the Wagner kid's (another great young man) Uncle needs to talk to him about Hampton also.

These kids deserve more and better. Most (if not all) will not have a future in basketball. BUT they have dedicated loads of their time, energy and sweat in playing a game they love. It's time to think about what's best for them. May be to late for the Seniors though.

Rick's boy is a great talent...also heard of another player headed to Hampton (but Ill say no more).

Hampton's talent pool is loaded, and for that reason I hope they choose a coach that the kids will like at Eliz and remain there...This way the games between H-Town and E-Town will always be something to look forward to :thumb:

Rick's boy is a great talent...also heard of another player headed to Hampton (but Ill say no more).

Hampton's talent pool is loaded, and for that reason I hope they choose a coach that the kids will like at Eliz and remain there...This way the games between H-Town and E-Town will always be something to look forward to :thumb:

I hear they went after Ned but he wanted to stay at Hampton. I for one am really glad,fine man and a great coach as well. We're blessed with good coaches.

Well, I am a parent of one of the boys and I must say whoever they get is getting a great group of guys who have become one big family over the past year! These boys have overcame many obstacles! I am hoping that the new coach will be there for the long term and realizes the talent he has! Like ive said before on here there is a GREAT starting and the bench is DEEP! Im ready for the season to get started again!

any news on who has applied besides them asking ned smith at hampton? I have heard todd whittemore's name mentioned? anything else?

Hopefully they get it right. Not exactly the best track record on hiring the past couple times (with the exception of moving Coach Dugger to boys) with Street and Gordon. Talent seems to be there most years. Whittemore would do a great job there if that group of kids stays around. Best of luck to you all.